Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Neg rep for all 4-circle "Venn Diagrams" that aren't really Venn Diagrams. In above image, for example, there is no universe with intersection of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World that also excludes both A Handmaid's Tale and Nineteen Eighty-Four. A true 4-dimension Venn Diagram cannot be constructed with circles. <end nerd math rant>

I learned something today: that I hate you.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Donald Trump:  "I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia."

1) In 1991 a Saudi Prince bought a Trump yacht for 20 million, saving Trump from bankruptcy

2) In 1995, Trump Plaza Hotel was rescued by a $325 million dollar investment from that same Saudi Prince

3) In 2001, the 45th floor of Trump World Tower was sold to the Saudi government for 45 million dollars

4) In 2017, the Saudi government spent 270,000 dollars at Trump's Washington Hotel and is estimated to have used those rooms for any purpose less than 25% of the time
5) In 2028 Saudi Arabia's crown prince stayed at Trump's hotel in New York and boosted its revenue by 13%

That's why, for Trump, his instinct after the killings in Florida was to protect the Saudis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/07/us/politics/trump-pensacola-saudi-arabia.html

Has Trump used the term "radical Islamic terror" to describe the Saudi attack yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Neg rep for all 4-circle "Venn Diagrams" that aren't really Venn Diagrams. In above image, for example, there is no universe with intersection of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World that also excludes both A Handmaid's Tale and Nineteen Eighty-Four. A true 4-dimension Venn Diagram cannot be constructed with circles. <end nerd math rant>

Um, that's great, but no one called it a Venn diagram but you.

Editors note:  It's actually a Euler diagram.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Don't have the clip but trump said the IG report today proves a coup attempt which you know....it didn't. 

But his supporters will go to their grave insisting that he was right.

You know, the silver lining this hypnosis Trump has over the bottom 35% of the American IQ curve is that he can pull off his own Reichstag Fire without needing to actually set anything on fire.  

Edited by BrickHorn

https://apple.news/AoQtK_6phR4eUiH4RoVsvtA

well that's interesting, Chris Steele of the Steele Dossier, is a Trump family friend. He and Ivanka had a personal relationship. What a small world we live in !

does Steele get a donald trump fist bump for tapping that ass ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

Neg rep for all 4-circle "Venn Diagrams" that aren't really Venn Diagrams. In above image, for example, there is no universe with intersection of Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World that also excludes both A Handmaid's Tale and Nineteen Eighty-Four. A true 4-dimension Venn Diagram cannot be constructed with circles.

Ackchshyually
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I know but it still sucks balls.  The relationship between our unaccountable big tech companies and our unaccountable big military is terrifying AF from a 30k feet perspective.  It is what it is. 

Would you feel better if it was some podunk CloudsIsUs.com outfit that does a few million in business every year, that's owned by some guy who tossed trump a million or two for his inauguration?  Maybe a Prince/DeVos family friend?

And here's the kicker: If it had been any other outfit but Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, or Oracle, they would most likely still be hosting the infrastructure on....drum roll please....Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, or Oracle (well maybe not Oracle).

There are some things you can't get around at this scale.

What with the Judiciary Committee meeting, not a lot was reported regarding the President's roundtable on education choice yesterday. Much of that was because he spent the first six and a half minutes railing on the IG report. Rather than go into the details (which are somewhat important because they are going to rollout some changes in how the Feds handle the $$) I thought I would mention that Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Lt. Gov Dan Patrick were in attendance. Trump gave a shout out to Ted for his rant this weekend:

So that's something. And, by the way, you were great on television this weekend. I admired that very -- you did a fantastic job. Everyone is talking about it in a very positive way, too. So, congratulations, Ted. He's a hater. He's definitely a hater. That came out loud and clear. Congratulations.

Trump forgot to sing his rendition of "You are so beautiful to me" for 'Beautiful Ted formerly known as Lying Ted' as he calls him now.

Today the President will have his hush hush Russia meeting and will travel to his rally tonight in Hershey, PA. Busy day for the traitor.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling

56 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I remember a time that republicans were FURIOUS with Obama when he wouldn’t use that term. Oh what could be different now?

There are a lot of things the Republicans blamed Obama for, or falsely accused him of, that they are now looking the other way when Trump actually does them. Such hypocrites.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

If he wins in 2020 who’s the first rival he tries to throw in jail? Schiff, Pelosi, Hillary? Bill Maher?

He'll try to not have to. Just push enough tweets calling them traitors, then have some crazy people do your work for you. Then he can point and say, "hey, look, those attackers are patriots and sick of the liberal cabal trying to take away your rights."

9 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

He'll try to not have to. Just push enough tweets calling them traitors, then have some crazy people do your work for you. Then he can point and say, "hey, look, those attackers are patriots and sick of the liberal cabal trying to take away your rights."

This is correct.  He needs to keep the bogeymen around until his followers take care of them and then he'll move on to the next target.

53 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If he wins in 2020 who’s the first rival he tries to throw in jail? Schiff, Pelosi, Hillary? Bill Maher?

Eh, he needs foes to war against to keep his base riled up and behind him.  Trump only has power within our current context of belligerent conflict between economic classes, ethnic groups, minorities, religions, etc...  I think it will be a lot of angry, apocalyptic talk to fan the flames with no direct action to put it out.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

The fact that this guy, and his videographer compatriots, is Saudi military should be a huge fucking deal.  

I really can't get over the fact that Trump effectively gave the Saudi military hunting licenses allowing them to kill American troops and...nobody cares. It's insane. Fuck, imagine the response if the shooter had just been some random Mexican immigrant, but the Saudis buy Trump off and everyone is just fine with it.

Call me crazy, but maybe the Dems making "he's abusing his power to personally enrich himself!" a bigger fucking deal might change that.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Eh, he needs foes to war against to keep his base riled up and behind him.  Trump only has power within our current context of belligerent conflict between economic classes, ethnic groups, minorities, religions, etc...  I think it will be a lot of angry, apocalyptic talk to fan the flames with no direct action to put it out.

I'm not that confident.  A nutjob went after Steve Scalise.  There are more than enough right-wing nutjobs to go after Schiff, etc.  All it takes is one.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not that confident.  A nutjob went after Steve Scalise.  There are more than enough right-wing nutjobs to go after Schiff, etc.  All it takes is one.

Yeah, and its an imperfect art.   You want to rile them up just enough to support you even if you were to shoot someone on 5th avenue but not so much that *they* shoot someone on 5th avenue.

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I really can't get over the fact that Trump effectively gave the Saudi military hunting licenses allowing them to kill American troops and...nobody cares. It's insane. Fuck, imagine the response if the shooter had just been some random Mexican immigrant, but the Saudis buy Trump off and everyone is just fine with it.

Call me crazy, but maybe the Dems making "he's abusing his power to personally enrich himself!" a bigger fucking deal might change that.

I hear you. The training program has been in place for quite awhile, but now that it has been targeted, you've got the Secretary of Defense(!) and the President giving T&P and shrugging their shoulders in response: "What can you do? I mean, we love the Saudis. All that oil. We protect the oil you know. Our great war fighters protect the oil. Except when they're murdered on US soil. Then we just go get more war fighters. The King will pay us for the ones we lost."

13 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, and its an imperfect art.   You want to rile them up just enough to support you even if you were to shoot someone on 5th avenue but not so much that *they* shoot someone on 5th avenue.

No, Trump actually wants to rile them up enough that they shoot someone on 5th avenue.  He was never going to do it himself or demand it from his followers directly.  He tries to keep his hands clean.

Make no mistake though, Trump would be absolutely gleeful if a nutjob took out Schiff, Biden, any of the squad, or really anybody else that calls out his bullshit.  You might see a thoughts and prayers tweet that his handlers post from his twitter, but they would keep him out of the public eye and off the internet completely if that happened because there is no way he would be able to conceal his glee.

This is the same guy that wants border patrol to shoot migrants.

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

No, Trump actually wants to rile them up enough that they shoot someone on 5th avenue.  He was never going to do it himself or demand it from his followers directly.  He tries to keep his hands clean.

Make no mistake though, Trump would be absolutely gleeful if a nutjob took out Schiff, Biden, any of the squad, or really anybody else that calls out his bullshit.  You might see a thoughts and prayers tweet that his handlers post from his twitter, but they would keep him out of the public eye and off the internet completely if that happened because there is no way he would be able to conceal his glee.

And if it happened he'd pardon the murderer.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

And if it happened he'd pardon the murderer.

Murder on 5th Avenue is a state crime though.  But I'm sure Barr would try to bring federal charges, get a quick conviction, and a pardon for the guy all on the same day to try to squash any NY charges.  The Trump SCOTUS overturning the separate sovereigns double jeopardy exception on a whim would almost definitely happen too.  It would be easy for them to find the facts to be different from Gamble.  Terance Gamble was a black man after all.

19 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Disagree.  He does not want a full-blown bloody revolution.  There needs to be a kingdom to rule.

8 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Disagree.  He does not want a full-blown bloody revolution.  There needs to be a kingdom to rule.

He doesn't believe that murders like that would cause a revolution.  In the end, he is probably right about that too.

Revolution will only come if people stop being able to put food on the table.  Right now, he could literally seize all power, arrest all Dems in Congress, and most people will just go to work the next day.  The only real threat of revolution comes from his attacks against California's environmental regulations and businesses.  They'll leave before they let LA go back to Beijing level smog.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2