Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

I'm driving to Crested Butte on Friday for a week in the mountains.  Does anyone have some recommendations for breweries/bottle shops to hit up in Gunnison County?
I have a very sentimental attachment to High Alpine in Gunnison, but I think I can say relatively objectively that their kölsch is on point imo, and that their pizza is outstanding as well (I think I added other spots to the Surly Road Trip map and thread as well). That town is one of my favorite on Earth.

The High Mountain liquor store on N Main has a decent regional selection.

Don't know CB as well, but the Eldo is fine, and Secret Stash Pizza has a good tap list, good pizza, and an awesome Meat Candy appetizer.

Other Half is all I got, no idea how close or far it is.

It’s in Brooklyn. When I was there in December, i walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, had pizza at a place under it, took an Uber over to Other Half and picked up several cans to bring home (brew pub was too crowded that day and I was in a rush) and then walked a couple of blocks over to the nearby subway platform and took it back to our hotel near Times Square. That Brooklyn Bridge was was a highlight of the trip and, if you’re already over in Brooklyn, might as well visit...

7 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Holy shit - I was joking/making a callback with my earlier “trio of liens” reference and yet:

17c7a4cada32519823e85f19b1c76dd3.jpg

7 minutes ago, Okie State said:

"Additionally, Celis is facing a trio of liens filed earlier this year against the company for thousands of dollars in unpaid construction and electrical work."

Alright, which surlster writes for Brewbound?  @Bottlecap ?

A second auction for “all” of Celis’ equipment is slated for later that day at law firm Streusand, Landon, Ozburn & Lemmon LLP in order to “satisfy a lien held by Amplify Credit Union.”

I thought she had a group of investors but no, she went and got loans from credit unions.  I'm also assuming she maxed out her Bealls credit card buying her barware and home goods for the tap room.

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Half Acre, Revolution, Off Color, and Pipeworks in Chicago. Except they're mostly in BFE. Hopleaf, Publican, Map Room, and Haymarket for beer bars. 

Pipeworks is solid although I don't believe they have a taproom in their brewery.  The rest suck.  Better list: Mikerphone, Hubbard's Cave/Une Anee, More, and Marz.  

4 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Where in Austin should I go for my bday in August? I haven't been out to the new Live Oak location since they've moved. I've been to ABW, Hops and Grain, Jester King many times etc. 

I'm biased but I definitely think you should hit up Live Oak.  Other good places are Pinthouse Pizza, Austin Beer Garden Brewing, and Zilker. 

3 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

I've been to Pinthouse several times and ABGB. I haven't been to Zilker yet and it's really close to me. 

I like Zilker a lot, and the location is close to other cool bars and restaurants.  Of course if you live nearby then you already know that.  

Overall Live Oak is my favorite brewery in Austin by a large margin, but I'm a notorious lover of European beer styles and that's the main reason why.  Their outdoor biergarten space is great, but won't be particularly cool and welcoming in August, obviously. They do have a decent-sized indoor space for the taproom as well, though.

Just now, utee94 said:

I like Zilker a lot, and the location is close to other cool bars and restaurants.  Of course if you live nearby then you already know that.  

Overall Live Oak is my favorite brewery in Austin by a large margin, but I'm a notorious lover of European beer styles and that's the main reason why.  Their outdoor biergarten space is great, but won't be particularly cool and welcoming in August, obviously. They do have a decent-sized indoor space for the taproom as well, though.

I probably agree with you about Live Oak. For what they do, they do better than most German breweries. They have really perfected their beers and I lived in Germany on several different occasions and locales.