Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I should register on a Bama board and start trolling about dotard being the reason the Gumps lost.

I already did and got put in time out lol.

And I used to live and die with every game but yesterday didn’t effect me at all.

I don’t think it’s complacency from so much success over the last decade - that should mean I would be distraught. The NC loss to Clemson didn’t break me either.

I still enjoy football but the state of this country has made me way less emotionally invested.

Congratulations @HugoStiglitz !

Hopefully things fall so we meet up again in the playoffs.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I already did and got put in time out lol.

And I used to live and die with every game but yesterday didn’t effect me at all.

I don’t think it’s complacency from so much success over the last decade - that should mean I would be distraught. The NC loss to Clemson didn’t break me either.

I still enjoy football but the state of this country has made me way less emotionally invested.

Congratulations @HugoStiglitz !

Hopefully things fall so we meet up again in the playoffs.

Of course you're not distraught when your program is the only one that could lose 3 games and would still be guaranteed a playoff spot. 

• Like 6

The Baby Trump Balloon stabber immediately started a GoFundMe.

He’s already raised almost $30,000.

Here’s a link -it would be a shame if a bunch of people reported his campaign as a fraudulent grift. Like I just did.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/restitutions-for-baby-trump-stabber

Here’s a personal update from Hoyt himself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would like to think that trump goes on about the call “transcript” because he want his supporters to think that the call is the only thing that matters. However I wonder if he truly thinks that is all what matters.

Given his ignorance of how impeachment works, what freedom of the press actually means, what the words to the national anthem are, etc., I bet that he thinks that is all that matters.   

I would like to think that trump goes on about the call “transcript” because he want his supporters to think that the call is the only thing that matters. However I wonder if he truly thinks that is all what matters.
This is just like his daily tweets of #NoCollusion #NoObstruction earlier this year, while completely false it gives his base a message repeat and feel good about. It's his way of trying to dictate the narrative.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is just like his daily tweets of #NoCollusion #NoObstruction earlier this year, while completely false it gives his base a message repeat and feel good about. It's his way of trying to dictate the narrative.

Correct.  He also knows that his cultists don't know how the government works, just like him, so he just makes shit up as he goes along that sounds good in his pea brain and passes it on to their pea brains.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TornACL said:

It amuses me greatly that after the World Series, it took two more attempts to find a public appearance that wasn't a complete embarrassment. 

If he had been booed in Tuscaloosa, he would have gone to a HS playoff game in Vidor next weekend in his continued quest for adulation. 

With Trump having to go to ‘Bammer to find a friendly crowd, I’ve noticed Trump’s America matches the projected/doctored path predicted for hurricane Dorian.

_108619343_hi056250355.jpg

9b7.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TornACL said:

It amuses me greatly that after the World Series, it took two more attempts to find a public appearance that wasn't a complete embarrassment. 

If he had been booed in Tuscaloosa, he would have gone to a HS playoff game in Vidor next weekend in his continued quest for adulation. 

He found his people.

He's been tweeting and retweeting like crazy this weekend.  And I have a feeling most of his evening tweets are him, and probably 95% of his retweets are definitely him doing it.  He's not going to be sleeping well this week - I expect him to just drop the pretense and start referring to Schiff as Shitty Shifty Schiff.

And somebody earlier mentioned that Fox News probably won't cover the public testimony - guess what?  Trump will be glued to that testimony, there's no way Fox News will ignore their #1 audience member.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Trump did not release the Ukraine aid.  State Department lawyers determined that it could be released and that the White House had no standing to hold it up. Bolton in the middle of it. His testimony could be key.

President Donald Trump says he lifted his freeze on aid to Ukraine on Sept. 11, but the State Department had quietly authorized releasing $141 million of the money several days earlier, according to five people familiar with the matter.

The State Department decision, which hasn’t been reported previously, stemmed from a legal finding made earlier in the year, and conveyed in a classified memorandum to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo. State Department lawyers found the White House Office of Management and Budget, and thus the president, had no legal standing to block spending of the Ukraine aid.

The memo to Pompeo had determined that State had the authority to spend the money -- regardless of what Trump was saying through the OMB -- and would start the process by Sept. 7. But State officials were also wary of provoking a confrontation with OMB and Mick Mulvaney, the acting chief of staff who still leads the budget office, whose team argued they could block the money through a process known as apportionment.

Congressional appropriators were frustrated when their inquiry on Aug. 29 about the status of the State Department funds was greeted by silence. Days passed and on Sept. 9, when they asked again, the State Department’s Legislative Affairs office told them there was no hold on the $141 million, according to a person familiar with the matter.

What they didn’t know, according to one of the people, was that shortly before Sept. 9, Bolton had relayed a message to the State Department that the funding could go ahead. It’s not clear whether Bolton, who resigned from the job a week later, did so with Trump’s approval.

An OMB spokeswoman denied that characterization, saying Bolton had done no such thing and didn’t have the authority to do so. Nonetheless, Bolton at the time was waging a battle with senior-level OMB officials over the funding and opposed putting any conditions on the aid.

That may explain a cryptic letter that Bolton’s lawyer sent to Congress on Friday saying the former national security adviser has “new details” about the Ukraine matter that they don’t know about, without elaborating. Bolton has declined to testify against White House orders unless a judge rules he should and didn’t respond to multiple emails seeking comment.

Edited by Jhawkmvp

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Correct.  He also knows that his cultists don't know how the government works, just like him, so he just makes shit up as he goes along that sounds good in his pea brain and passes it on to their pea brains.

This has really been the game plan of his entire time as a candidate as well as president. Take advantage of dumb yokels and maintain power thanks to said dumb yokels never fully understanding what is going on. 

• Like 1

John Bolton, former Fox News commentator and paid contributor.  Out of his entire career, aside from Conflict, Any Conflict at All Salesman, I can't get past that Fox News contributor part when I wonder if he's a guy interested in shedding light on expansive executive power.  Then I remember that part about him also being notorious for pushing a philosophy of really fucking expansive executive power.  Then I remember that time the High Priest of Fox News very recently held a closed meeting with an Attorney General whose legacy is covering scandals.  Then I remember Bolton's lawyer very publicly dangling candy from a windowless van in front of Democrats to invite his testimony for a high profile news spectacle.  Yeah, this looks legit.  Oh, and he just signed a book deal -- the hallmark business of Washington integrity.  But if the mustache rides are free ... .    

• Like 2