Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

That was life expectancy at birth,  once you get past that point life expectancy hasn't changed much in that time

life span vs life expectancy is some epi navel gazing.  But the former has certainly increased  since the 18th century.  

dementia and Alzheimer’s will literally bring our healthcare system to its knees in the next few decades. 

57 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I saw bits of that game at work. Good Lord what a fiasco.

Brisket people give you a bunch of mess for more/less having a Jeremiah from the OT view of things. I think you are spot-on because you recognize the mindset of the populace in our country.

It is sad that we have embraced demonizing minorities. The Mexicans and other brownskins are the Jews for those hell-bent on hatred. Hell Dotard is laying the groundwork to hate Jews in this country as well. Anyone who thinks this is a joke really needs a foot in their backside. This is not good and even if good ultimately fails you need to at least stand up and let your voice be heard.

Maybe.......evil

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I heard Sock Mocket.  Which I think is a kind of hand puppet game you can play with Ivanka's vagina.  In fact, it was the basis for the broadway hit just down the street from many fantastic Trump properties in Manhattan, "The Vagina Monologues"   Which Trump didn't see because he wasn't into ventriloquism back then.  But now as Putin's puppet, he's coming around. 

There’s a lot to unpack here. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My brotha. This mothafucka gets it.

This is like the Baylor game. It was over the minute trump received the kickoff. Now, we’re just watching clock run down and we’ll see how bad it is at the end. Spoiler: it’s gonna be bad. Really bad.

Except Baylor whipped our ass on the field fair and square. Trump bought off the refs so badly that incomplete passes that sail 10 yards over his WR's head are getting called TD catches. Not even drops. The receiver never even touched the ball. Touchdown. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

What I think he will do with this is use the terrorist designation as a reason to send American troops into Mexico next year.

IMO, wrong. It’s all about seizing funds and assets. Every person in the US with a Latin sounding name is now a suspected cartel member. Assets will be seized 

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Csb... 

In Manhattan right now, and I fucking love how diverse this city is. It's easily the best feature, and they hate this orange cunt. I don't think I could leave Cali, but if I did, this is pretty much the only place I would be willing to go... 

Love Manhattan.  And any of you who worry too much need to look at what the country’s metro areas look like.  There’s definitely hope, brothers.  

Rural deplorables will absolutely not win this fight.  And of course there’s good people on both sides (in this case), but we all know where the majority of Dotard’s trashy base hails from.  Fuck them and their shithole towns.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

That was going to be his reply for every answer. 

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Csb... 

In Manhattan right now, and I fucking love how diverse this city is. It's easily the best feature, and they hate this orange cunt. I don't think I could leave Cali, but if I did, this is pretty much the only place I would be willing to go..

DC is cool. I've been everywhere man and I like it here. 

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

His cult members don't care. He says it and it is the gospel truth. Human beings never evolve or change. This is no different than Germans thinking Hitler was their savior. These idiots at these rallies really believe Dotard was sent by God to make their lives better and to make the lives of brown-skinned people a living hell.

We are dealing with the worst of humanity right now. There is no rosy endng to this. We are descending into the depths of fascism and are on the path to where a significant portion of the populace looks at Dotard as a God-king. If you study history at all you know that great empires throughout history are done from within. We are watching the sunset of America having a good voice on the world stage coming to an end because millions of our fellow citizens chose hate and bigotry over the greater good of our fellow human beings. We are the terrible human beings we have said that other countries are. It's us now and it is not pretty.

I have at different times taken solace in the fact that even Germany after Hitler was able to recover and become a strong western democracy.

But then I remember that it was possible because there was a democratic superpower to help ensure it.

If the US crumbles, we won't be so lucky.

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

@GRHorn explain to us who is a more divisive president, in the last 100 years, then the one (Trump) who calls 50+% of the electorate HUMAN SCUM?

I don’t know why that falls to me. I never said he wasn’t divisive. Plus, my Surly resistance shift is almost over. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No it isn’t. And you saying so is a demonstration of why “conservative” doesn’t mean anything anymore: you’re* fine with structural debt expansion and shitting on the dignity of the president’s role as head of state, and you think idle threats of armed violence are the same as idle talk about leaving the country.

Ah-hah!  So you admit the President is the Head of State, not the Head of Government!  

On this day 1974 Gerald Ford was confirmed VP.  

the way history is told now is that the senate basically forced Gerald Ford on Nixon knowing that they were probably naming the next president so they picked someone that everyone was fine with.  But Nixon didn’t resign until summer.  I think that narrative cannot be correct.  A prez cannot be a dead man walking that long. 

Also, have you ever even held a gun in your life? Literally the very first thing you learn when they hand you a gun is that a gun is not a toy: you don’t aim at anything you don’t intend to shoot and you don’t make idle threats about shooting somebody, ever.

What the fuck has happened to gun culture in this state? Your gun is a not a tool of personal expression or some fucking prop in a play. Good grief.

It is not limited to this state. Guns are easier to buy a sense of power while being disenfranchised from society. It’s cheaper than paying them more if you are the elite and it takes the focus off the real problems of expanding inequality.

Let’s take that scenario where there are 10 gold coins on the table, a banker, an immigrant and an American are sitting there. The banker takes 7 coins. Tells the worker the immigrant is coming to take his 3 coins, then offers to sell him a gun for 2 coins.
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also, have you ever even held a gun in your life? Literally the very first thing you learn when they hand you a gun is that a gun is not a toy: you don’t aim at anything you don’t intend to shoot and you don’t make idle threats about shooting somebody, ever.

What the fuck has happened to gun culture in this state? Your gun is a not a tool of personal expression or some fucking prop in a play. Good grief.

Could not agree with this more. I do not understand the "compensation factor' of gun ownership, from which the needledicks in life derive some semblance of self confidence.  The phenomenon is beyond misguided...  These fuckers make me want to side with the gun control freaks, just out of sheer dignity for mankind.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Let’s take that scenario where there are 10 gold coins on the table, a banker, an immigrant and an American are sitting there. The banker takes 7 coins. Tells the worker the immigrant is coming to take his 3 coins, then offers to sell him a gun for 2 coins.

I've heard a lot of parables and stories in life, but never this one.  Does it end at the strip club?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Love Manhattan.  And any of you who worry too much need to look at what the country’s metro areas look like.  There’s definitely hope, brothers.  

Rural deplorables will absolutely not win this fight.  And of course there’s good people on both sides (in this case), but we all know where the majority of Dotard’s trashy base hails from.  Fuck them and their shithole towns.  

I don't know what part of Oklahoma you grew up in, but I grew up in a small Missouri college town, and because of the university, I existed in what turned out to be a bubble of rational, moderate thought.  It was only after I left and viewed the entire area and populace from afar that I realized how "deplorable" many people in that part of the country actually are.  I didn't hang out with racists and ignorant rednecks -- I knew they were there, but in my world they were well out-numbered.  I just didn't realize that my world was the exception, not the rule.

I have no problem characterizing the majority of flyover country as being stocked with deplorables.  Are there good people there?  Absolutely.  They're the minority.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What you have to understand is that these people are a perfect cocktail of insecurity, gutless cowardice, and a healthy dose of the simple syrup known as plain old stupidity.  Then the current gun culture makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I've said this before, but I have been sporadically and begrudgingly listening to right wing wbap radio in Dallas to hear directly the thoughts of Trumpians.

Started after the Amber Guyger verdict and was blown away how overtly racist caller after caller was.

Since the impeachment depositions and hearings started, I don't think a day goes by a caller doesn't come on and say all the good patriots need to stand up and take up arms against the evil Democrats.  Then other callers all agree And the hosts push those people on the air.  This is mainstream Mainstream Trump supporter thinking.   

This is not the fringe or some far right group, this is the absolute dead center of the Republican party pushing this and whipping people into a frenzy.  It so far beyond irresponsible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

I've said this before, but I have been sporadically and begrudgingly listening to right wing wbap radio in Dallas to hear directly the thoughts of Trumpians.

Started after the Amber Guyger verdict and was blown away how overtly racist caller after caller was.

Since the impeachment depositions and hearings started, I don't think a day goes by a caller doesn't come on and say all the good patriots need to stand up and take up arms against the evil Democrats.  Then other callers all agree And the hosts push those people on the air.  This is mainstream Mainstream Trump supporter thinking.   

This is not the fringe or some far right group, this is the absolute dead center of the Republican party pushing this and whipping people into a frenzy.  It so far beyond irresponsible.

Bingo.  Listen to the liars like GR (and yes, he's lying) telling you that this is just a fringe, random guy here and there.  Nope.  Listen to them.  Listen to them when they are in their "safe spaces" (or they think they are).  I've heard, live, an actual cop with a badge talk about taking a rifle down to the border to shoot border crossers, as just one example.  This isn't something 1 out of 1000 random freaks says.  It's the maintstream, regular conversation.

Again, MURDERING PEOPLE is mainstream conversation among the MAGA crowd.  That's indefensible, and it's not salvageable.  If you stand with the MAGA crowd, you are beyond redemption.  

27 minutes ago, SameSame said:

It is absolutely fringe.

If gunowners and traditional "right wingers" were on the offensive;  you'd fucking notice.  You're hearing loudmouth blowhards rattle their sabers.

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

It is absolutely fringe.

If gunowners and traditional "right wingers" were on the offensive;  you'd fucking notice.  You're hearing loudmouth blowhards rattle their sabers.

We're hearing a metric shitton of them, dude.  It ain't just one or two.

And there's a lot more than mere saber rattling going on....the stack of dead brown people at the El Paso Wal-Mart (just one example) out front shoulda told ya.  The saber is being swung.  But it's all cool -- it's not being swung at guys like you, so nothing to worry about.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

We're hearing a metric shitton of them, dude.  It ain't just one or two.

And there's a lot more than mere saber rattling going on....the stack of dead brown people at the El Paso Wal-Mart (just one example) out front shoulda told ya.  The saber is being swung.  But it's all cool -- it's not being swung at guys like you, so nothing to worry about.

Yeah, the dude that shot up the WM was perfectly normal, middle of the road, contributor to society, right?

I'm not saying the wingnuts don't exist, but the lumping in of "center of the party" with these folks is just bullshit.

Carry on with the conversation though.  It sounds so good to be hyperbolic...

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Yeah, the dude that shot up the WM was perfectly normal, middle of the road, contributor to society, right?

I'm not saying the wingnuts don't exist, but the lumping in of "center of the party" with these folks is just bullshit.

Your presumption is that average person still carrying water for Trump is a "perfectly normal, middle of the road, contributor to society." I think the evidence is overwhelmingly to the contrary. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I don’t know what fantasy world you’re living in, there is no center of the party.  It’s dead.  The party orbits around Trump and the maga base.  Full stop.

• Like 3