Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

A part of me thinks this is good for the nation.  It’s airing a lot of grotesque shit that far too many Republicans believe. And it’s good for the younger crowd to see it being openly displayed.  It should also motivate a lot of people to vote.  

And the pessimist in me says it's bad for the nation, because young people can see the President acting like this publicly and believe it's perfectly fine to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

A part of me thinks this is good for the nation.  It’s airing a lot of grotesque shit that far too many Republicans believe. And it’s good for the younger crowd to see it being openly displayed.  It should also motivate a lot of people to vote.  

I’ve been on the “whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger” line of thinking with Trump.  However, this process is going to take a generation before we come out stronger.  We can’t look at Trump as an anomaly that will go away the next election cycle if he’s defeated.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I tend to agree. Finally strip the veneer of American exceptionalism and have a populace more involved in governance. The only way we start tearing down the rot within our culture and government. 

When donut-fetching Republican half-wits claim that they have no responsibility for the things Trump does, just remember how emboldened he is to do everything he does by their support:

Trump is, of course, lying about his rating and that of previous Republican presidents, but he's still consistently in the high 80s among Republicans, and it makes him feel secure that he can get away with what he's doing. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And the pessimist in me says it's bad for the nation, because young people can see the President acting like this publicly and believe it's perfectly fine to do so.

This is why parents and teachers need to loudly and consistently emphasize that this behavior is NOT normal or acceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

When donut-fetching Republican half-wits claim that they have no responsibility for the things Trump does, just remember how emboldened he is to do everything he does by their support:

Trump is, of course, lying about his rating and that of previous Republican presidents, but he's still consistently in the high 80s among Republicans, and it makes him feel secure that he can get away with what he's doing. 

With that kind of party support, he can get away with it as long as he is the president.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is why parents and teachers need to loudly and consistently emphasize that this behavior is NOT normal or acceptable.

I concur, but I should have used young "adults" as well.  They aren't going to listen to any teacher or parent, and this is the new normal for them.  Maybe they held these beliefs privately in the past, but now, they have no fear of holding back (other than employment, the legal system, possible ostracization from society, etc).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is nuts...

It's not nuts.

It's racism. It should be called racism and anyone who supports this president should be called what they are: racists.

Donald Trump gives white America permission to be white supremacists. The left should never stop calling him and his supporters what they are.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Teachers are employees of the state.  We will get fired as soon as one dotard supporting parent learns that any teacher says a negative word about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Teachers are employees of the state.  We will get fired as soon as one dotard supporting parent learns that any teacher says a negative word about him.

That's essentially why my friend and fellow UT alum got out of teaching. Some ag parent saw his FB post denigrating the God Emperor, tempers flared, got reported to the powers that be who were trying to coerce him to quit. He held on to his job but eventually decided the dealing with the Harper Valley PTA wasn't worth it and left the profession.

And his followers won't care. 
His followers will actively celebrate. "She/they had it coming." I know far too many relatives & friends who are heavy on the "spiritual warrior " crusade these days. To them, those liberal women of color are demons placed on earth to allow satan to take root. Do you think people with that mindset are satisfied with a mere victory at the ballot box?

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm to the point there's no fucking involved between them, hate or not.  At this stage, their marriage has to be a business relationship at best.

For George’s sake I certainly hope so. If I had to come home and fuck that hag I’d probably shoot myself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

tiger droppings, with a layout from 1997, is such a backwardass place with stoneage posters. It's Cajun Texags.  Ultra right wing conservatism will never die as long as we have redneck culture, which is the defining characteristic of the American public.