Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've spent time with fabric and 'smocking' is serious business and more than a little tricky. I'm pretty sure Nancy Pelosi doesn't need a 'smocking' gun [sic] to sew up a case against the President.

Wait a minute.  He did this again?  He really thinks that's how it's spelled doesn't he?  

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait a minute.  He did this again?  He really thinks that's how it's spelled doesn't he?  

Do you remember the controversy surrounding Arizona State Uni’s decision not to award Obama an honorary degree when he gave a commencement speech? 

Trump may be the first President to have universities ask for actual degrees to be returned.

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Do you remember the controversy surrounding Arizona State Uni’s decision not to award Obama an honorary degree when he gave a commencement speech? 

Trump may be the first President to have universities ask for actual degrees to be returned.

I don't think so... they can't really do anything with the diplomas once he's colored all over them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, he'll get honorary degrees from Liberty University or Oral Roberts.  

Anyway, whenever he tweets "smocking", all I can think of is Dinesh the Restauranteur on Seinfeld at the trial, wagging his finger, and saying, "Smocking, Smocking, Smocking..."  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh, he'll get honorary degrees from Liberty University or Oral Roberts.  

Anyway, whenever he tweets "smocking", all I can think of is Dinesh the Restauranteur on Seinfeld at the trial, wagging his finger, and saying, "Smocking, Smocking, Smocking..."  

Babu?

• Like 1

Shit man, I was watching end of Silicon Valley when I typed that.  I swear, they look different to me!!  

how could I forget Babu!  Don't worry Babu, stay alive...I will find you! 

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That simply means, and I think most of understand that he's scared.

Not just of impeachment, he's scared in general to have original thoughts and accept the back and forth and failure that comes with it.

When you get past the name calling and loudest voice in the room it is really weak.

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

A&M, Lamar, Alabama 

If *Alabama, saddled with the Trump Curse that destroyed their football season and ranked #49 in education, gives the President an honorary degree then they ought to drop to # 57.

Today the President will lunch with the VP.

After lunch the President will participate in a roundtable with families empowering Education Choice. This sounds a lot like Betsy DeVos and VOUCHERS. Charter schools, those wonderful vehicles for dismantling public schools and providing investors with access to your tax dollars through building rentals and construction, are also highly capable of distributing Trumpaganda and segregation so what's not to like about them?

Late afternoon, there will be another Christmas reception.

*apologies to BamaChick; I know you're fighting the good fight.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Always lovely to have a conspiracy theorist and climate change denier as a representative of foreign policy. I guess she tows the Trump line, but yowza, the rate we are plummeting toward the (apparently) limitless bottom, we are going to get the bends.

You get the bends coming back up, so we may never even get that chance.

4 hours ago, DigDug said:

Not just of impeachment, he's scared in general to have original thoughts and accept the back and forth and failure that comes with it.

When you get past the name calling and loudest voice in the room it is really weak.

100 mostly retweets now.   That means he’s not only scared of something, but is trying like hell to distract his followers and the media.    I’m guessing he will give one of his helicopter press conferences where he asks why we are in NATO and that people are telling him to pull out, you know, Pentagon generals right out of central casting asking him to get us out of NATO.  Or perhaps that we should do something about Iran or Venezuela.   Any 2nd- or 3rd-world countries that Trump has threatened in the past few years should be puckering up.  

5 hours ago, DigDug said:

Serious question, why would he be scared?  Regardless of evidence, nothing will happen to him.  Nada.  He has absolutely no reason to be nervous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Serious question, why would he be scared?  Regardless of evidence, nothing will happen to him.  Nada.  He has absolutely no reason to be nervous. 

Vanity. Ego.  He does not want his financials exposed.   He has spent decades crafting his image.

Plus, the states are coming for him once he’s out of office, and he can’t stop that.  Neither he nor Pence can pardon for the state stuff.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Vanity. Ego.  He does not want his financials exposed.   He has spent decades crafting his image.

Plus, the states are coming for him once he’s out of office, and he can’t stop that.  Neither he nor Pence can pardon for the state stuff.

I'll grant you he's petrified of his financials going public.  But, even if they do, his image is set in stone.  Anyone w/ any brains and/or integrity knows he's an idiotic, narcissistic failure.  All the rest buy into his bullshit, regardless. 

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'll grant you he's petrified of his financials going public.  But, even if they do, his image is set in stone.  Anyone w/ any brains and/or integrity knows he's an idiotic, narcissistic failure.  All the rest buy into his bullshit, regardless. 

If he is determined to have violated state law, and that evidence comes out, he stands a higher risk of not being reelected, at which point he is fucked.

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's a scurrilous cretin who wouldn't hesitate to betray any friend or ally. He knows he can't be trusted so he can't trust anyone else, not even the Republicans in the Senate who are the only thing standing between him and removal from office. His future is in their hands and he's helpless to do anything about it should they decide to unite against him. They won't, but there's no honor among thieves so he can never rest easy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DigDug said:

I mean, he's a frightened child inside.  He was never Fred's first choice, and his Dad was constantly bailing him out while he was still alive. When he was younger, he had moment's of self actualization, when he was content to play the clown, since he craves attention, but those days are long gone.  As an inherently miserable person, praise doesn't keep him happy for long, since it's a endless black hole inside.

He's like a frightened dog, fear biting is the only way he reacts to the world now unless he is praised constantly.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Donald Trump:  "I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia."

1) In 1991 a Saudi Prince bought a Trump yacht for 20 million, saving Trump from bankruptcy

2) In 1995, Trump Plaza Hotel was rescued by a $325 million dollar investment from that same Saudi Prince

3) In 2001, the 45th floor of Trump World Tower was sold to the Saudi government for 45 million dollars

4) In 2017, the Saudi government spent 270,000 dollars at Trump's Washington Hotel and is estimated to have used those rooms for any purpose less than 25% of the time
5) In 2028 Saudi Arabia's crown prince stayed at Trump's hotel in New York and boosted its revenue by 13%

That's why, for Trump, his instinct after the killings in Florida was to protect the Saudis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/07/us/politics/trump-pensacola-saudi-arabia.html

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Always lovely to have a conspiracy theorist and climate change denier as a representative of foreign policy. I guess she tows the Trump line, but yowza, the rate we are plummeting toward the (apparently) limitless bottom, we are going to get the bends.

Google:

Carla Sands is a businesswoman and investor, former actress, chiropractor, and American diplomat who serves as the United States Ambassador to Denmark. Wikipedia

A shame she has no experience as a latex salesman.

57 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

This has been a really interesting journey. Amazon is clearly the best choice for the JEDI contract but they also had an unfair advantage in that they assisted the DoD in writing the requirements up until the end when the DoD flipped the script on them. $10 Billion is a massive amount of government cheese so I am not going to mourn Amazon's loss of said cheese.

19 minutes ago, F250 said:

This has been a really interesting journey. Amazon is clearly the best choice for the JEDI contract but they also had an unfair advantage in that they assisted the DoD in writing the requirements up until the end when the DoD flipped the script on them. $10 Billion is a massive amount of government cheese so I am not going to mourn Amazon's loss of said cheese.

Amazon will be fine, it's true.

Losing a government contract over a childish political vendetta where the President or his minions punish those they perceive as disloyal is worrisome indeed.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Amazon will be fine, it's true.

Losing a government contract over a childish political vendetta where the President or his minions punish those they perceive as disloyal is worrisome indeed.

Not really, this isn't that unusual for life inside the Military Industrial Complex.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

What's worse is that the contract will end up going to a Trump donor who's company is completely unqualified and unprepared for the job.

It'll be some thinly veiled front for a Russian company named something like "We Fraud Your Cyberz, LLC." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's a scurrilous cretin who wouldn't hesitate to betray any friend or ally. He knows he can't be trusted so he can't trust anyone else, not even the Republicans in the Senate who are the only thing standing between him and removal from office. His future is in their hands and he's helpless to do anything about it should they decide to unite against him. They won't, but there's no honor among thieves so he can never rest easy. 

pos rep for use of scurrilous.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Love it when the military industrial complex does  $10 billion in business with the biggest tech oligarchs of the world.  This is how the free market is supposed to work and not a dystopian nightmare. 

Hello, Sir.  You must be new to Washington, DC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Love it when the military industrial complex does  $10 billion in business with the biggest tech oligarchs of the world.  This is how the free market is supposed to work and not a dystopian nightmare. 

The truth is no one in the U.S. industry outside of Amazon, Google and Microsoft are capable of providing these services and DISA is incapable of doing it themselves. Technically, the contract could have been divided up which would have created a smaller barrier to entry, something IBM and Oracle tried to force in court. Still, even by doing that only a handful of cloud providers would be capable of delivering those services.

56 minutes ago, F250 said:

Add amazon to the list of vile organizations and people I now like better than DOTARD.

Just now, F250 said:

The truth is no one in the U.S. industry outside of Amazon, Google and Microsoft are capable of providing these services and DISA is incapable of doing it themselves. Technically, the contract could have been divided up which would have created a smaller barrier to entry, something IBM and Oracle tried to force in court. Still, even by doing that only a handful of cloud providers would be capable of delivering those services.

I know but it still sucks balls.  The relationship between our unaccountable big tech companies and our unaccountable big military is terrifying AF from a 30k feet perspective.  It is what it is. 

It's almost as if everything he says is a lie: https://apnews.com/a734c40d142c8950f57ad4c8f8af565c

WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI was justified in opening its investigation into ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia and did not act with political bias, despite “serious performance failures” up the bureau’s chain of command, the Justice Department’s internal watchdog said in a highly anticipated report Monday. The findings undercut President Donald Trump’s claim that he was the target of a “witch hunt.”

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Why the fuck isn't every Dem not involved in the impeachment hearing screaming to every news outlet today about the President basically selling the Saudis hunting licenses that allow them to kill any Americans they want?

donald-trump.gif

Saudi Royalty is very saddened and aggrieved at this terrible tragedy. They'll send money to the families. I know this because they send lot's of money to my family. They're great people, the Saudi Royalty.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

spacer.png

Neg rep for all 4-circle "Venn Diagrams" that aren't really Venn Diagrams. In above image, for example, there is no universe with intersection of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World that also excludes both A Handmaid's Tale and Nineteen Eighty-Four. A true 4-dimension Venn Diagram cannot be constructed with circles. <end nerd math rant>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Neg rep for all 4-circle "Venn Diagrams" that aren't really Venn Diagrams. In above image, for example, there is no universe with intersection of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World that also excludes both A Handmaid's Tale and Nineteen Eighty-Four. A true 4-dimension Venn Diagram cannot be constructed with circles. <end nerd math rant>

Your mom can be constructed with circles.

Big ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1