Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Constellation is selling Ballast Point to some private "brewer" in Chicago.  Guess they figured out that BP beer was shit and never worth the 1 billion they paid for it.

That sucking sound is all the PE money leaving craft brewing.  Not that is a bad thing.

That is some crazy shit.  Hard to believe another major wouldn’t want the BP brand for pennies on the dollar, 

Bourbon County is widely available now. I've had some in the past, but don't really care anymore. The best barrel aged stouts, imo, are made a mile from my house at American Solera. Even Marshall Brewing next door makes damn good barrel aged stouts, at least on par with inbev nonsense. I don't care to support inbev, especially now that the alternatives have caught up and in some cases are much better.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

Happiness is being in the Cen Tex and finding 2 cases of Primus.  I’ve said for a long time that this one beer I’d pay a shit-ton more for, but the same could be said of Live Oak’s Hefe.  They just make really awesome, honest, tasty beer.  They just don’t make it up to the Panhandle...

This stuff is so freaking good!

• Like 3

Talked with someone in the know about Central Machine Works. They didn't have permits in place yet when they opened so they were brewing their beer at Southern Heights. As a result they didn't have much available and were not expecting the turnout they saw.  They should be going full steam ahead soon.

A bit of a lulz I was told is that they came up with this bad ass logo with the silhouette of a nude women swinging a hammer at an anvil, ordered merch, painted it on the water tank outside, etc.  An old lady, who owns all of the land in that area, invested a big chunk of cash in the brewery and sits on the board.  She never showed up to anything ever. She walks in right at opening and complains she's gonna pull funding if they don't get rid of the logo since she found it offensive towards women. So, they had to paint over the water tower and trash a lot of merch.  It's still on a few things at the brewery so those things may be collector items one day.

Edited by CooterBrown