Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

No, Trump isn't having any negative affect on America. Yea this is probably a minority of people but it shouldn't exist at all. Comments are scary. 

You have to capture their hearts and minds when they're young.

hj-prelude-jungvolk-bikes.jpg

Paying $14,000 to get heckled and booed to own the libs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rnc-pays-face-value-for-trump-partys-luxury-seats-at-world-series-game/2019/11/01/db3c5cf4-fc09-11e9-9534-e0dbcc9f5683_story.html

The Republican National Committee paid $465 per seat in a luxury suite for President Trump, 11 members of Congress and senior White House staff to attend Sunday night’s World Series game after the president said he wanted to attend, two officials with knowledge of the arrangement said Friday.

The rate meant that Major League Baseball charged the RNC for about 30 seats at a total cost of about $14,000, according to one of the officials, who was involved in the payment. The suite was located along the third-base line near home plate.

The seats were much cheaper than even standing-room-only seats in Nationals Park, many of which were going for $1,000 or more on the secondary market before the Series came to Washington for games three through five. 

One of the Republican officials, who along with others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal RNC matters, said MLB charged face value for box seats and sent an invoice to the committee. A White House official said it would have been impossible for the president to sit anywhere other than a secure box because of Secret Service safety requirements. 

Spokespeople for MLB and the Nationals did not respond to requests for comment.

Members did not receive a ticket for the game and were whisked in with the president, according to people familiar with the arrangement — going through a tunnel, into a freight elevator and into the luxury box about eight minutes before the first pitch. 

Spoiler

Both House and Senate ethics rules generally allow members to attend events free if they are legitimate fundraisers. But Republican officials said the game was not considered a fundraiser and the Trump campaign did not play a role, leading to questions among some members about whether they needed to pay for tickets.

“We paid for the box because the president was there,” a senior Republican official said. The official said that it was valuable for members to discuss issues with the president about their districts and the national political landscape. 

Trump decided which members of Congress to invite largely based on their perceived loyalty to him, and invited some members from Texas because the Astros were in the World Series, a person familiar with the event said. The Astros won the game that night, 7-1.

The members Trump brought to the game included Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.) and David Perdue (Ga.); House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.); and Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Kevin Brady (Tex.), Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Kay Granger (Tex.), Mark Meadows (N.C.), John Ratcliffe (Tex.), Steve Scalise (La.) and Mac Thornberry (Tex.).

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who also spent time with Trump during the game, did not come with the group and was in a nearby box, according to an adviser.

After the game, there was confusion among some offices on whether they were on the hook for the cost. Cheney’s chief of staff asked the White House at least four times on how to pay for the ticket but did not get a response, according to records reviewed by The Washington Post.

“Congresswoman Cheney will provide whatever reimbursement is necessary,” said Jeremy Adler, a spokesman.

“The Leader was honored to attend the game with the President, and follows any and all federal ethics guidelines applying to this event,” McCarthy spokesman Matt Sparks said in a statement. 

A senior White House official said MLB agreed to let the president use the luxury box, which was reserved for league use. Some baseball officials were also present for the game, and commissioner Rob Manfred played golf with Trump the day before. 

When Trump went to the national football championship in Atlanta last year, the Republican National Committee paid for a luxury box for the president and his guests, according to an official involved in the planning of the event. 

A senior Republican official said the party also pays for events at the White House such as the Easter Egg Roll and Christmas parties. 

The owners of the Nationals did not want Trump to visit their box, according to people familiar with the matter. The president was overwhelmingly booed during the game in Democrat-heavy Washington. 

Ari Fleischer, a former a spokesman for President Bush, said he was never asked who paid for Bush’s trips to games. 

“The RNC pays for whatever portion of a trip is political,” he said. 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's a damn bargain.  We sent my mom and her sister to game 6 of the 2011 World Series, and they sat in left field for ~ $550 a seat.

Yeah.  I have no quibbles with what they paid (price set by MLB) but for as much money as Trump brags about having, surely he could have sprung for this, right?

Trump abandons proposing ideas to curb gun violence after saying that he would do exactly that following the mass shootings of a couple of months ago:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-abandons-proposing-ideas-to-curb-gun-violence-after-saying-he-would-following-mass-shootings/ar-AAJGeJW?ocid=spartandhp

He has a new African-American (lower left). She cheers when he calls Obama lazy. The man who sits in his mothers basement  in the WH watching Fox news and tweeting all day when he isn't campaigning with your tax dollars is calling former President Obama lazy. What a welfare cheat he is.

37 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He has a new African-American (lower left). She cheers when he calls Obama lazy. The man who sits in his mothers basement  in the WH watching Fox news and tweeting all day when he isn't campaigning with your tax dollars is calling former President Obama lazy. What a welfare cheat he is.

Well, he is in Mississippi...

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

That's probably because there are about 4 ways.

Děkuju (pronounced Djeh-ku-yu) - I thank you

Děkuji (pronounced Djeh-quee) - It is being thanked (most common in my experience)

Díky (the í is pronounced like a long E) 

Dík (pronounced like Zeke)

The last two are more informal...like "thanks" in English

I met up with several Czech women over the course of a week while there on business, and afterward I got texts with variations of “špatná díra” and “ne můj zadek” and “to byl můj řiť”, and based on how hard my guide/translator laughed, there’s a bunch of Czech women that think I’m a shitty tipper.   

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I met up with several Czech women over the course of a week while there on business, and afterward I got texts with variations of “špatná díra” and “ne můj zadek” and “to byl můj řiť”, and based on how hard my guide/translator laughed, there’s a bunch of Czech women that think I’m a shitty tipper.   

I see multiple references to multiple Czech women and I see no pics. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

You know I get to thinking every so often that there is no way Trump wins reelection and then every beginning of the month I'm given a stark reminder on why Trump will be reelected. I'm looking out my window at work to a long line of disheveled overweight white retirees standing there waiting to see an available teller. The type that comes in every 1st or 3rd to cash out retirement checks (today happens to be one of those days where as far as banking is concerned the 1st and 3rd are the same day) because they "don't trust computers". Later they'll be coming into my office to explain how a check they wrote to their church got lost so they'll need to close out their account and open a new one. While we're opening an account or financing a car for 75 months they'll casually drop how well Trump is doing as it's their only real human contact they'll have today outside of the cashier at HEB (their kids will give them a call once a week or so) who will only give them a courteous nod. Without any irony they'll pivot from Trump's mandate from heaven to discuss just how awful medical care prices have become in this country. Usually I'm able to shift them from Trump to how awful my generation has become since none of us have jobs or they'll go on a 30 minute tirade about how Mexicans are ruining Texas (I guess they can't see the picture of my Mexican wife on my desk). These people are scared to death of the world in 2019 and with their help Trump is going to win again unless we can get one hell of a flu season.

[/brisketledgerant]

All I can think of to say is those one foot in the grave people are heartless assholes who love supporting another heartless asshole. The sooner that generation is no longer above ground the better.

The President's calendar has no listings (as of 7:00 AM CST) until this evening wherein he will be traveling to NYC and the Wall Street landing zone in Manhattan. Guess he is sleeping in after his late night in Tupelo.

Perhaps he will be packing up his belongings, having his mail forwarded, getting the carpets cleaned, and oopsie! No time to reminisce about the women you've assaulted in various dark corners and rooms of your abode, not that you've given them a moment's concern. Wait! What's this under the loose floorboard? Look at all those rubles? Don't forget those before you shut off the utilities and move, Mr. Trump! Buh-bye!

https://www.axios.com/farmers-income-insurance-federal-aid-bankruptcies-5a05b8cb-3348-447b-8bac-ee718fd409fd.html

to wit, white farmers will be gathering in gas stations across the country today and lamenting the welfare state of blacks in urban areas while reminding each other it’s bringing about the downfall of this once great nation.

• Like 3

https://www.axios.com/farmers-income-insurance-federal-aid-bankruptcies-5a05b8cb-3348-447b-8bac-ee718fd409fd.html
to wit, white farmers will be gathering in gas stations across the country today and lamenting the welfare state of blacks in urban areas while reminding each other it’s bringing about the downfall of this once great nation.

Well farmers earned it. By making america great.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fake news.  Like Mexicans are gonna know how to get to a Home Depot. 

Like Mexicans are gonna know how to rent industrial tools there, using a pre-paid debit card to place the deposit. 

Like Mexicans are even handy enough with tools and comfortable doing manual labor outdoors.  

TOTALLY FAKE NEWS!  The wall is working and we're getting reimbursed more and more for it every week!