Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is there some kinda fucked-up deepweb version of LinkedIn where he's finding these people to fill these posts?  I mean, he was a connected guy in Manhattan, but you really have to delve into the deepest, strangest parts of our entire judicial system (federal plus each of the 50 states) to find some of this fucking miscreants.  But they just keep coming out of the woodwork to fill important roles.  What fucked up search firm is behind this shit?  

The Federalist Society.  15 years ago they were laughed at by almost everyone for being lunatic fringe righties.  Now they're main stream Republicans.  

As I understand it, Mr. President.  When there's a three sided war, and none of the three sides share coordinates with any of the other sides, or anyone else for that matter.  Shit happens.  Way to go all-star.  I can only assume this is the first fake medal you're gonna give yourself to wear on your lapel.  

I know what fratricide is, but what it's called when you did it out of willful ignorance?  Dotuscide?  

Edited by Lobo

Look, American troops die - it's a thing that happens.

The IMPORTANT thing is that this will give their grieving families the opportunity to meet Trump at Dover, when the shattered bodies of their loved ones killed by Turkish airstrikes arrive in a metal box, and even MORE importantly, they'll be able to tell him what a great job he's doing, and how much they support him.  Keep your eyes on what's important, folks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The IMPORTANT thing is that this will give their grieving families the opportunity to meet Trump at Dover, when the shattered bodies of their loved ones killed by Turkish airstrikes arrive in a metal box, and even MORE importantly, they'll be able to tell him what a great job he's doing, and how much they support him.  Keep your eyes on what's important, folks.

Um, I think you're forgetting that they will also get a lovely letter, written by a staffer, but one which he'll burden himself to sign multiple copies of so several people can enjoy it at once.

51 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is there some kinda fucked-up deepweb version of LinkedIn where he's finding these people to fill these posts?  I mean, he was a connected guy in Manhattan, but you really have to delve into the deepest, strangest parts of our entire judicial system (federal plus each of the 50 states) to find some of this fucking miscreants.  But they just keep coming out of the woodwork to fill important roles.  What fucked up search firm is behind this shit?  

Stephen Miller

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s terrifying. I’d rather see the courts shamed than that kind of overreach.

It's not overreach.  We add court seats all the time.  And the Western District has needed new district judges for a long time.  You can go on the federal judiciary's website to see the docket statistics.  Or you can just listen to the federal-court practitioners in this district, who will all tell you that the courts are overburdened.

I'm saying that we kill two birds with one stone.

And that doesn't get to my plan for SCOTUS.  Today, the Supreme Court doesn't work very hard.  Every year, they take just 60-65 cases.  That's down from around 200-250 that the Court heard just 40 years ago.

And that's a problem.  There are circuit splits out there that are going unresolved.  Major questions that are important to the jurisprudence of the United States are going unresolved.  That means that the law is less uniform and less predictable.  And that's bad for business.

To resolve that, I suggest that we make the Supreme Court operate like the circuit courts of appeals.  A case should be heard by a three-justice panel.  And in rare cases, a decision of the panel may be heard en banc.

But we're going to want more than three panels working at a given time.  We're probably going to want 5 or 6 operating to address all of the issues that are rightly brought to the Court in our highly regulated and legalistic society.  So that would mean that we're going to need between 6 and 9 new justices.

• Like 7

Risch has a key position on Capitol Hill as the chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. But the reliable Trump ally abruptly ended a Boise State Public Radio interview when asked about controversies swirling around the president.

“I’m not going there. If you want to have an interview with me about the business center, please do so,” Risch said, before turning and walking away.

“Don’t do that again,”

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/post/idaho-sen-jim-risch-refuses-talk-about-president-trump

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Risch has a key position on Capitol Hill as the chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. But the reliable Trump ally abruptly ended a Boise State Public Radio interview when asked about controversies swirling around the president.

“I’m not going there. If you want to have an interview with me about the business center, please do so,” Risch said, before turning and walking away.

“Don’t do that again,”

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/post/idaho-sen-jim-risch-refuses-talk-about-president-trump

"I'm not going to be bothered by questions about a specific area of government that I've been elected to govern.  I owe you nothing but talking about things I find comfortable.  Don't do that again, people of Idaho.  That's a directive.  I'm in charge of you.  You elected me and I'm the authority now and I shall scold you for inquiring about the most fundamental aspects of my responsibilities to a constituency.  If you want answers about your government then I suggest you write to your Senator.  Another Senator.  Not me, though.  Fuck off."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I wonder if this is a function of Shep growing a spine and getting away from that cesspool or Fox News kowtowing to King Trump's demands. 

Fox News rain polls this week showing that a Trump is way behind the Dem candidates, and that a majority favor impeachment.  They are all over the place.  

He's talking to reporters with the Chinese delegation and is trying not to answer Biden questions and said he will talk to reporters on the way out to the helicopter. So he's been busy with China, but should be fun to hear him after he realized what has happened.

A pithy takedown of Rao:

Rao-dy

Carriere in comments:

I read Rao’s dissent this morning. It was incomprehensible, shockingly results-oriented, and an obvious attempt by her to jump the queue for the next SCOTUS vacancy. It made me absolutely furious to think that I chose law as my career when this absolute fourth-rate hack, this charlatan, this person who should bury her face in shame, has ascended the legal summit and will be fawned over as a federal judge, called “your Honor,” for the rest of her life. Elite law students will jump at the chance to clerk for her and will then pollinate her insidious views throughout the rest of the judiciary when they inevitably are made judges at the age of 29 by the next Republican administration. Normal, non-MAGA lawyers will scrape and bow to sit next to her at cocktail parties and she’ll be feted as some semi-divine figure when the only kind of work she is capable of putting out is this historically and constitutionally illiterate hogwash.

It was also a reminder that asymmetrical polarization is happening all over the political spectrum. I clerked for a “liberal” judge back in the day. If a Democratic administration made the arguments the Trump administration made to my judge, the lawyers would have been laughed out of Court. If the entire Circuit sat en banc, the position wouldn’t have gotten one single vote. But because the fucking Trump administration said it, every single Thomas and O’Kavanaugh and Alito clerk will dutifully enshrine it into the FedSoc constitution–apparently the only constitution that matters anymore. The only thing that separates these partisans in robes from the true believers in that proverbial diner is a slightly fancier vocabulary and an ability to cloak their racism in screeds about the VRA. At the bottom, the likes of Rao and Kavanaugh and all the rest hate us, hate us, and will twist any opinion or invent any doctrine to make us suffer.

Trump corrupts everything he touches, but that is only because everyone and everything in those circles is so eager to be corrupted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Make America Grieve Again.

54 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I can only assume this is being done on purpose, and someone can't be this stupid? I'm probably wrong based on this administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-accidentally-sends-ukraine-talking-points-to-democrats-again/ar-AAIE5lp?ocid=spartanntp

Starting to wonder if this wasn’t an accident. 

TRUMP: "Are you ready? Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing. That is a first. Saudi Arabia, and other countries soon now, but Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing to help them and we appreciate that."

In related news...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-to-deploy-around-2-000-additional-troops-to-saudi-arabia-11570809038?mod=hp_lead_pos4

WASHINGTON—The U.S. military is deploying 2,000 additional troops, three new antimissile systems, two squadrons of jet fighters and other equipment to Saudi Arabia in an accelerating U.S. buildup meant to counter Iranian hostilities in the region, U.S. defense and military officials said Friday.

• Like 3

"that was a rally like few other rallies.  record setting rally.  the #1 selling t-shirt is "where's hunter", i came up with that one last night."

nothing like getting in front of a mostly full arena and calling the former vp's son a loser.  i can't imagine the "winners" that are walking around wearing "where's hunter" t-shirts.  that's probable cause for a neck-punch.

27 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yay, we've finally ascended to mercenary status.

Well, it's the descent into shamelessness and indignity that really does it.

Look, every nation is willing to use its military might for favorable outcomes.  It's like being a married woman.  She's not a prostitute.  But she is smart and sophisticated enough to know that selective and appropriate use of her powers of affection will get her the vacation/car/blessing to go on a girl's weekend/etc. that she wants.  It's not purely transactional, it's how human relationships work.

But now, we're just walking out into the wide world and saying "I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars"

2hf1a9.jpg

We went from being a sophisticated woman of grace and power to a poolside whore.  Just grand.

• Like 7