Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

i'm no.1 on the waiver order and i'm trying to add isaiah thomas but it's telling me that i have to drop someone in order to add thomas even though he's on the IR. Can we all just make a gentleman's agreement that nobody will add the player that i drop in order to add IT? i wish espn would fix this problem.

Edited by Goo Punch

i'm no.1 on the waiver order and i'm trying to add isaiah thomas but it's telling me that i have to drop someone in order to add thomas even though he's on the IR. Can we all just make a gentleman's agreement that nobody will add the player that i drop in order to add IT? i wish espn would fix this problem.

You can't add a player from FA directly to your IR spot. Works the same way in Yahoo.

1 hour ago, Bobby Light said:

You can't add a player from FA directly to your IR spot. Works the same way in Yahoo.

that's what i'm saying. it's stupid. i have to drop a player so that i can send someone to the IR for weeks or even months. there's no sense in that. whenever IT comes off IR i'll have to drop someone in order to play him, but i shouldn't have to drop someone to add a player to the IR.

Edited by Goo Punch

but fuck it, if that's the rule that's the rule, it's just a stupid rule. also, i think that next year we could do with adding another bench spot. much like football there's so much olaya le talent everywhere that it would make sense to add another bench spot, especially if we don't expand to a 12 team league. 

did the draft go as planned? I was looking at the other draft picks trade and went to see who the players ended up being, and it says that picks 3 and 83 were traded for picks 6 and 66, but then when i go to those teams it says that they didn't have those picks. I am on the app, so maybe thats where the issue lies, but for example it says that Freak was taken 4th (not 3rd) and that Jokic was taken 7th (not 6th). Is there just a typo somewhere?

I’d be open to next year to converting one of the IR spots into a plain bench spot. Most of us use it for a pseudo bench/stash anyways so it would be the same just with less restriction.

It would also end up with more players on rosters, less high quality streaming available to abuse games played, and might also lead to more trades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

did the draft go as planned? I was looking at the other draft picks trade and went to see who the players ended up being, and it says that picks 3 and 83 were traded for picks 6 and 66, but then when i go to those teams it says that they didn't have those picks. I am on the app, so maybe thats where the issue lies, but for example it says that Freak was taken 4th (not 3rd) and that Jokic was taken 7th (not 6th). Is there just a typo somewhere?

there is a typo somewhere.  i had the 3 pick and took giannis.

as far as adding a bench spot next year, i'd definitely be ok with that if we stay at 10 teams.  i'm just now looking over the waiver wire and there is a ton of talent on it.  which i both like and don't like. 

derka, the move was to draft IT with your last pick, put him on IR and then fill the spot with someone from the waiver wire.  I almost did that myself. 

such a shame, as espn has been money for so long. i hate yahoo fantasy compared to espn, and i don't understand why espn felt the need to completely overhaul what didn't need any kind of major changes. i couldn't even look at last year's player rater from our league, which is arguably the most important tool used for studying for a custom fantasy league draft. the player rater was completely inaccessible. so stupid. 

Edited by Goo Punch

fwiw espn has a fantasy customer service line that i've called a couple times when i've needed help running a league, and they always answered and were helpful. hopefully they're getting a bunch of calls from people asking what the hell theyre thinking. espn needs to scrap this new design, it's ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, Capn81 said:

We will see how this year goes, but I do hope that it becomes more frequent for fantasy sake. Nothing like losing a stat category, or knowing you will lose, due to one single event. I guess for me it is that is a low probability outcome.

I'm fine with Triple Doubles, they can be a save when all seems hopeless. More often than not they are a wash anyways. It does change the value of players a bit (like Westy, Simmons, and Payton) The only thing I don't like is that it's a double dipper category. In my opinion it should be counted as double double until it's a triple double, but not counting in both. 

I'm fine with Triple Doubles, they can be a save when all seems hopeless. More often than not they are a wash anyways. It does change the value of players a bit (like Westy, Simmons, and Payton) The only thing I don't like is that it's a double dipper category. In my opinion it should be counted as double double until it's a triple double, but not counting in both. 

I think that wash part is why I am not a fan. A toss-up category, or a category owned by a few players, should not have a full win weight.

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

I think that wash part is why I am not a fan. A toss-up category, or a category owned by a few players, should not have a full win weight.

It does give a little power back to the guards/small forwards (who are the bulk of the people getting the triple doubles), given that our league definitely shades a lot of overall value to big men. I can see the argument either way. We use to vote on the categories before the season, maybe we bring that back next year

Just cause you don't value a category doesnt mean it doesnt have merit. There are many ways to build a team and you aren't going to win every category every week. My team completely disregards 3s. 

The more stats the more strategy. If you don't want to get beat in triple doubles draft a player capable of providing you one. Let's not turn into a bunch of pussies. 

Having said that Im going to get curb stomped this week and TDs are one if my few wins. So, maybe I'm biased.

Just cause you don't value a category doesnt mean it doesnt have merit. There are many ways to build a team and you aren't going to win every category every week. My team completely disregards 3s. 

The more stats the more strategy. If you don't want to get beat in triple doubles draft a player capable of providing you one. Let's not turn into a bunch of pussies. 

Having said that Im going to get curb stomped this week and TDs are one if my few wins. So, maybe I'm biased.

Who is turning into a bunch of pussies? A low probability stat category turns into a random event. Not sure how there is strategy in having triple doubles.

to me the TD category isn't too dissimilar to stolen bases in fantasy baseball. granted steals are a bit easier to come by in baseball in that there's always some guy on the WW batting .200 who can get you 2-3 SB in a week, but both categories are dominated by a few guys at the top, and just having a guy who gets them with semi regularity can win you the category most weeks. 

Edited by Goo Punch

man espn is fucking up this year. i'm trying to add a player right now but it won't let me because it says i've reaches my limit...except that this week is over, and i should have been able to start adding players as soon the first game of the day tipped off. i don't know what the hell got into espn but they have fucked this fantasy basketball season up so far. ridiculous.