Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

what did i offer you?

i've been sending and receiving trade offers with someone else over the past day, but i don' recall sending you (or anyone else) anything at all.

boban and justin holiday.  i didnt care for it.  but i still like you as a person.

2 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

boban and justin holiday.  i didnt care for it.  but i still like you as a person.

my computer fucked up when i was sending one of my real trade offers last night (to anthony daytodavis) and i have to assume it sent you some weird offer as a result. 

i never purposely sent you any trade offer. (does explain why you sent the offer you did though).

it's all good.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

and for the record, i will trade giannis, but i am going to have to feel like i get a metric fuckton in return.  the trades daytodavis and i were working on included giannis (and did not include me getting AD in return), but we just couldn't find the right deal that satisfied both of us. 

Lol send me another offer and let's restart talks, I did send you back some bullshit but that's half the fun. I'm open to trading pretty much everyone except AD

I think at this point I've made an offer to pretty much every team, using pretty much every player I have. For the record I love my team, but apparently with that father of an ugly kid kind of love

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

I lost 10-2 two weeks ago and won 10-1-1 this past week. What a rollercoaster.

fuck, I have one bad week with injuries and then get my ass reamed and my whole season is fucked

not a fan of this format, obviously.

BTW what do you even call this format? H2H Roto?

head to head stat categories.
also the league has been pretty competitive this year, a lot of weeks maybe one team gets more than 7-8 wins. it's a long season and there's plenty of time to catch up.

The biggest thing is to not let it happen too many weeks in a row. This year’s fantasy baseball season I was out of it due to a three weeks span (like weeks 3-5). I was never able to catch up even though I was over .550 if you add up the other weeks.

SPRT- shrewd bit of business on your part. I gave up the better player. I gave up the #1 overall PG for the #5 overall C because it makes sense to me. I tried my absolute hardest to get more out of the deal, but you wouldn't budge. And at the end of the day I felt that the ends justified the means for me to accept your offer. I hope both players stay healthy and prosper. 

• Like 1

Al-Farouq Aminu is hilarious. He's the fantasy league troll. He goes for 12 and 12, then 20 and 9, then 11 and 15...and then somebody adds him, and he goes for 2 and 5, 6 and 8, and 4 and 5...and then he gets dropped, and proceeds to go for 8 and 16, 14 and 8, and 10 and 12...

the scheduling is so weird. here are mine and my opponent's games per day this week. 

M- 4 vs 9

T- 8 vs 6

W- 7 vs 10

TH- 3 vs 6

F- 8 vs 6

S- 6 vs 8

SU- 6 vs 6

Thats 51-42 games, including two days where i have two extra players and one day where we have the same. This didn't used to be an issue but the last couple of years it plays a huge role. 

• Like 1

I definitely got hit by this like a dump truck early in the year. My worst week by far and I don’t remember my players playing particularly poorly. It’s just a pure volume thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a couple of really bad weeks where I took a lot of losses due to this scheduling. I have had another few weeks were I had to turn half of my team around just to stand a chance.

and I would have gotten away with my first win in that category last week if you hadn't traded for Mr. Triple Double just in time to play him on Sunday and of course he drops one.

Getting crushed this week. Donovan Mitchell finally woke up and it's against me (after I've spent all season lobbing trade offers for him)

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

and I would have gotten away with my first win in that category last week if you hadn't traded for Mr. Triple Double just in time to play him on Sunday and of course he drops one.

Getting crushed this week. Donovan Mitchell finally woke up and it's against me (after I've spent all season lobbing trade offers for him)

no offense, but i did laugh at the fact that your TD came at the same time I traded for Westbrook. I was just like, "welp, timing is everything i guess." i'll aso say again that this is the most competitive i remember this league ever being. seems like everyone has a good team plus teo good players on IR. it's gonna get real tight after the all star break. hold on to your butts. 

Capela and Drummond go down, Beal and Thomas only play one single game this week, my opponent has 10+ more games than my team again this week, and now my 12.5 game lead is about to be a 2 game lead. thank god this fucking week is over. 

Edited by Goo Punch

On 1/15/2019 at 8:11 PM, Goo Punch said:

I'm in the market for a center. Not looking for a top flight center, just somebody fairly solid. I have forwards and guards to offer, so check my team out if you're looking for that. 

16 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i have a buutload of centers and am in need of a SF. if anyone is looking to add a C let me know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RC is trying to take advantage of me and my 76ers fandom...and it almost worked! lol. I'm just glad that all the offers I sent out early season for Saric and Covington got rejected. Fanhood and fantasy sports are often a lethal combination (take it from me, the guy who drafted Jamaal in the second round every year of his mostly disappointing career playing for the likes of Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel). 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

kenneth faried is #7 on the player rater over the last 15 days (he's been on the rockets since 1/21).

it's so weird, because every time the Nets played him he was getting a double double, yet they'd play him once in two weeks. i guess he's still got some gas left in the tank.