2019 ATP/WTA thread

spystud13

So the early hard-court swing ends with Federer leading in the Race to London. Djokovic is just 65 points behind.

roger1race_1920x1080.jpg

Federer also picks up his 28th career Masters' 1000 title, good for third-all time behind Nadal and Djokovic (2nd if you add in ATP Finals titles, and obviously 1st when you add in Slams).

bigtitlekings-2019_1920x1080_nobar.jpg

5 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Kanepi over Mertens in Charleston... 0-6, 6-0, 7-5 

Women. 

Ironically, the first match that score reminded me of was Gael Monfils over Gilles Simon in Madrid a few years back. 6-0 0-6 7-6.

Edited by satyanash

58 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Two absolutely nothing Internationals this week for the ladies, one happens to be in Switzerland. Hometown hero Belinda was the #1 seed, got bounced in straights by someone I’ve literally never heard of. Good effort. 

It was the 182nd-ranked Antonia Lottner.

Also holy shit, Tara Moore recovered from a 0-6 0-5 match-point deficit to beat Jessica Ponchet: https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/47871628

• Like 2

I went yesterday and watched Opelka v. Ruud. Opelka played pretty well but Ruud was able to absorb and neutralize Opelka's big shots enough times to turn around the points and win. Usually American's do really well at this clay event but only Sam Querrey has been able to make the quarter finals among all the Americans who played