Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Yes. Forgot that they made that.  Einstein's Pub in Katy always had it on tap and the lady would pour me those before I even ordered.  LOL.
I knew there was a 512 beer that I liked, but could not recall...

I’m trying to take you serious here iceman but how did you forget their best beer?

Yes. Forgot that they made that.  Einstein's Pub in Katy always had it on tap and the lady would pour me those before I even ordered.  LOL.
I knew there was a 512 beer that I liked, but could not recall...

I’m trying to take you serious here iceman but how did you forget their best beer?

5 minutes ago, deft said:

It’s been a while since I’ve had it. See also: so many different brewers/ beers out there.  When Utee mentioned it, I remembered it was my pour of choice when I went to Einstein’s.

It’s also a beer you don’t see all the time in H-town with the other local brewers often crowding them out.

Edited by Iceman

There are some Sam Adams beers I like, mostly their winter seasonals.   I like the Winter Lager, the Old Fezziweg, and the Holiday Porter.  I usually get a case of their winter variety pack for our annual Christmas party, to appease the masses.  Of course, the one thing that never gets consumed is that Chocolate Bock.  I swear I probably have about 14 of those sitting at the back of my beer fridge, from the last 4-5 years of Christmas parties.  

Central Machine Works is such an awesome place. It’s gigantic with multiple large seating areas and a huge backyard. Easily the nicest brewery in the city limits.

They only brewed one beer so far, a Pilsner which is great. The other beers are marked sold out but they admitted those aren’t ready yet. They have a half dozen guest taps and a full bar also. Tried two of the pizzas and they were really good. I never buy pitchers so I don’t know the going rate but we did pitchers since they only had the one beer on tap and it was $26 a pitcher. That seemed high but maybe that’s what they go for nowadays.

f2cb2181471140981a2a6207bcaa1287.jpg

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Central Machine Works is such an awesome place. It’s gigantic with multiple large seating areas and a huge backyard. Easily the nicest brewery in the city limits.

They only brewed one beer so far, a Pilsner which is great. The other beers are marked sold out but they admitted those aren’t ready yet. They have a half dozen guest taps and a full bar also. Tried two of the pizzas and they were really good. I never buy pitchers so I don’t know the going rate but we did pitchers since they only had the one beer on tap and it was $26 a pitcher. That seemed high but maybe that’s what they go for nowadays.

f2cb2181471140981a2a6207bcaa1287.jpg

Nah. They had em on, but apparently were short sighted in their sudden popularity.  Pils was good. Space is pretty incredible and best of all, super family friendly, right, surly dads/drunks? I'll go back, but I'm not drinking guest beers at a brewery so hopefully they get on that shit asap. That build out is gonna mean $26 pitchers.

Went to Central Machine Works today and Moontower Cider

central machine works - the most incredible build out of any new brewery ive been to. Seriously impressive, one of the best looking breweries in the state. As for the beer... i wouldnt know. They were out of their own brews. What kinda fucking brewery is out of their own beer?

bush league shit. Wont be back. Place is definitely more about the scene and less about the beer. Bespoke steampunk only takes u so far

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Went to Central Machine Works today and Moontower Cider

central machine works - the most incredible build out of any new brewery ive been to. Seriously impressive, one of the best looking breweries in the state. As for the beer... i wouldnt know. They were out of their own brews. What kinda fucking brewery is out of their own beer?

bush league shit. Wont be back. Place is definitely more about the scene and less about the beer. Bespoke steampunk only takes u so far

The kind that needs cash infusion ASAP.

But yeah, breweries get reputations good or bad pretty quickly nowadays that are hard to change if its a negative experience, so its prolly best to come outta the gate hot. There was little to no hype before they suddenly opened so they still have time to recover quickly.  They are both Oasis alums, so the beer will probably be good, but it's a coin flip if it will be consistent. That's the biggest knock on their old brewery IMO. 

My knock on Oasis was that it was also a cool, big venue right there on the lake but seemingly never had any variety in their taproom line up and seemed to only have the same core beers you can find anywhere. My biggest pet peeve of any brewery/taproom is when you go there and they have only the exact same beers that you can already pick up in stores. Have at least a few unique, small batch beers that you can’t get elsewhere.

Insufferable beer nerd problems....

15 minutes ago, mdleast said:

My knock on Oasis was that it was also a cool, big venue right there on the lake but seemingly never had any variety in their taproom line up and seemed to only have the same core beers you can find anywhere. My biggest pet peeve of any brewery/taproom is when you go there and they have only the exact same beers that you can already pick up in stores. Have at least a few unique, small batch beers that you can’t get elsewhere.

Insufferable beer nerd problems....

I don't really have any issues with that at all, as long as what beers they are producing and serving, are very good.  I don't need multiple varieties, I just need a core of good beers, in order to like a place.

That's not to say I don't appreciate finding something new or unique at the taproom only, but it's not a requirement.  My only requirement is that the beer be very, very good.  Or I'm not likely to come back.

However, I will say that serving only guest beers at your own brewery, is pretty messed up.  Sounds like someone forgot to make beer.  Breweries aren't supposed to forget to make beer.  That's kind of Step 1...