Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He is also extremely paranoid. The tweeter who has been cataloguing what he describes as a type of dementia believes this is going downhill rapidly.

In all honesty, he should be paranoid. His actions have up most likely led many around him to not trust him. You could argue that they should do everything they can to help the president be successful but I imagine some are there to protect America against him.

its like trump has become captain queeq and America is the USS Caine.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And LBJ and Tricky Dick would run rings around Trump when it comes to general fuckery.

The political machinations in regards to Vietnam alone, leading up to the '68 election, make some of the shit that Republicans do today look tame by comparison.  Nixon was more than happy to spoil the peace talks to help himself win in 68.   Nixon was also threatening existing members of LBJ's administration (the CIA Director, etc.) that they had better help him, or they would be fired.

1,400 soldiers a month were dying in '68, and Nixon was trying to torpedo the peace talks between LBJ's administration and the North Vietnames.

Let me repeat that:  An American politician was willing to work on making sure that thousands more American soldiers were killed in order to help him beat the Democrats, all so that he could try and make up for the embarrassment of being beaten by that motherfucking Catholic from Massachusetts back in '60. 

Yeah, as bad as things look now they are no where near 1968.

Tet Offensive in Vietnam, middle of the civil rights movement and MLK shot in April. Sitting president declines to run for re-election, RFK shot, riots at the DNC in Chicago (both inside and outside). 

1968 is a fascinating year to look back on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He is also extremely paranoid. The tweeter who has been cataloguing what he describes as a type of dementia believes this is going downhill rapidly.

Keep in mind news of him working in his private quarters also comes on the heels of part A of his physical... AKA an unplanned trip to the hospital.

• Like 2

Rick Wilson blew his gasket on Twitter.

source.gif

Bring the thunder.

Quislings, sycophants, and traitors.  The lot of them.  In my retirement, I'm going to have to hydrate like hell, because there's gonna be a LOT of graves I have to piss on.*

* I'll also need to eat some bad chili before I get to Kentucky, because I'm shitting ALL OVER McConnell's grave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Yeah, as bad as things look now they are no where near 1968.

Tet Offensive in Vietnam, middle of the civil rights movement and MLK shot in April. Sitting president declines to run for re-election, RFK shot, riots at the DNC in Chicago (both inside and outside). 

1968 is a fascinating year to look back on. 

This may be, but I really wonder how the internet and social media will play into the current situation.  The speed of disinformation could escalate things to a very unsafe level very fast.

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Where are those millions of people with military grade weapons?  They weren't showing up over the past two weeks ...

Yeah, I'm not worried about them engaging in the elections or attacking hard targets.  

It's a question of percentages.  How many more guys like the one who murdered brown people in a Walmart will use their weapons?  That was a reaction to the "replacement" propaganda that is rife in this anti-immigrant movement.  When you start getting events that will heighten the "coup" propaganda - like impeachment, like Trump losing the election - I get concerned that with it will come more radical violence.  No, I don't think it will be thousands of fat fucks with AR-15s trying to overthrow the government.  But there will be more fucksticks that hit soft targets, killing innocent people in indiscriminately.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This may be, but I really wonder how the internet and social media will play into the current situation.  The speed of disinformation could escalate things to a very unsafe level very fast.

Both sides (HA!) are expecting violence to come from the opposing camp. I know Trump supporters who are genuinely worried about left wing violence. We all know the left worries about violence coming from the right.

This country is torn in half and I don't know what can bring it back together. 

A shit hole of his own making.  Perfect.  Won't be long before he poops all over his new cage too. 

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Both sides (HA!) are expecting violence to come from the opposing camp. I know Trump supporters who are genuinely worried about left wing violence. We all know the left worries about violence coming from the right.

This country is torn in half and I don't know what can bring it back together. 

Well, that just goes hand in hand with the mania and stupidity of the right.  The number of people in that camp willing to initiate violence outnumbers those on the left 1000:1, and I'm probably being conservative.  The left is in general smarter, more rational, and less reactionary, even at the edges.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that just goes hand in hand with the mania and stupidity of the right.  The number of people in that camp willing to initiate violence outnumbers those on the left 1000:1, and I'm probably being conservative.  The left is in general smarter, more rational, and less reactionary, even at the edges.

Leftist "violence" is throwing vegan milkshakes at people.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The House conducting their hearings and putting Trump shit on blast says the experiment hasn't failed.  The Democrats in the House staring him down over his little border hedge says the experiment hasn't failed.  The various setbacks in courts that Trump has experienced says the experiment hasn't failed.   Trump's cronies that are doing prison time, along with various state AGs looking to run a train on Trump when he's out of office says the experiment hasn't failed.  The first-time voters who came out last year say the experiment hasn't failed.

And while it may piss many of us off, Republican Senators willing to save his ass from getting the boot are doing exactly what they were elected to do - act like Republicans.  They aren't breaking any laws in saving his ass when it comes time to vote.

They are accountable to us, if we as a nation choose to vote in the right people, with the right ideas.  We are lazy as a whole, no doubt, when it comes to politics, and yes, pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, but that is 100% on us.

I know, I know, that nice warm bath looks inviting Hugo.  Maybe you want to slide into it, play with the razor blade a little bit.  But we aren't there yet.  So climb out, dry off, and get back to whatever it is you do for a living, or for recreation, or whatever you like to do with your time.

We have a helluva long way to go, and no matter what Trump does, when he loses a year from now, he's done in January of 2021.  He can't order Justice Roberts to swear him in a second time when he loses.  And he sure as shit can't be pardoned from state crimes when the states come after his ass.  

And Trump knows it.  Not a day goes by, where we don't catch a glimpse of the fear and paranoia lurking in whatever makes up Trump's brain.  He is not a man confident that he will leave office and not be charged by one or more state attorney generals.  Hell, he is not even confident he will make it through impeachment unscathed.

Every time he attacks impeachment, the Democrats, etc., it's not about getting independents and Dems on his side by showing them the error of their ways, it's because he's scared shitless that he's losing Republicans, both the voting public, and more importantly, those in Congress, and he's trying to bring them to heel, to make sure that they better have his back.

AttorneyGeneral

There, now I can agree 100%.

• Like 2

This is Trump & Co. we're discussing. Could easily be the standard  turkey along with a prey animal to kill it. Cruelty is a feature not a bug. Or, it could be just as it seems, the traditional Thanksgiving pardon for turkeys.

edit-tip o the hat to Biff Tannen.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Credit

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Trump was going to straight-up go after his political enemies like you imagine, he wouldn't have his personal lawyer sneaking around and doing shady shit in Ukraine. 

I believe that is William Barr's contingency plan. He is a lot smarter than Trump and he and his Federalist friends may have gotten the courts, but they have some unfinished business.

They are accountable to us, if we as a nation choose to vote in the right people, with the right ideas.  We are lazy as a whole, no doubt, when it comes to politics, and yes, pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, but that is 100% on us.

I know, I know, that nice warm bath looks inviting Hugo.  Maybe you want to slide into it, play with the razor blade a little bit.  But we aren't there yet.  So climb out, dry off, and get back to whatever it is you do for a living, or for recreation, or whatever you like to do with your time.

We have a helluva long way to go, and no matter what Trump does, when he loses a year from now, he's done in January of 2021.  He can't order Justice Roberts to swear him in a second time when he loses.  And he sure as shit can't be pardoned from state crimes when the states come after his ass.  

And Trump knows it.  Not a day goes by, where we don't catch a glimpse of the fear and paranoia lurking in whatever makes up Trump's brain.  He is not a man confident that he will leave office and not be charged by one or more state attorney generals.  Hell, he is not even confident he will make it through impeachment unscathed.

Every time he attacks impeachment, the Democrats, etc., it's not about getting independents and Dems on his side by showing them the error of their ways, it's because he's scared shitless that he's losing Republicans, both the voting public, and more importantly, those in Congress, and he's trying to bring them to heel, to make sure that they better have his back.

68353a233d1cd85b494c6d8ef896c860.jpg

Sums up your post

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

source.gif

Bring the thunder.

Quislings, sycophants, and traitors.  The lot of them.  In my retirement, I'm going to have to hydrate like hell, because there's gonna be a LOT of graves I have to piss on.*

* I'll also need to eat some bad chili before I get to Kentucky, because I'm shitting ALL OVER McConnell's grave.

Just fly into Cincinnati, rent a car, and grab a couple of bowls of skyline on the drive across the river to Kentucky.

24 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Is that his handler?  Did Trump just identify a member of Delta Force?

Highly doubtful this pre-planned appearance would've involved the actual handler. It wasn't an impromptu video where the brass wasn't aware there would be cameras. But then again, who knows. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Wtf is he cooking up?

This is a highly trained dog that has been in the middle of active warfare. Why the fuck does the press have to remain as calm as possible? Were they afraid he was all of a sudden going to become Cujo and start ripping out the throats of anyone in the vicinity? JFC, they're all idiots. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This is a highly trained dog that has been in the middle of active warfare. Why the fuck does the press have to remain as calm as possible? Were they afraid he was all of a sudden going to become Cujo and start ripping out the throats of anyone in the vicinity? JFC, they're all idiots. 

She probably wasn't referring to the dog. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

SIAP:  Rick Perry believes that God is a Trumpkin.

No, Rick Perry believes his base believes God is a Trumpkin.  Rick will do whatever it takes to maintain his appeal on the off chance that Trump is not running for POTUS next year.

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I want to be wrong, I hope I am. 

But there is an entire support system keeping Trump from falling regardless of the evidence or facts.  That’s the real threat to democracy.  

Sums it up. 

This.  Trump is Trump.  No surprises there.  Everything else that operates to keep him rolling is the real surprise/disappointment.

Trump is pretty perfect as a GOP hatchet man to the centrist & leftist progress over the last 25-30 years.  He has no conscience and won’t lose a wink of sleep over any negative outcome from his actions.  And if he ultimately needs to be stopped, the GOP can make the case that it was all him — that he was a rogue outsider who ran amok and that they ultimately, heroically, stopped.

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This.  Trump is Trump.  No surprises there.  Everything else that operates to keep him rolling is the real surprise/disappointment.

Trump is pretty perfect as a GOP hatchet man to the centrist & leftist progress over the last 25-30 years.  He has no conscience and won’t lose a wink of sleep over any negative outcome from his actions.  And if he ultimately needs to be stopped, the GOP can make the case that it was all him — that he was a rogue outsider who ran amok and that they ultimately, heroicallystopped.

Can they go ahead and get to this part now, please? Nah, he hasn't reached the level of uselessness yet. 

4 hours ago, Tuco said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about them engaging in the elections or attacking hard targets.  

It's a question of percentages.  How many more guys like the one who murdered brown people in a Walmart will use their weapons?  That was a reaction to the "replacement" propaganda that is rife in this anti-immigrant movement.  When you start getting events that will heighten the "coup" propaganda - like impeachment, like Trump losing the election - I get concerned that with it will come more radical violence.  No, I don't think it will be thousands of fat fucks with AR-15s trying to overthrow the government.  But there will be more fucksticks that hit soft targets, killing innocent people in indiscriminately.  

Imagine if Hillary had won, you might have had more of these nutcases out there doing shit.

People that mentally ill are going to snap at some point, unfortunately, and even more unfortunately, way too many on the right are unwilling to consider red flag laws that would catch some of them.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In all honesty, he should be paranoid. His actions have up most likely led many around him to not trust him. You could argue that they should do everything they can to help the president be successful but I imagine some are there to protect America against him.

its like trump has become captain queeq and America is the USS Caine.

When Rudy started talking about insurance, and then trying to blow it off as a joke, that spoke volumes.  Not many people think he was joking, or talking about holding info on the Bidens.

3 hours ago, scottsins said:

Everyone REALLY needs to see the documentary on Netflix about “The Family”. This is exactly where this belief comes from.

I watched some of this and it had some kernel of truth to it but it had an outrageous conspiracy theory level feel to it.  

Yes, the religious right was co-opted to consolidate political power but it wasn’t the only puppet master pulling the strings. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz