Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny story.  A friend of a friend married Bill Millers granddaughter (or daughter, I think granddaughter)  Anyhow, awhile back I received a text from my friend with a screenshot of Fox News. “Any of you slapdicks advising the president on Immigration today?”      Buddy of my buddy was standing there behind Trump while he was signing some shit. When I say this dude has literally 0 qualification for advising immigration policy, I’m not exaggerating.  Business stuff, maybe.  Immigration. Fucking LOL. Insane times indeed. 

Eta: just saw the list.  Oof.  The Becks are personal friends, they are good people and Gus III is a horn.  Don’t ever really bring up politics but I’m going to assume they are in the “we were swindled and are now embarrassed crowd”.  IE: Gary Johnson voters. 

Well, then they should come right out and say as much. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

So much for Monday's unity message. And I thought he'd had a change of heart. 

more people need to start mocking the newscasters for stupid questions.

Cuomo : "But what will you do if President Trump tomorrow admits he has been wrong and commits to healing the nation?"

Anyone: "I'll ride my unicorn over the rainbow and hop off, tussle his thick luscious hair, hug it out, and talk about the finer points of trade policy."

I’ve been in San Antonio for eight years now, and I think Bill Miller’s is way way way overrated. Haven’t had their breakfast tacos though. Looks like I won’t be.

Bill Miller’s not even rated. But best drive thru bbq chain (the only drive thru bbq chain).

Was talking to my mom who was bitching and moaning about Trump who told me that if she was the editor of the NYT she would just pull everyone together and tell them she wasn't going to print any damn story about Trump for a week.

People have to selectively ignore the fool and his tweets.  If he appoints someone, that's newsworthy, but fuck him in regard to whatever bullshit comes out of his pie hole.

If everyone just read their local paper and ignored all the other bullshit out there we'd all be a lot more focused on helping to drive out the state and congressional folks who aren't doing shit and we'd be able to be more persuasive as to why Trump sucks when we talk to our less educated friends/relatives about him.

Just now, Jograves said:

He's above the fray, guys.

That is a big problem right now. The Trump admin is at war politically. Everything they do is through the lens of what is best politically, not what is best for the country. And to win politically, they pander to their base, which is now a strong contingent of racist and/or big business. We are on a razors edge and I do not see any reason this admin will change their philosophy to focusing on what is best for the country. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I fear that the upcoming protests will create clashes in these two cities today. Especially in El Paso. This will get more and more regular when he goes full force on the campaign trail around the country. 

Hold onto your butts

2 minutes ago, retread said:

What does supremacy have to do w/ antifa?

You know what? If believing that liberal representative democracy is a superior form of government than fascism, then I guess I’m a supremacist? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's public information. Everybody needs to establish where they stand in this shit show. Fuck being polite. The other side isn't concerned about it. 

This is just revealing names. Nobody is getting killed or anything.

Agree with all of this.  I was aware of OpenSecrets.org and figured that it was there because the FEC database was difficult to use.  To my surprise, the FEC page is pretty darn user-friendly.  For example, it's really easy to get the list of Texas residents that have made a contribution $2000 or more (651 contributions in total) to Trump over the last couple of years:

Texas residents donating $2000+ to Trump

Of course, it's just a matter of time now before the Rs try to shut this down because the money might just start to dry up if Castro's approach starts to catch on.

7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

What does supremacy have to do w/ antifa?

You know what? If believing that liberal representative democracy is a superior form of government than fascism, then I guess I’m a supremacist? 

In case you haven't noticed yet, Trump echoes the white nationalist talking points including in this tweet.  The false equivalency, misdirection, and whataboutism is a shield for the white supremacists.   "How can we advance our ethno-fascist agenda when the left is so intolerant of our ethno-fascist agenda."

5 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Agree with all of this.  I was aware of OpenSecrets.org and figured that it was there because the FEC database was difficult to use.  To my surprise, the FEC page is pretty darn user-friendly.  For example, it's really easy to get the list of Texas residents that have made a contribution $2000 or more (651 contributions in total) to Trump over the last couple of years:

Texas residents donating $2000+ to Trump

Of course, it's just a matter of time now before the Rs try to shut this down because the money might just start to dry up if Castro's approach starts to catch on.

Yeah, that's something I don't get about the criticism of Castro "doxxing" these donors, and "exposing them to violence."

He literally just copied and pasted a public record of the exact information.  Nobody was "doxxed," or "exposed."  It's public information, recorded by law, for the EXACT purpose of we the people being able to know who is donating how much to which candidate.

Yet another example of "conservatives" being AGAINST the rule of law.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Let's not forget the OVER TWO THOUSAND ads his campaign has run on Facebook using "invasion" language.

President Trump’s campaign has placed thousands of advertisements on Facebook since January warning of an “invasion” at the U.S. southern border, according to a review of Facebook’s ad archives by The Hill. 

The advertisements, more than 2,000 of which were posted between January and May, are now inactive. But they show how the president’s campaign has seized on language that critics say is racist and xenophobic to drum up political support. 

“The crisis at the Southern Border is even worse than most understand,” one ad, first posted in January, reads. “I have taken MULTIPLE trips to the border to show the true invasion happening but the Democrats and the Fake News Media just won’t listen.”

Trump is a piece of shit white supremacist, and if you support him, you support white supremacy that inevitably results in the slaughter of minorities. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, that's something I don't get about the criticism of Castro "doxxing" these donors, and "exposing them to violence."

He literally just copied and pasted a public record of the exact information.  Nobody was "doxxed," or "exposed."  It's public information, recorded by law, for the EXACT purpose of we the people being able to know who is donating how much to which candidate.

no one is saying the information is confidential.  pointing fingers at people so your followers will know who they are supposed to shun is the issue.

Why should these people care about being doxxed? Shouldn't they feel proud of their donations and standing up for what they believe in? 

Unless they're worried about what the market will do to them once they've been 'outed' as a Trump support, but why would that be the case if he only wins and does great things?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, retread said:

Why didn't they recognize this as a news story prior to the El Paso massacre? Why hesitate to report unsavory news? Why stick to the lazy templates?

They're not enemies of the state, but they're lax in doing their duty to the state.

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

no one is saying the information is confidential.  pointing fingers at people so your followers will know who they are supposed to shun is the issue.

How is that an issue?

If I go pick up an order of fries, I like knowing whether some of my $1.79 is going to support someone who fans the flames of violence against my family.  And knowing that, I choose to spend my $1.79 elsewhere, because I DON'T WANT TO FUND MY OWN FUCKING MURDER.  I know, how silly of me.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

So an article about in the NYT about Sheldon Adelson donating millions to Trump/the GOP is also doxxing and harassment because it names him?

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Castro needs to explain the President has weaponized the first amendment against minorities and people are dying because of it.  The only civil and democratic way to protect minorities and other vulnerable populations from more violence is to publicly confront those among us supporting Trump and cut off his support by naming and shaming them.   If they want to avoid getting harassed perhaps they should rethink their investments before more blood is on their hands.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Beto’s response -

I hope there’s a huge crowd that protests his visit tomorrow.

See, this is why I could never be in politics.  I could never respond to this the way Beto did.  My initial reaction would just be a big FUCK YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.  That doesn't go over well, so I'm told.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

If I believed this was an incitement to violence, I would agree with you. I don't think these people should be harassed in cafes or be mobbed on the street. I don't believe they will be.

If these persons became the objects of the kind of smears aimed at George Soros, I'd be uncomfortable with that.

But these times are different. The conflict is much more defined than the usual politics. I'd be fine with someone publishing my contribution to a Dem. Let these business owners experience the benefits and detriments of their public choices.

If I hear that a business harasses black people or whose owner hates American institutions, no money from me. Donating to Trump supports those dark causes and more.

Poor millionaires if they lose income for their treachery.

• Like 1