Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.html

President Trump cleared three members of the armed services on Friday who have been accused or convicted of war crimes, overruling military leaders who had sought to punish them. All three have been championed by conservative lawmakers and commentators, who have portrayed them as war heroes unfairly prosecuted for actions taken in the heat and confusion of battle.

Mr. Trump announced that he was ordering the release of Clint Lorance, a former Army lieutenant, from the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, where he is serving a 19-year sentence for the murder of two civilians. He ordered the dropping of murder charges against Maj. Mathew L. Golsteyn, an Army Special Forces officer whose trial was scheduled for December. And he reversed the demotion of Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder charges but convicted of a lesser offense in a high-profile war crimes case over the summer.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The reasoning is pretty simple: killing dirty brown people, by definition, cannot be a crime.

The president of the United States is saying, with no shame or reservation, that it is the official policy of the United States that murder of dirty ay-rabs is A-OK, and not only is it not a crime, we should thank anyone who does so.

I know, in a list of atrocious things done by this admin, it's hard to make room for all the super-shitty ones, but this one belongs in that top tier.  But it probably won't even get a mention on the news.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The reasoning is pretty simple: killing dirty brown people, by definition, cannot be a crime.

The president of the United States is saying, with no shame or reservation, that it is the official policy of the United States that murder of dirty ay-rabs is A-OK, and not only is it not a crime, we should thank anyone who does so.

I know, in a list of atrocious things done by this admin, it's hard to make room for all the super-shitty ones, but this one belongs in that top tier.  But it probably won't even get a mention on the news.

At least he's only pardoning war crimes. The last Republican administration committed them. 

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You see that mountain way off in the distance? That's the moral high ground we used to hold.

• Like 1

From the article, Hegseth from Fox is quoted:

“The president looks at it through that lens, a simple one, and important one,” Mr. Hegseth said, adding, “The benefit of the doubt should go to the guys pulling the trigger.”

Related image
Image of German soldier shooting Polish Jewish mother and child (from Holocaust Museum.)
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Ugh at Lorrance getting pardoned.

I’m very interested to see if they add a postscript to “Leavenworth” about this and to hear what the soldiers that were under his command have to say.

Just terrible.

Yeah, like I said I haven't finished the series, but I watched the attack episode. He screwed the pooch because he was scared and insecure.

Damn, it just hit me. Trump identifies with scared and insecure. That's why he pardoned him.

Edited by RPM

6 hours ago, lemonlime said:

It's also telling that Trump thought that the fact that she served her country by working and living in Somalia was somehow a character flaw on Yovanovich's part.

i am surprised a 20 something general-services officer on her first assignment for the foreign service in 1986 didn't turn Somalia into Shangri-La.

Kushner would have.

• Like 1

And that, I think, was the handle — that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply PREVAIL. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave...

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high water mark — that place where the wave finally broke, and rolled back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Schitt 

Is he smart enough to figure out his base would fall for that (economic downturn that has been looming is due entirely to Congressional Inquiry)? Or did he just blunder into it because he always blames others? It was only a matter of time before he went with "Schitt."

Biggest surprise is that he forgot his favorite apostrophe: "lets"

I like to read speeches on the weekend while husband is watching his beloved football. (I am a known sports jinx. You have to respect the jinx.) I usually catch scores after the game is over.

I ran across this Q&A at the end of Trump's recent speech at The Economic Club in NYC earlier this week. The speech itself was focused mostly on China, manufacturing, etc the kinds of things you'd expect at the above named. The President did go off-script in his usual rambling way, but towards the end there was this response to a question on climate change. I am going to cut part of his answer because it rambled on for quite awhile (he may have been sundowning) but then it got weird.

Mark Gallogly: "Mr. President, all the folks in the room are business leaders. Business works hard to think through and mitigate risk. How do you think about risk as it relates to trade policy and to, really, big issues like climate change?"

President Trump: "Well, you know, climate change is a very complex issue. I consider myself to be, in many ways, an environmentalist, believe it or not. When I build buildings, I did the best environmental impact statements. I was -- you know, I know the game better than anybody. And I used to go and see my consultants that I was paying a lot of money -- environmental consultants."

President Trump:"They'd be up in Albany. And I'd say, "What are they doing up here?" Well, they were trying to make it more difficult so we'd have to hire them and pay them even more money than we were paying them now. And I know what it is. But to me, it's clean air and crystal-clean, clear water. And we have now the cleanest air we've ever had in our country, meaning, over the last 40 years."

The President continues on for a bit touching on some things like how we can't have cows any more and how Los Angeles has more problems than just India's pollution floating into their city which was odd enough, but this bit:

President Trump: "These people -- I almost don't know. Is this politics? Because I think it's bad politics. *( he was talking about environmentalists) I think it's bad politics. But we have to be very careful. And, you know, recently I walked into a meeting and I was with a group of people that I've, you know, generally I didn't like. I never liked them. It's a certain group of people.

President Trump: "I have my likes and dislikes, and my -- And I walked into a room. There are a couple of hundred people -- very substantial people. And I said, 'Listen, I don't have to make a long speech. Here's the story: I don't like you. You don't like me. You have no choice but to vote for me. And you will do whatever you have to do.' And they said, 'Yes, sir. We will. We will. We think you're doing a great job.' The truth is, look, you have no choice, because the people we're running against are crazy. They're crazy. And I have to say this: I don't think there is that much. I think the biggest risk is the election, I'll be honest. I think the biggest risk -- because I actually believe some of these people mean what they say."

So I wonder who are the 'certain group of people' he was talking about? Considering he had spoken at the Black Voices for Trump roll out about three days before this speech, I'm going with that group.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like to read speeches on the weekend while husband is watching his beloved football. (I am a known sports jinx. You have to respect the jinx.) I usually catch scores after the game is over.

I ran across this Q&A at the end of Trump's recent speech at The Economic Club in NYC earlier this week. The speech itself was focused mostly on China, manufacturing, etc the kinds of things you'd expect at the above named. The President did go off-script in his usual rambling way, but towards the end there was this response to a question on climate change. I am going to cut part of his answer because it rambled on for quite awhile (he may have been sundowning) but then it got weird.

Mark Gallogly: "Mr. President, all the folks in the room are business leaders. Business works hard to think through and mitigate risk. How do you think about risk as it relates to trade policy and to, really, big issues like climate change?"

President Trump: "Well, you know, climate change is a very complex issue. I consider myself to be, in many ways, an environmentalist, believe it or not. When I build buildings, I did the best environmental impact statements. I was -- you know, I know the game better than anybody. And I used to go and see my consultants that I was paying a lot of money -- environmental consultants."

President Trump:"They'd be up in Albany. And I'd say, "What are they doing up here?" Well, they were trying to make it more difficult so we'd have to hire them and pay them even more money than we were paying them now. And I know what it is. But to me, it's clean air and crystal-clean, clear water. And we have now the cleanest air we've ever had in our country, meaning, over the last 40 years."

The President continues on for a bit touching on some things like how we can't have cows any more and how Los Angeles has more problems than just India's pollution floating into their city which was odd enough, but this bit:

President Trump: "These people -- I almost don't know. Is this politics? Because I think it's bad politics. *( he was talking about environmentalists) I think it's bad politics. But we have to be very careful. And, you know, recently I walked into a meeting and I was with a group of people that I've, you know, generally I didn't like. I never liked them. It's a certain group of people.

President Trump: "I have my likes and dislikes, and my -- And I walked into a room. There are a couple of hundred people -- very substantial people. And I said, 'Listen, I don't have to make a long speech. Here's the story: I don't like you. You don't like me. You have no choice but to vote for me. And you will do whatever you have to do.' And they said, 'Yes, sir. We will. We will. We think you're doing a great job.' The truth is, look, you have no choice, because the people we're running against are crazy. They're crazy. And I have to say this: I don't think there is that much. I think the biggest risk is the election, I'll be honest. I think the biggest risk -- because I actually believe some of these people mean what they say."

So I wonder who are the 'certain group of people' he was talking about? Considering he had spoken at the Black Voices for Trump roll out about three days before this speech, I'm going with that group.

“Substantial” like “thicker than a bowl of oatmeal”?

Well looks like Captain Dipshit is Coming to AUSTIN after all.  On Wednesday.  Mostly Apple related stuff but I’m sure they’ll mix in a fundraiser or some preloaded appearance with a friendly crowd.  

the Mexican Consul General is relatively new and extended an invitation to Trump to stop by our OHTLI awards presentation that same evening. It’s right on the presidents way back to the airport.  He callously declined. 

I honestly hope some of you trump supporters here in austin get to touch some his toilet water.   They say it heals.