Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

12 hours ago, utee94 said:

Finally cool enough to drink Oktoberfest. So I guess now we'll see the winter seasonals on the shelf.

sheeeeeit. Brah.  It's cool enough to drink Oktoberfest in late July...

It's a harbinger of football season...and yes, cooler weather.

Question for the Houston hordes: Relatives from Katy are driving here (Atlanta) for Xmas.  What Houston beers should I request? Favorite styles are pretty traditional: amber/ESB/porter/stout.  I've had a few samples from Buffalo Bayou, St. Arnold's and whomever makes Oso Bueno.  Thanks.

37 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Question for the Houston hordes: Relatives from Katy are driving here (Atlanta) for Xmas.  What Houston beers should I request? Favorite styles are pretty traditional: amber/ESB/porter/stout.  I've had a few samples from Buffalo Bayou, St. Arnold's and whomever makes Oso Bueno.  Thanks.

Brash.  Based on your avatar; you’ll love it too.

Picked up my annual Beer Advent Calendar at costco this weekend.  I've bought this 4-5 years now.  The beers are pretty good, nothing outstanding but still good.  I usually get 3-4 of these and give them as presents.  (yes, they have the 2019, this is just a pic off google)

spacer.png

Uncle Billy's is moving and no longer going to brew beer. They'd actually improved significantly over the last two years with their new brewer. That's a pretty big legacy to leave behind too with some of the best brewers in austin having gone through that brewpub. They'll be doing canned cocktails out in Dripping Springs. I've had them before than they're trash. anyway, i heard through a brewer  (and looks like this rumor is already out there) that austin eastciders has acquired the space.

Edited by Bottlecap

There was never really anything I loved of theirs, no matter the time period.  I have a friend who insists on going there pretty regularly so believe me, I drank my share.  They had a couple of tolerable beers.  That's the most I can give them.

After the first few years of bad food, I just stopped ordering anything but the burger, which was at least edible.