Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

Why is the team that finished dead last adding players during championship week?! I go to add Trey Burke and he’s been added by a team that’s been out of contention for months. I’ve been doing fantasy sports since the mid 90’s and I’ve never seen that. He also added John Collins right before that. What the hell man. 

Well sheeeeeit looks like Griffin  and Embiid down likely the rest of the way...

My meticulously crafted deep team, 5 in the season top 30 Butler (#27), Durant (#12), CP3 (#22), Embid (#14) Griffin (#28) and 2 in top more top 100  Warren (#58) and Harris (#78) all lost for 50%+ of the playoffs, what a massacred season ending. Fantasy blows in that way

Who am I kidding though, I'll get suckered in next year too though.

definitely felt this in Fantasy this year:

Total NBA games lost to injury or illness crossed the 5,000 mark over the weekend. This is the first time since the league stopped using the injured reserve list prior to the 2005-06 season that this has occurred.

https://twitter.com/InStreetClothes/status/980909296174198790

Edited by RCRanger03

Will someone tell this motherfucker who is out of it to stop fucking adding players. This asshole added Greg Monroe who got a fucking triple double tonight. Is he that fucking retarded? This is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

Edited by Goo Punch

Drummond out, likely for both games. Damn. That likely crushes what little hope I had. He’s my everything, and all of the close categories are the ones where he shines. The year of attrition continues. If you made it this far then you survived this blood-soaked, nightmarish hellscape. Well done to the Final 4.

Although to be fair the one simple move that really killed me was dropping Ibaka. I remember posting his stats back when I acquired him. He was so unbelievably awful during the weeks that I had him that his scoring, rebounding, and blocking season averages all took a sizable dip. He was absolute trash when I had him, and then the moment I dropped him he was back to putting up 14/8/1.5 every night with good shooting %. I’m a dumbass.

Oh and dropping Taurean Prince was brilliant as well. I was lucky that didn’t come back to haunt me, only because of injuries to other players my opponent owned. I’ve made a lot of stupid mistakes this year and I don’t deserve to win. Truthfully, not trying to make a jinx or anything, I really think it’s over for me and that getting runner up in both the season and playoffs is about all I could ask for this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got a guy who I'm pretty confident will join. we offered him TBNL's spot last year after TBNL had gone MIA, only then (iirc) TBNL showed up all late demanding his spot back, we gave it to him, he ignored his team and got last place, but then was adding/dropping players during the finals. I'm pretty sure my buddy will agree to join the league, assuming we don't immediately kick him out again. That'll bring us to 8 teams, correct?

4 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Don't be scurrred y'all, even I was able to win this league one of the years. 

Yeah and I've gotten either 1st or 2nd in both the regular season and postseason the last two years, and most of the people here think I don't know shit about basketball, so how hard can it be?