2019 Texas Women's Tennis

Aleemay

3 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Watching our deciding match against FSU here, this is some incredibly low-level tennis. Can’t even imagine what two shitty schools would look like. 

https://web.playsight.com/live/u-of-illinois-d1-indoor-championships/106

Yep. This girl Nagy is playing is serving 20% of her serves underhanded. Just like my Sunday mixed league 

Edited by perfectchaos007

Welp... Ohio State gifted the six line

Texas should stay in the top 10 once the computer rankings first come out

Bright spot of the week is that doubles look a lot better compared to the previous 2-3 years

I have not been impressed with any of the other Big 12 schools' seasons so far. Off the top of my head, no wins against any top 25 teams.

Lost to the defending champs 4-3

Multiple chances in doubles to take the point.

Some good things: Turatis are studs at top, Labrana convincingly beat a player she lost to as a freshmen, Nagy is a natural doubles player always moving forward

The bad: Tijana is just a serve-bot, Marta is still half a step behind in her shots since her ACL tear, Nagy is just playing too high and needs more time

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Local blue chip coming next year-Malaika Rapolu

Owns a win over Krywoj (played #1 at Baylor this year)

Gosh if the Turati's come back- it'll be a stacked roster.

B. Turati, A. Turati, Lulu would be my top 3 with Sterns, Labrana, Nagy, Chavitapon, Rapolu fighting for the other spots in the lineup. Perez-Mur and Spasojevic would also contribute in doubles.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 10:43 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm assuming Lexi Ryngler is transferring to Pepperdine but still no official word that I've seen

Based on the fact that the Zamarripa (Allura and Maribella) twins committed yesterday, I think Ryngler is gone. Not even sure how the scholarship numbers are going to work for the '22 season (Perez-Mur, Spasojevic, Sterns, Lulu, Nagy, Chavitapon, Rapolu, and the twins) unless Perez-Mur does not take her redshirt season, Maribella is a walk on, or someone turns pro. Come to think of it Labrana could also play that year too...

Anyways the Zamarripa twins can be potential All Americans in doubles. They've had a lot of success together- winning some ITF tournaments, USTA nationals, and the U16 Easter Bowl. Had interest from the likes of UCLA, Pepperdine, Stanford, USC, Duke and Princeton 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...