Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

People need to be informed that it is happening.  They need to be smart enough to realize what is fake news and what isn't.

I almost typed that with a straight face.

I don't disagree. But Russia should not be a focal point when assigning blame to what has happened to this country.  This is our mess. Deflecting blame in any way is counterproductive. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It wasn’t trump’s strategy.  It was the GOP’s strategy.  They’re the cold blooded mercenary professionals at this shit.  Don’t ever forget the people that built the indestructible GOP machine since Nixon are all still there standing right next to Trump protecting him.

You have been constantly posting about Russia ever since Trump took office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, retread said:

We don't know to what degree Russia interfered

We have some idea. We know they were behind the ENTIRE Wikileaks operation which hijacked both campaigns and all of our media throughout the ENTIRE general election process and that is just ONE vector.   And when I say hijacked all of our media I’m talking all of MSM, social media, and even borderline media forums such as this one.   Every time a pundit, Facebook friend, or message board poster talked about those emails during the election process .. it was Russia attacking our election process.  We now know this. That is a huge fucking deal and again, it was only one of the multiple parts of the attack. 

triplehorn recently posted stories about other countries (such as Israel) having the capability to hack into elections without being noticed. Not saying that Israel would do it, but the fact that the technology and know-how is out there to hack into voting/registration machines.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Russians hacked election results is my guess.

74,000 votes manipulated in 20 to 25 key counties is easy to hide 

I don't think they hacked the results, but I DO think that all of those rampant voter registration purges that led to provisional ballots being cast (which are almost NEVER counted, because fuck democracy) which contributed to the 74,000 critical votes.

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL. You claim focusing on Russia is the GOP's strategy and you admit to falling for it. Congrats, I guess. 

I claimed focusing on the collusion was the GOP strategy.  Dude, hit rewind on what happened during the Russia investigations.  “No collusion” was THE Republican talking point throughout the process.  They established “collusion” as THE Russia narrative.  They didn’t say “no conspiracy” for a reason.  The Republicans said “collusion” because they could define collusion as whatever the fuck they say it is, facts be damned.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't want to listen to him talk.  Can someone paraphrase?  Cliff's Notes?

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh well," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in oh tender woman (come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake (come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in tender woman," sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a curvature of silk
And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taking in had been revived
"Take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)

Now she clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
Now she stroked his pretty skin again and then kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite (oh...)
"Take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)

"I saved you," cried that woman
"And you've bit me even, why?
And you know your bite is poisonous and now I'm gonna die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you brought me in
"Please take me in, oh tender woman (come on in)
Sighed the snake
"Take me in, tender woman"
Sighed the snake, sighed the snake
"Take me in, tender woman"
Sighed the snake

https://genius.com/Al-wilson-the-snake-lyrics

Pretty disgusting to use that poem as a metaphor for human beings fleeing poverty and violence. Humans wanting to come contribute to our country.

Edited by retread

clyde-beatty-lion-tamer.jpg

I read years ago that the reason a lion tamer uses a chair has nothing to do with any misplaced belief that the lion could be fended off. The chair is used because the four legs confound the lion who wants to focus on only a single item.

The multiplicity of issues works similarly for Trump and his apologists. We want to prove he's a racist or that the Russians definitively impacted the election. These issue favor Trump because there is no definitive, obvious proof of either.

The lion needs to slap those issues aside and assail him on hard issues about which there is no question.

Beto perfectly struck at Trump's part in the racially motivated El Paso attack. He spoke of Trump's provable actions: the way he describes Mexicans: his treatment of them as less than human; and his laughing when the notion of shooting Mexicans was raised at a rally. Beto knows that you don't need to assert a conclusion that Trump is racist. The actions speak for themselves that Trump is a vile man whose words have consequences for people of color. 

We can see that. Focus on similar issues one at a time.

Slap Trump around on the deficit.

Slap Trump around on the benefits his family are getting from foreign governments.

Show Trump cozying up to tyrants and ruining relations with democratic allies.

The Kashoggi murder.

All of these are hard attacks that involve no debate.

Also, keep up the Moscow Mitch campaign. Scorn and laughter will break that turtle. I hope painfully.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Screwing up the names of cities where massacres took place to own the libs! 

Didn't he do the same thing with the Cali wildfires? Paradise, CA was called Pleasure, IIRC.

He doesn't give enough of a shit to get it right. 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ah.  Yeah, I didn't even make the connection to immigration immediately.  The whole time reading it I was thinking it was about the dotard, which it actually is.

Yep. Unfortunately, it also works for foreign actors working through our treasonous president.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We can see that. Focus on similar issues one at a time.

The Ds need to print 5-10 obvious facts out on posterboard and go before the media every day with a unified message. So far they're not up to doing something like that.

DOTUS benefits greatly from the chaos, and he keeps slinging shit on the wall.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, retread said:

The Ds need to print 5-10 obvious facts out on posterboard and go before the media every day with a unified message. So far they're not up to doing something like that.

DOTUS benefits greatly from the chaos, and he keeps slinging shit on the wall.

This is exactly right.  Probably best to cut it down to 5 or less.  And focus more on the GOP than Trump. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

36 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We should be actively working to stop Russian interference. Strategically, it's a mistake to amplify and put any focus on Russia when talking to American voters. 

Informing the public as much as possible about the 2016 Russian interference is THE BEST WAY to strategically defend against future Russian interference.  Why do you think all the credible non-partisan people assigned to defend us from this stuff are screaming their heads off in public?   Comey and Mueller have been ringing these alarm bells for years to the public with countless documents and testimony supporting it.   This despite the President denying it’s even a thing. 

The 2016 interference would not have been effective if the voting public was fully aware of the role Russia was playing at the time. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, everyone ignores turnout.

If he gets 90% of the 40%, because cultists have fucking enthusiasm, and the remaining 60% turn out at our usual pathetic 55% or so, we lose.

The counterargument to that is "2018 midterms".

Don't give me the laundry list of reasons why midterms, or specifically those midterms, don't translate.  The fact is that we really aren't all that good at predicting what will happen in an election.  The only headwind I'll readily acknowledge is 2020 Russian vote influence & manipulation.  It could easily be enough (again).

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is exactly right.  Probably best to cut it down to 5 or less.  

^ Yep. We're just not seeing it tho. Maybe there's just too much information out there? Too much noise. People are too busy.

It just seems like there are ways for the D caucus to send out a very focused message every day. Press conferences, tweets, appearances on MSM/CNN/MSNBC, etc.

Informing the public as much as possible about the 2016 Russian interference is THE BEST WAY to strategically defend against future Russian interference.  Why do you think all the credible non-partisan people assigned to defend us from this stuff are screaming their heads off in public?   Comey and Mueller have been ringing these alarm bells for years to the public with countless documents and testimony supporting it.   This despite the President denying it’s even a thing. 

The 2016 interference would not have been effective if the voting public was fully aware of the role Russia was playing at the time. 

As if eliminating Russian interference fixes anything substantive in this country. Did Russia get Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham elected? Did they cause mass shootings? Are they the reason for the vast corruption in government and corporations? 

America was already weak when Russia decided to pounce. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, retread said:

^ Yep. We're just not seeing it tho. Maybe there's just too much information out there? Too much noise. People are too busy.

It just seems like there are ways for the D caucus to send out a very focused message every day. Press conferences, tweets, appearances on MSM/CNN/MSNBC, etc.

The media has been searching for a "gotcha" moment that will take down Trump. It doesn't exist. His supporters know he is piece of shit. MSM is looking for a one punch knockout when we should be body blowing him to death with controlled, simple attacks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

As if eliminating Russian interference fixes anything substantive in this country. Did Russia get Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham elected? Did they cause mass shootings? Are they the reason for the vast corruption in government and corporations? 

America was already weak when Russia decided to pounce. 

You just proved my point.  By exposing the effectiveness of the 2016 Russian interference it also exposes the vulnerabilities in our society that Russia exploited with the interference, ongoing active measures, and disinformation campaigns.  

Russia attacked us successfully because we are WEAK.  The solution?  DON’T BE WEAK.  

How to not be weak?  First we have to acknowledge our own weaknesses.  Exposing the effectiveness of the Russian manipulations really shines the spotlight on our weaknesses.  Now we can work on being stronger. 

Do you see the value in that? 

• Like 1

You just proved my point.  By exposing the effectiveness of the 2016 Russian interference it also exposes the vulnerabilities in our society that Russia exploited with the interference, ongoing active measures, and disinformation campaigns.  

Russia attacked us successfully because we are WEAK.  The solution?  DON’T BE WEAK.  

How to not be weak?  First we have to acknowledge our own weaknesses.  Exposing the effectiveness of the Russian manipulations really shines the spotlight on our weaknesses.  Now we can work on being stronger. 

Do you see the value in that? 

It's more important to focus on why we are weak then the foreign actor that took advantage of it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The lesson of Trump’s poem/parable (don’t help people different from you) is fully, squarely, 100% the opposite of the tale of the Good Samaritan... a parable which Jesus told in response to the question, “What must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Draw your own conclusions.   

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Because they would be sued and probably lose. Then it opens the door to every other piece of shit they've banned to get back in. 

Not a lawyer, but why do you think they would lose?  They are a private company, so not beholden to the 1st, and surely he's broken their terms of service agreement numerous times.

Not arguing, just asking.

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not a lawyer, but why do you think they would lose?  They are a private company, so not beholden to the 1st, and surely he's broken their terms of service agreement numerous times.

Not arguing, just asking.

Just a hunch. Basing it on the fact that Trump has been successfully sued for blocking people on Twitter. Twitter is now a record of his official statements as president. Plus, Jack doesn't have the balls to block him. 

22 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's more important to focus on why we are weak then the foreign actor that took advantage of it. 

Also, you’re missing the forest for the trees a bit here because if our elected leaders are decided by Vladimir Putin guess whose freedoms are about to be taken away?  Ours. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also, you’re missing the forest for the trees a bit here because if our elected leaders are decided by Vladimir Putin guess who’s freedoms are about to be taken away?  Ours. 

Our elected leaders are dictated by gerrymandering and voter suppression which were actions implemented by American politicians. 

I'll go back to not commenting on all of your Russia/Putin shit. Good fucking grief. 

• Like 1