What's your game plan tonight,you olds?

MNLonghornFUKM

Getting dragged to a small get together. Wife is super excited about the bacon wrapped asparagus and spinach dip she's bringing. I'm looking forward having some good scotch, the husband always has good stuff. They'll want to play cards against humanity even though we all have the whole game memorized. It'll be fine but best of all they live 5 min away.

Pizza and a movie. We'll watch the NY ball drop and have some wine. Wait around till midnight to hear the gunfire errr fireworks around our East Dallas neighborhood. Always fun. 

We used to hang out with our neighbors before they moved to McKinney. We went to their place for a few years but it involves having to stay the night up there because I'd rather not play Russian roulette with drunk suburban drivers on my drive back home. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Going through a miserable/lonely time.  GF and I broke up, no plans; just going to hang with the dogs.  This might be the most awful NYE of my 52 year existence.  

"This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this." - Bluto the Wise

Going through a miserable/lonely time.  GF and I broke up, no plans; just going to hang with the dogs.  This might be the most awful NYE of my 52 year existence.  
But, Horns on tomorrow, along w/ a chili cookoff, so not a total shitfest!

Dogs are awesome and certainly better than any person I know, especially me. Cherish that companionship.

1 hour ago, NateHitch said:

Getting dragged to a small get together. Wife is super excited about the bacon wrapped asparagus and spinach dip she's bringing. I'm looking forward having some good scotch, the husband always has good stuff. They'll want to play cards against humanity even though we all have the whole game memorized. It'll be fine but best of all they live 5 min away.

Perhaps you'll finally have time to post the exciting conclusion of your efforts to troll your son with his Christmas presents. 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

But, Horns on tomorrow, along w/ a chili cookoff, so not a total shitfest!

same, but 2nd NYE in a row without her and I can't stop thinking about her. I'm so tired of this shit

Wife and I will watch aggy rollercoaster unfold live on tv, grilled salmon & brussel sprouts, pop the champagne cork at 9:00 pm or so (bottle has been in the fridge for two years), go to bed so I can get up in the am and get a New Years Day bicycle ride in. 

Sorry to bore you with my dull evening. 

8 minutes ago, lubbockhorn88 said:

same, but 2nd NYE in a row without her and I can't stop thinking about her. I'm so tired of this shit

Hang in there buddy. You in Austin? Come drink with me. Or come eat smoked beef tenderloin tomorrow and watch the horns destroy the dawgs.... Either way, if you need anything, still have the same 806 phone number.

• Like 1

Tamales & pinto beans (my wife's fabulous, spicy take on black eyed peas) for dinner. Sipping some Bushmills & listening to the idiots firing off mortar shells throughout the neighborhoods followed by dogs howling in the distance. Our german shepherd is upstairs cowering. The older I get, the more I hate fireworks.