Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

If anyone wants any of these, PM me. Can IP in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, or Dallas

Martin House Erebus Scotch BA Stout with coffee - $6
Dark Horse BBA Plead the 5th 2014 -$12
Eureka Heights BA Moo Moo - $12
Parish Reve Coffee Stout - $5
Avery Tequilacerbus - $5 (2 available)
Avery Tectum Et Elix - $6
Avery Rufus Corvus - $9
Avery Fortuna - $6
Bruery BA Bois - $21
Goose Island 2016 BCBBW 16 oz - $12
Coast Brewing 2014 BBA Old Nuptial - $30
Meridian Hive BBA Bounty Mead 500ml - $17
Elgin Meadery BBA Intricatus - $11
Collective 2016 Cabernet Barrel Aged Oud Bruin 750ml - $18
Collective Boysenbarrel - $7
Prairie 2013 Bomb original release - $5 (7 available)
Founders 2018 Curmudgeons Better Half 12oz - $4
Founders 2014 KBS 12 oz - $7 (3 available)
Founders 2015 KBS 12oz - $7 (3 available)
Founders 2016 KBS 12 oz - $6 

On 1/30/2019 at 6:30 AM, HenryJames said:

They are a decent taproom away from making their current location successful and I think a move to the boonies would doom them. They need to copy ABW and the smaller guys in the are need to band together to (better) promote brewery crawls.

Ok then.

I’m not really even talking about tap room beers so much as packaged RTG beer from heb when it’s open. That’s a category that pinthouse can’t even compete in and zilker is hardly even present. And on that note, I’m pretty sure I’d take fire eagle over marco ipa on the reg. I’m an admitted abw homer. It’s fine and I accept that. I realize they’re not the best around and that’s cool too.

But hey, taste is all relative right. Let’s toast with the one you do like.

9 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

I heard that Adelbert's has limited time left

I used to go in there once a month and try anything new/interesting/good they had. After several months with nothing to keep me interested, I stopped going. There are so many breweries in the area now. I know we have all heard the stats that some low % of beer sold is craft and overall sales are up year after year, plenty of room for growth. It’s all true and craft will continue to grow, but I think we are at the point that we see some closures and not just an endless stream of new openings.

18 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Yep. I like Sputnik but don’t like anything else from there. I’ve tried plenty and have never wanted a second round of anything.

Pinthouse and Zilker are my go to’s.

Wife and I hit Zilker en route to the Alamo Bowl.  Very solid beer, and cool space.  If I was an Austinite it would definitely be in my regular rotation.

12 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wife and I hit Zilker en route to the Alamo Bowl.  Very solid beer, and cool space.  If I was an Austinite it would definitely be in my regular rotation.

It’s has made it into my rotation for sure. 4th Tap, adelberts, and circle have been dropped. Sucks because they are much closer to home.

Is there a hands down worst Texas brewery since Texas Big Beer closed a few years ago? There a few in Houston like Bakfish and Platypus that are on the wrong side of mediocre.

I still don’t think I’ve come across anything as consistently bad as TBB.
Legal Draft in Arlington is pretty lame and I've had enough bad stuff from there that I won't touch anything else from them.

32 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Is there a hands down worst Texas brewery since Texas Big Beer closed a few years ago? There a few in Houston like Bakfish and Platypus that are on the wrong side of mediocre. 

4th Tap?

37 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Is Strange Land still in business? If so, I'll go with them.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 12:29 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Florida brewery figures out way to make six-pack rings out of turtle food instead of out of the plastic that strangles the turtles. I love this stuff.

https://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2018/05/six-pack_rings_that_feed_sea_t.html?fbclid=IwAR0nBtJFoIbK_oNr8iFqvxAkV_pkhn0EnqHNvepYw1H3z28UrnhuXuujn3I

Cool concept but their beer is awful 

17 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Had a Hopslam at lunch.  This beer has been “meh” for me for at least 5 years.  So glad I didn’t pull the trigger on a $20 6 pack yesterday.

Hopslam has evolved into the "McRib of IPAs". Used to be a solid beer back in the day