Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Tried out Whitestone in cedar park for the first time today. The standard offerings are decent and the taproom is worth a visit if you are out that way. Nothing worth a special trip though. I did like the melted snowman winter ale more that the online reviews give it credit for. They have some at the brewery that is bourbon barrel aged. Only really mentioning it because I know we have quite a few north Austin/norther burbs folk on here.

9 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Tried out Whitestone in cedar park for the first time today. The standard offerings are decent and the taproom is worth a visit if you are out that way. Nothing worth a special trip though. I did like the melted snowman winter ale more that the online reviews give it credit for. They have some at the brewery that is bourbon barrel aged. Only really mentioning it because I know we have quite a few north Austin/norther burbs folk on here.

I've liked pretty much everything I've tried at Whitestone, but haven't loved anything.  Still, it's a good option for local craft beer in the CP.  They also have some interesting live music on many weekends.  My friend's 80s hair metal cover band plays out there about once per month.

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

For being two of my favorite breweries in town, SH being top class bitter beer knowers, and Zilker riding high off of 3rd Space NEIPA, i thought FWB 1 was kinda average. Someone tell me I need to spend the money on this new version ASAP.

I thought it was meh as well.

21 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Not that it really affects Texas, but Bridgeport Brewing in Portland announced it is shutting down today. Oldest brewery in Portland and founded in 1984. 

BridgePort had seen slumping sales since their peak in 2011. By 2017, BridgePort fell from the state’s fifth largest brewery by volume, to the twenty-fourth largest brewery.

Bridgeport was so cool back in the aughts.  Lots of old memories of hanging with friends at the brick stack brewery enjoying Bridgeport IPA and pizza.  That was also when the Pearl District was still cobble roads, machinist operations, and dog chow warehouses.  And it's been about that long since I last had a Bridgeport brew.  The land alone that the brewery is sitting on - smack in the middle of new gleaming high rise living - is worth a serious chunk of change today.  Good timing to sell right now.