Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

Just now, Goo Punch said:

i just played him and he had his lineup set for every day. i'm guessing it was a one day thing. it certainly didn't help me! 

I'm the one he's playing against right now so it would be in my interest to just let it ride to boost my lead, but I don't like cheap wins

• Like 1

Just now, RCRanger03 said:

I'm the one he's playing against right now so it would be in my interest to just let it ride to boost my lead, but I don't like cheap wins

yeah and i appreciate that about you. i'm the same way. ask BO or anyone else in the shaggy baseball league, lol. i've been a bit psycho in the past about people not setting their lineups. most may not recall this, but there was a rumor in December of 2005 that Matt Leinart may miss the Rose Bowl. Those who do remember will also recall that the consensus from Texas was, "fuck that." You want to beat the best; there's no satisfaction in cheap wins. 

Saw the trade that just happened. I had thought the NBA trade deadline was our deadline... Checked and saw that there is not an established deadline in our league

Can we agree on a pre-playoffs deadline for trades? I know that some people might be angling for keeper value vs current season value depending on where they are sitting in the standings and that's fine, but I also think it shouldn't be able to continue throughout the playoffs

On 2/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, Goo Punch said:

fuck you detroit, and fuck you cleveland, for turning a top 5 overall fantasy player into a FA level player with this 22 mpg bullshit since Drummond joined the Cavs. would never have traded AD and LA in a million years if i'd known that was coming. fuck. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13269844

you were coming on waaaaaayyyyy too strong at the end of the regular season. Enjoy your baller ass team even without the UBER drummond

Edited by RCRanger03

got it setup:

1- zero fox given (bye)

2 - just a gangsta (bye)

3 - free hong kong

4 - im rick james

5 - fractured hands

6 - ballmatic bevo

this week: 6 ballmatic bevo vs 3 free hong kong and 5 fractured hands vs 4 im rick james

next week, lowest remaining seed vs zero fox given, highest remaining seed vs just a gangsta (this should be a 2 week matchup).

• Like 1

Well damn... season is suspended. Right decision, shitty timing. My team was finally getting fully healthy and looking solid for a run to the ship. Best squad ive had in years.

Thoughts on just chopping the remaining $600 four ways between the playoff teams?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Well damn... season is suspended. Right decision, shitty timing. My team was finally getting fully healthy and looking solid for a run to the ship. Best squad ive had in years.

Thoughts on just chopping the remaining $600 four ways between the playoff teams?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

i'm down with this solution if it comes to that. i'd like to play this thing out if we can, but if not then that appears to be the answer. 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

let me see if i can figure out how to freeze rosters.

I think we can just agree informally not to do it if you can't easily do it on your end.

I will say I was kinda tempted to do some adds last night, but decided not to be a dick... for now

Edited by RCRanger03

man i don't even know how to feel about this. on the one hand, my team had lost only one matchup since Halloween and, imo, was steamrolling its way towards a title. On the other hand, Drummond's trade and an insane rash of injuries to my star players (including Gobert) had my team looking weak as shit since the playoffs started. was going to be an interesting ending.

my opinion- i think we should settle up now. Adam Silver has said that the NBA is done for at least a month (which imo means 6-8 weeks or more without hoops is totally likely), and even then if they did return we would still have another 3.5 weeks to play out. with that, and all of the questions that we don't have answers to right now, it seems like we should call it a year, say congrats to RC Ranger and name him league champ, and name our keepers for next year. my opinion anyway.

tell me if i've got this correct: 

$600 left in the pot means $150 for each of the four remaining teams

since none of us have paid, that means we're all actually owed $75 each (-our own $75 league dues) except for RC Ranger who also won the regular season and is owed $150 more? is that right?

please double and triple and check my math, because i'm retarded when it comes to math, but it either way it seems like the guys who didn't make the playoffs all just have to send their $75 to the four guys who made the final four? three send $75 to the three losers (lol) and three send $75 to RC. Is that right? i'm gonna hang up and go back to drinking now. 

Edited by Goo Punch

On 3/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, Goo Punch said:

tell me if i've got this correct: 

$600 left in the pot means $150 for each of the four remaining teams

since none of us have paid, that means we're all actually owed $75 each (-our own $75 league dues) except for RC Ranger who also won the regular season and is owed $150 more? is that right?

please double and triple and check my math, because i'm retarded when it comes to math, but it either way it seems like the guys who didn't make the playoffs all just have to send their $75 to the four guys who made the final four? three send $75 to the three losers (lol) and three send $75 to RC. Is that right? i'm gonna hang up and go back to drinking now. 

This is correct, BO can you help divy that up?

Whoever gets me:

Venmo @RCRanger03

CashApp $RCRanger03

On 3/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Goo Punch said:

i just went and made it official on the app, but fyi i'm keeping two players: 

5th round- Damontas Sabonis

10th round- Fred VanVleet

*we did decide that FA keepers would be 10th round picks, yes?

yes to 10 rounder for any person who was ORIGINALLY a FA pickup. If they were drafted then thats their value

Definitely Issac as a former 9th round, keeper at 8th round for me

Still thinking about the other one... When does that decision have to happen.

whoever wants to pay me shoot me a pm and i'll send you my venmo info. thannnkkksss

edit: actually two of you guys pm me, because one of the final four teams is owned by my buddy who took over for that one psycho's team when he quit. i'll see that he gets it. 

Edited by Goo Punch