Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, hornhorn said:

Fair enough, under Overview where it says this: 

Of the murder victims for whom race was known, 51.9 percent were Black or African American, 43.5 percent were White, and 3.0 percent were of other races. Race was unknown for 243 victims. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 2.)

Click the link there. 

It is the same damn link. It is clearly counting VICTIMS. 

4 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Fair enough, under Overview where it says this: 

Of the murder victims for whom race was known, 51.9 percent were Black or African American, 43.5 percent were White, and 3.0 percent were of other races. Race was unknown for 243 victims. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 2.)

Click the link there. 

Can you fucking read?

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

It is the same damn link. It is clearly counting VICTIMS. 

You were right, I stand corrected. Here's the actual table and it makes it worse, 54% were African American instead of 51% as I suggested earlier. Its the fifth under overview. 

When the race of the offender was known, 54.2 percent were Black or African American, 43.1 percent were White, and 2.6 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 5,368 offenders. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3.)

32 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

The didn't have the exact same experience but African Americans also weren't separated from all of their belongings overnight and asked to vacate their shops, homes and the country as a matter of newly found law targeting just them. And by overnight I mean literally overnight. And while that occurred the South Africans and Kenyans were allowed to rob, rape and pillage them unmitigated by the police or the state. 

Negged for continuing a "your nigras..." line of argument. 

I will dismiss your notion that there is something deleteriously different about American blacks on its surface. Persistence in believing there are meaningful differences between the races leads to concentrations camps, the hate needed to back dictatorship, and the division of a people with common interest.

I believe that if I had been racially separated and experienced the same history as the American black that the statistics you lean on would be no different. Skin color and geographical background mean nothing in this formula.

You're a hate merchant. You're aligned with the people who best represent your views. I wish nothing but a bad end for you all. I do not have the loving heart of Nancy Pelosi. If I prayed, it would be for your disappearance. I'd be fine if it were painless. That's all I grant enemies to the aspects of my country that should be grounds for pride.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

You were right, I stand corrected. Here's the actual table and it makes it worse, 54% were African American instead of 51% as I suggested earlier. Its the fifth under overview. 

When the race of the offender was known, 54.2 percent were Black or African American, 43.1 percent were White, and 2.6 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 5,368 offenders. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3.)

Uh, no, no it doesn't. You have no fucking clue what is in the unknown bucket, which is basically a third of the total. 

8 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

You should have went with you were joking instead. Its what your dear leader trump would have done. Never admit you were wrong about anything, including the sex of a dog. 

6 hours ago, yoladu said:

"I sometimes see where these horrible dishonest reporters will say that 'Oh jeez, the farmers are upset.' Well, they can't be too upset, because I gave them $12 billion and I gave them $16 billion this year," Trump said in a phone-in to Illinois farmers in late August, adding, "I hope you like me even better than you did in '16."

"I would like you to do us a favor though."

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

here's something that i don't believe has been highlighted yet, except slightly by brisket.

the system is set up for recidivism.

you see it all the time in the dwi world, and back when the mugshot thread was a thing - the repeat offenders were often picked up for other offenses that branched off their conviction.

but let's make a hypothetical. take a young (early twenties) service industry person. he works nights at a restaurant while trying to finish up his teacher's certificate. let's say he had a few beers after work with the kitchen staff before driving home. is he at fault for this act? yes. he is pulled over and subsequently arrested. that is one bad night. let's say he wasn't even really doing anything overly wrong on the roadway - but he had a brake light out. still, driving drunk is his fault, so he's got to take the arrest, but he does the smart thing and refuses a breathalyzer and the sobriety tests.

problem is, service being a cash heavy business, he carries most of his money in his wallet. he made $350 last night that's sitting in a baggie at the jail. his bank account is pretty short, because he's just made rent and power.

he's printed, mugshot, and spends the night in jail. he's arraigned the next morning. judge is in a bad mood, so even though he's on a first time offense, he is given an instruction for an interlock system on his car. he's given a $3000 bond, so his bail money would be $300. now, he's got enough of this in his wallet, but he has no access to this. so he cannot make bail, and he has friends trying to get hings put together for him. 

but he has to spend another night in jail, is AWOL at work, and subsequently fired when his boss cannot get ahold of him.

finally the bail money is put together, and he gets out. 

let's keep in mind at this point he is not even convicted of a crime.

his car has been towed by a tow company who charges $180 per night at their lot (cash only, and exact change ONLY!), so he's already out $360, which is more than he has got in his wallet, and besides, he has to pay his friends back for the bail loan.

somehow he scrapes up enough money to get his car back. now he needs to hire a lawyer to make a filing to get a provisional license to drive so he can find a new job so he can pay for all this shit. his lawyer is cool and agrees to be flexible on the payment plan. he pays what he can on a credit card, lawyer wanted $500 down. his lawyer advises him to take a couple of classes about drinking or some shit, and those cost about $50 each, and are really only offered in the evening, when he would normally be working. however, his lawyer makes clear these classes are checkboxes for a judge to be more understanding. no effort means no mercy.

so he somehow finds his way into another job after a week. he's filling up his car with gas finally, walks into the gas station and BAM, there's his mugshot on a paper on the counter. clerk looks from paper to him and back to the paper. 

in order to drive that car, he has to have an interlock device installed. the device costs, say $100. then there's a monthly fee to be monitored by the device, let's say $75 per month. if he doesn't pay this, or is caught with the device somehow disconnected, his provisional license is suspended. he could also face a second arrest.

not even yet convicted.

let's say he manages to get all this done, and he pleads guilty and is convicted of a misdeanor dwi. now he has a record that makes him toxic to many employers, including schools, so he has to stick at being a waiter.

now shit still hangs over his head. he's on probation, he's got to pay court costs, and he can have his license back, but it comes with a three year surchage of $1000 each year. but don't worry, he can pay in installments of $38 per month. if he misses a payment, his license is suspended. he would be subject to arrest if pulled over with that suspended license.

the trick is, that $38 per month comes with a "convenience fee" of $5, so that's really $33 per month. but it's alright, he can pay it off in his own time. but these surcharges stack. so after only paying $396 of his first year surcharge after 12 months, the next year surcharge takes effect. bang, another $1000 stacked on top. he's successfully fulfilled the provisions of his probation, so, effectively he's "served his time, but that second surcharge is another minimum payment of $38, which means each month he know owes $76 or he risks losing his license. he manages to make this work, so he's paid nearly $800 of the first year, and $396 on the second year surcharge, but here comes year #3! another $1000 to stack on top. so now he's in for a minimum of $113 per month to retain his license, despite being 3 year removed from the crime he committed. 

at every step, if he doesn't fulfill numerous obligations, he's subject to another arrest and more fines and more draconian punishments.

this is the same for numerous crimes, including possession of drugs, getting in a stupid fight, or whatever. 

so we've taken a promising life of a guy who wants to be a middle school teacher and completely derailed it for at least half a decade. because this guy had one idiotic night wher ehe had one too many beers and a broken taillight. 

what he did was wrong, but years later, he's still dealing with it. and the system is designed to be blocky with multiple points of failure to further embroil you in the justice system.

it's a meat grinder, intentionally so. you can't just expect people who don't have the money to pay fines to do, say, community service, because they need those hours to work. you or i get arrested for something or other, we can afford bail. we can afford a good lawyer. we can pay that surcharge out of pocket. but the waiter, the teacher, the person working through school at dominoes pizza? nope. they are turbo fucked, and for YEARS.

i'm not advocating for pardons, or ultimate leniency, or anything of the sort. but the system is very invested in putting offenders back inside and chewing them up, and it really punishes those who do not have a lot of money. 

tl;dr - the system sucks and actively pursues ways to chew up no-violent offenders.

Well, yeah, but see....counterpoint.....punishing people makes other people feel like they're in charge and being tough.  So, you understand, your argument is nothing but pussy libtard talk.

4 hours ago, Cosimo de' Medici said:

January - Trump vindicated in senate. Uses as carte blanche in pushing every button on the liberal apocalypse panel. Still getting shit done in the background. 

If the Senate doesn't convict Trump that will just hasten the demise of the Republican Party.

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You should have went with you were joking instead. Its what your dear leader trump would have done. Never admit you were wrong about anything, including the sex of a dog. 

I'll gladly admit it when I'm wrong, like I just did. You should try it some time, but hey Soros won't pay for that. I get it. Carry on troll. 

1 hour ago, hornhorn said:

The didn't have the exact same experience but African Americans also weren't separated from all of their belongings overnight and asked to vacate their shops, homes and the country as a matter of newly found law targeting just them. And by overnight I mean literally overnight. And while that occurred the South Africans and Kenyans were allowed to rob, rape and pillage them unmitigated by the police or the state. 

...are you arguing that when slaves were taken from Africa and brought to the US, they weren't separated from all of their belongings and suddenly were subject to laws targeting just them? Because, uh, you're a little off base there bucko

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, yeah, but see....counterpoint.....punishing people makes other people feel like they're in charge and being tough.  So, you understand, your argument is nothing but pussy libtard talk.

And without a solution but...see....saying that makes you a meanie! A real meanie! 

angry look whos talking now GIF

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

...are you arguing that when slaves were taken from Africa and brought to the US, they weren't separated from all of their belongings and suddenly were subject to laws targeting just them? Because, uh, you're a little off base there bucko

I'm arguing that slavery occurred about hundreds of year ago and the people I'm talking about were treated that way in 1972. And they still aren't anywhere near the homicide rate of African Americans. Bucko

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Helping people makes the helpers feel happy. I saw a movie about it once. There is nothing weak about helping people, it is how humans were able to survive when the world was a lot younger place. We have so much potential as a species and we abuse it so.

The Republican party’s start with nihilism began in the 60s in Southern California with Nixon. The philosophy is basically every man for himself, what’s mine is mine, what’s your’s is mine, etc. Fuck everything else. 

Unless you have actually lived in Souther California and commiserated with these people and had them open up to you its hard to understand it. Basically whatever the Republicans now accuse the “liberal democratic” party of California of is doubly true for the way the Republican Party in that state has been for almost 60 years now, and has definitely influenced national politics for almost that long. Reagan was just the start of it and highly successful given his superior oratory skills. 

Its not like they are automatically bad people. They just have a certain philosophy towards life that is pretty much self centered and oblivious to most everything else. If they win, great. If they lose, move on to the next battle. As long as you keep your powder dry you will probably win in the end. 

The point is this has been the unstated platform of the Republican Party for well over 5 or 6 decades now. It ain’t changing. And trump, while not even welcome by them because he is a disruption, is of course fucking over the very same poor white people he lies and claims he’s helping.

Its best if everyone would just recognize the truth. 

Edited by JimmyJames

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

You should read up on Chinese and western railroads.

and you should stop acting of internet disease

not the same thing. not even close. 

and if you have something to say then just say it man

Edited by staboner

Bullshit.
Nothing more lulz inducing than watching the leftists pine for “reasonable conservatives” including Bush.  You know the anti-christ, war criminal, moron from 00-08.

Amazing how all of your conservatives blow up the budget and bloat the government. You are so fucked in the head you don’t even know what words mean anymore.

There are dozens of posters on this forum alone who have been around and posting for a LONG time on this and predecessor forums, and who have a consistent history of voting for many repbulicans, supporting/and or defending W's administration (or at least elements of it), etc.  You can look up our history -- it's out there.  Seriously, there are a shitload of people who, for their whole lives, were generally moderate Republicans, who want absolutely NOTHING to do with the cult that exists today.
But for me, and I know I speak for others, there actually is something to be grateful about regarding this admin -- it's been eye-opening as hell.  Many of us have seen that we were suckers, we were flat-out wrong, for a long time.
In my younger days, I believed in trickle-down economics, that sort of shit.  But...and here's the important distinction....I've watched us try it over and over and over again, and I've seen it FAIL.  Maybe I believed for a long time that if you flapped your arms hard enough, you could fly.  But after watching a buncha guys try it, jump off a cliff, and go splat, I've realized I was wrong.  But Incredulity and Chrispy are still standing there, saying 'this time, it will work!"
Trump has been effective at creating a new political class -- ex-Republicans.  Now, what happens to that class is anyone's guess.  We range from pretty conservative to downright progressive, so not easy to deal with as a group.  But make no mistake, we all lament the shit out of the death of facts, truth, and reason.  While y'all happily wallow in the bullshit and get it all over you.  No thanks.

Will you return to the spouse/political party the cheats on you repeatedly?

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The black slaves weren’t forcibly removed from Africa, they got an all expense paid free tour to on a boat to a brand new exotic country!  

The trolls are both incredibly dumb but also entertaining. Keep it up guys. 

You'll just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Amazing how all of your conservatives blow up the budget and bloat the government. You are so fucked in the head you don’t even know what words mean anymore.

They're not conservatives.  The modern GOP comes in only two flavors.  Corrupt grifters, and those who think the corrupt grifters are looking out for them.

27 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Trump Wants The EPA To Focus On Toilet Flushing
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-toilet-faucet-epa-environment_n_5deb1e63e4b0d50f32b3706e

What and how much is that fat fuck eating to have to flush the toilet 15 times?

It actually makes total sense.  The way his broken brain works is that everyone's experience in life must have been exactly like his, so he just projects it onto everyone else.  His idiot moron brain can't fathom that everyone's life isn't exactly like his.  So when he has to flush a million times, so must everyone else.  I'd rather not expend anymore mental energy thinking of his bathroom functions, so let's just accept he is a crazy person with horrifying bowel issues and move on.