Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

4 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Ziegenbock. The most mirco of microbrew unicorns.

When did Copper Tank close, 04?
But one of the guys had already left for NxNW, is that right?

Spent at least 3 nights a week at the Coppertank...I miss $1 pint nights slurping Dow White Tail Pale Ale, the Brown Ale or Copper Stout.  Or when hammered, getting the “Big Party.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FigurelliPwC said:

Spent at least 3 nights a week at the Coppertank...I miss $1 pint nights slurping Dow White Tail Pale Ale, the Brown Ale or Copper Stout.  Or when hammered, getting the “Big Party.”

Yeah I drank a ton of the Big Dog Brown on $1 night. I miss that place.   

49 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Didn't it change names, and then change back?  Or was it just the once?  Been going there since my college days in the early 90s, and to this day, I still refer to it as Draught Horse or Draught House with pretty much equal regularity.

Goddamn... i was still in elementary school at that time

15 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Goddamn... i was still in elementary school at that time

You know, I normally defend you around here when you get crosswise with the rest of the local folk, but now it seems you're just desperate to be mean...

;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrownKing said:

Bells Hopslam is out, found some at my local HEB. Just a really great  DIPA.  

It was one of my gateways to hoppy beer, but it’s been really not that good IMO for 6-7 years.

I always buy a 6 pack out of a sense of loyalty to that initial memory, but I always come to the conclusion it wasn’t worth it.

I've tried and tried in an effort to open up those multiple offerings on the hoppy front.  If it's beyond a basic pale ale, you can forget it.  I understand how some people say cilantro tastes like soap to them.  The hoppy stuff tastes like pine sol smells to me, regardless of how badly i want to like it.

Oh well.  I love it that there are so many different varieties out there for different tastes.  I'll do my part to keep the reds, browns, porters, and stouts as viable styles.

My main gripe with Hopslam in recent years is the sweetness/maltiness of it.  I can't tell if the beer changed or if my taste buds did.  The first couple years I knew of it, it was the best IPA I could find, and we'd have to go to Minnesota to get it because they didn't distribute to Iowa in those days.

Had this on tap a few years ago at Hollingshead’s Deli in a big ol mug after having just had a big ol mug of Pliny. I was feeling pretty good and buzzed. A 12 oz bottle is probably the right serving as I remember thinking the big ol mug serving was a bit too much for it.

My main gripe with Hopslam in recent years is the sweetness/maltiness of it.  I can't tell if the beer changed or if my taste buds did.  The first couple years I knew of it, it was the best IPA I could find, and we'd have to go to Minnesota to get it because they didn't distribute to Iowa in those days.

I have had the same thoughts on it recently/questions as to my taste buds.

14 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I had several last Friday night and agree. They became available on Tuesday to buy in 4 packs at the brewery.

Yeah, i picked up one last night along with a couple four packs of their MRGA variants.  Too bad it's such a trek to get out there or I would probably be at that place multiple times a week.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Yeah, i picked up one last night along with a couple four packs of their MRGA variants.  Too bad it's such a trek to get out there or I would probably be at that place multiple times a week.

lol.. I lived in midtown for 10 years before venturing out to the burbs to raise the daughter out here in Atascocita. Let us have something!  I bounce back and forth between the brewery and the Hop Stop for good beer options.