Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

looks like Capn and RC are fighting for that final playoff spot. This one's gonna come down to the wire. only right since it's been such a competitive league. Either one of those teams missing the playoffs seems harsh, not to mention my buddy's team (Embiid, Kawhi, DeRozan, Kyrie, Sabonis, Fox, etc) not even coming close. Helluva competitive season this year guys. Good luck to everyone who's still fighting. 

27 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

looks like Capn and RC are fighting for that final playoff spot. This one's gonna come down to the wire. only right since it's been such a competitive league. Either one of those teams missing the playoffs seems harsh, not to mention my buddy's team (Embiid, Kawhi, DeRozan, Kyrie, Sabonis, Fox, etc) not even coming close. Helluva competitive season this year guys. Good luck to everyone who's still fighting. 

The way I'm reading it at the moment is (maybe I'm wrong, but because the divisions don't matter)

1 Best Not Miss 

2 No Longer Freaky (+6)

3 Radical Larry (+7.5)

4 Sucka Punchin Rudy T (+13)

5 Capn 81 (+18)

6 Anthony DaytoDayvis (+22.5)

7 ROAD2ATL SEC (+29.5)

Yippi Kyrie Mutha F uckers (+34.5)

So Capn looks safe it's more me and ROAD2ATL scrappin for the 6 spot and yall top 3 seeing who gets a bye

From the league main page:

Full payment received:
Bobby Light
Radical Larry
RC Ranger
Rex Wilson

$15 received:
Derka

For this year I'm fine with whatever just as long as the league winner doesn't have to be chasing down people after the season. In general I think it's a good policy, maybe we can vote for next year, to pay before the playoffs, especially if you're in the playoffs haha.

• 2 weeks later...

need to maybe put in a trade deadline next season.  some of these offers from the playoff teams trying to load up on teams that arent in the playoffs, like me, are pretty ridiculous.

that said, offer stands.  you want lebron and steph?  pm me and we can work out a venmo number.

46 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

need to maybe put in a trade deadline next season.  some of these offers from the playoff teams trying to load up on teams that arent in the playoffs, like me, are pretty ridiculous.

that said, offer stands.  you want lebron and steph?  pm me and we can work out a venmo number.

Fair enough, I've suggested it in the past that we match the league's trade deadline. It would create a flurry of trades which would be fun

Another piece I think would be beneficial to the league is lock or limit streaming transactions in the playoffs that way you have to dance with the team that brung ya (once again just like the league). Multiple years I've been just bludgeoned by games played (+8 or +9 games) because they were willing to play scrubs every night (we have 2 weeks worth of transactions in those matchups so if you stream A TON).

I'll admit after multiple years of clinging to my principals on this matter and not streaming, I've started to just because you basically don't have a shot if not.

yeah a trade between a team who is clearly not going to make the playoffs and the team that's gonna have the best regular season record a week before the end of the season isn't something i'm a huge fan of either. 

i'll admit that the end of the regular season completely snuck up on me this year, but next year we definitely need a trade deadline.

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

to be fair i believe both RC and I accepted trades that were proposed to us, and not the other way around.

but yeah i'm fine with a trade deadline next year.

In interest of full disclosure: I was offering AD trades up and down the league since he started that whole trade mess in New Orleans well before the trade deadline. The one that ended up going down was a counter offer I received after the fact. 

I'm happy to cancel all my current trade offers to Playoff bound teams (3) and Non Playoff bound teams (2) if we want to institute an informal trade deadline this season too.

4 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

In interest of full disclosure: I was offering AD trades up and down the league since he started that whole trade mess in New Orleans well before the trade deadline. The one that ended up going down was a counter offer I received after the fact. 

I'm happy to cancel all my current trade offers to Playoff bound teams (3) and Non Playoff bound teams (2) if we want to institute an informal trade deadline this season too.

Same here. I was sending offers involving my depth at guard all up and down the league trying to get someone at the 4/5 in return (as you know since i pm'd you about it), and the offer i ended up accepting was also a counter that i had received after the fact. I've also canceled all of my other offers and am down with setting a trade deadline for next year.

also fwiw i agree with BO on teams that are in the playoffs making late season trades with teams that aren't, and it wasn't my intention to do that. I simply went up and down everyone's rosters scanning for players at the positions i was looking for without even taking into account the team record or playoff standing. that was my bad. didn't intend to do it this time around and certainly won't do it going forward. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I wouldn't feel too bad, this was probably the most active competitive year we've had. Usually you have 2 or 3 teams that just get kicked around for an easy 10 or 12 win week for every half managed team. Great regular season all around lads... ya know except for Derka winning and not me

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

What a fucking disaster of a season. I did not win one matchup all year (0-17-1)

I felt like i stayed pretty active, obviously not as many pickups and trades as everyone else. I think I just got out competed and out drafted.

i really appreciate the way you stayed on top of things, and it's always hard to step into a league where most everyone has been involved for multiple years and be competitive right away. I think that now that you've had one go round and you know all of the stat categories and how everything works that you'll be in much better shape next year. even if you had a rough year i thought you did a good job managing.

also fyi i talked to my buddy today and he is back in for next year, so we might have a 100% retention rate for 2020. 

• Like 2

here is where we are:

derka and i received byes.

#3 radical larry vs. #6 anthony day to davis (rc ranger)

#4 sucka punchin rudy t (troy mcclure) vs. #5 capn81

derka will get the lowest seeded team that advances in the semis and i'll get the highest seeded team that advances.

payouts:

regular season champ (derka) - $125

league champion - $325

runner up - $200

consolation round "winner" - $100

good luck men.

• Like 3

Wow just saw that Paul George just straight up didn’t play tonight... that’s terrific

Good thing I’m not in a tooth and nail battle where each and every stat counts in a win or go home matchup. Paul you Better double time next game for this bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Wow just saw that Paul George just straight up didn’t play tonight... that’s terrific

Good thing I’m not in a tooth and nail battle where each and every stat counts in a win or go home matchup. Paul you Better double time next game for this bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude it's the absolute worst this time of year, and it's only trending upwards. guys on playoff teams getting regular nights off, and guys on tanking teams being shut down. just the worst. 

13 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

dude it's the absolute worst this time of year, and it's only trending upwards. guys on playoff teams getting regular nights off, and guys on tanking teams being shut down. just the worst. 

Well I just got the news he decided to take a 2nd game off tonight (NOT what I meant when I said double time GEORGE) apparently you need a week off for shoulder soreness and Love who said he had no reason to rest (given that had already sat out the whole season essentially) is sitting out today too.

It's cool though I don't need my best player to play or my third best player to play in this or anything... just kidding I'm dead now. Imagine just dropping 2 or 3 games of Harden or Westbrook off you team, you're gonna have a bad time

tenor.gif?itemid=3714981

Oh well I'm just gonna play through and see what happens, Rad's got a better than me even with those two guys anyways

RC adds Joakim Noah as his final roster move of the matchup, and Noah gets him 2 points, 3 reb, 3 ast, 1 block, and one very huge steal. That steal sends RC into the semifinals. Wow. What a matchup. 

(i'll feel terrible if i'm wrong but i believe that all scores are final now)

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

RC adds Joakim Noah as his final roster move of the matchup, and Noah gets him 2 points, 3 reb, 3 ast, 1 block, and one very huge steal. That steal sends RC into the semifinals. Wow. What a matchup. 

(i'll feel terrible if i'm wrong but i believe that all scores are final now)

That stroke of luck did not escape me

Somehow my misfortune missing 3 games of Paul George, and 2 combined games of Love and Bledsoe actually depressed my last place TOs into a win... and then to advance on a crapass line like that is terrible. Radical Larry you deserve better!

That being said...

200.gif

Edited by RCRanger03

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Somehow missing 3 games of Paul George, and 2 combined games of Love and Bledsoe actually depressed my last place TOs into a win... and then to advance on a crapass line like that 

fantasy sports. gotta love/hate it. 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

so i am trying to update the playoff bracket to day to davis vs. derka.  i get in there, change it, confirm my change and it's still showing up as derka vs radical larry to me.  is that how it looks for you guys as well?

That's what I'm seeing, it looks like maybe because the default rankings they have the top 4 record teams in there, and my record is still #5? Weird that it would override your commissioner changes though... I guess you could just crown me champion and be done with it?