Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Houston-area Surlyers (is that the preferred nomenclature?): are Parish beers more readily available in stores now? My wife will be in town briefly for business and hoping she can pick me up some as she’s driving back out of downtown and up 45. Not many places that convenient around where she will be downtown (and that original Specs always seems like a miss in the past). In particular, does anyone know if the Spring Market H-E-B on FM 2920 regularly has Parish? That seems to be the most convenient location on her route. TIA

On 9/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, mdleast said:

Houston-area Surlyers (is that the preferred nomenclature?): are Parish beers more readily available in stores now? My wife will be in town briefly for business and hoping she can pick me up some as she’s driving back out of downtown and up 45. Not many places that convenient around where she will be downtown (and that original Specs always seems like a miss in the past). In particular, does anyone know if the Spring Market H-E-B on FM 2920 regularly has Parish? That seems to be the most convenient location on her route. TIA

Can't speak to that particular HEB, but every HEB I frequent is always stocked with a variety of Parish. Not always Ghost, but usually. Even Kroger has it and Kroger is shitty.

• Like 1

Anybody enjoying any good Marzens now that the stores have told us that it's Fall?

Did a blind taste-test between the Karbach, Real Ale, Shiner, and then threw Spaten in the mix to represent the old guard.  Karbach was the hands-down winner do to the flavor and impressive balance.  Shiner came in last, which was really surprising.  Spaten came in third simply because it wasn't as balanced as the Real Ale, but I will always keep Spaten on-hand for those cold-weather patio days.

Don't even get me started on the continued abomination of Sam Adams.....