Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This is one hell of a way to characterize an order that effectively declares Jews to be not American.

So now speaking ill of Israel is a crime?  This is how you slip into tyranny.

He'll probably arrest Bernie next time he say we need to review aid to Israel.

This is so infuriating.  I always wondered how Germany slipped into Nazism so quickly.  Once they make the majority fearful of saying something, then they have won.  People will choose silence over death.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This is one hell of a way to characterize an order that effectively declares Jews to be not American.

Not sure I have a problem with giving Jews some form of protected status, especially given the increase in anti-Semitic violence since Trump’s election.  But it strikes me as tone deaf on Trump’s part.  Does he not realize that real anti-Semitism (as opposed to political opposition to Israeli policy) is far more popular with his base than it is with Democrats?

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Not sure I have a problem with giving Jews some form of protected status,

Well, I would assume Jews already constitute a protected class ("race", religion).  The race/religion/nation nexus has always been a bit confounding, but this EO seems like it won't accomplish much good.  It's important to seek Trump's real motivation, which I imagine is a means by which Muslims can be more easily persecuted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Not sure I have a problem with giving Jews some form of protected status, especially given the increase in anti-Semitic violence since Trump’s election.  But it strikes me as tone deaf on Trump’s part.  Does he not realize that real anti-Semitism (as opposed to political opposition to Israeli policy) is far more popular with his base than it is with Democrats?

WTH?  If they wanted to say no discrimination on the basis of religion, fine.   But that's not what the EO does. This is about singling out American Jews, declaring them to be something less than American, and equating Jewishness with the nation of Israel--i.e. accusing American Jews of having dual loyalty, which is anti-semitic in its own right.

If he actually wanted to do something about rising anti-semitism, and spoiler trump doesn't actually give a flying fuck about anti-semitism, he would stop talking about good Nazis, wouldn't have given a virulently anti-semitic speech just a few days ago, would stop spreading Soros fear mongering, and wouldn't complain about his bad hair day while going to a synagogue that was shot up a right wing lunatic.

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I would assume Jews already constitute a protected class ("race", religion).  The race/religion/nation nexus has always been a bit confounding, but this EO seems like it won't accomplish much good.  It's important to seek Trump's real motivation, which I imagine is a means by which Muslims can be more easily persecuted.

Occam’s Razor.  He fucked up a speech to a bunch of Jews a few days ago, he’s not polling well among many Jews.   Spend 5 minutes signing an EO and taking a photo, and as far as he’s concerned, everything will be kosher.  “Somebody says I offended some of you, here’s something to show I care, and now you can do me a favor and vote for me.”

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Occam’s Razor.  He fucked up a speech to a bunch of Jews a few days ago, he’s not polling well among many Jews.   Spend 5 minutes signing an EO and taking a photo, and as far as he’s concerned, everything will be kosher.  “Somebody says I offended some of you, here’s something to show I care, and now you can do me a favor and vote for me.”

He's never gonna poll well with Jews.  According to Pew Research, they run about 64/26/9 (Democrat/Republican/Independent).

You may be right, it may be little more than an attempt to look magnanimous, but most of my Jewish friends are pissed.

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

when your president speaks at a 4th grade level, it's a constant reminder of the importance of education for our children.

It is actually generous to say fourth grade level. I have a first grader that forms better sentences. She also has fewer temper tantrums than Trump even though she is prone to them. To be honest, she has seen Trump speeches and been like wtf, who is this guy.

Trump is a toddler. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Millennials won’t know of a time when Republicans weren’t sucking off the Russians.  

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this is sort of what i find unbelievable. they are content writing off an entire generation or two to attain short term goals. they have no long term strategy. 

Generations really matter.

World War 1 was the war to end all wars. Then it ended. And only 21 years later, and really an entirely different generation at that point, started fighting World War 2.  21 years.  It's nothing really.  I have a copy of Nevermind that is 28 years old.  Now World War 2 was really the "biggest war" for everyone after it. It dwarfed WW1 in deaths even if WW1 had a more brutal warfare type. Everyone that saw WW2 said never again.  Sadly, everyone that saw WW2 is mostly gone now so we are looking at repeating it. 

And I was a super liberal idealistic kid growing up in Reagan's 80s. Now I see only a dystopian future. I know the Boomers have lived too long. I think Gen X will as well. The Millennials aren't gonna have time to save shit.  Maybe they won't even want to when they hand it off to Gen Z anyway. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So I guess we're not talking about the radical Islamic terrorist attack committed on U.S. soil by a member of the Saudi military anymore? Cool.

It is actually shocking. I have long thought that US conservatives had almost no true ideals, but I really did think they had a genuine wrongheaded hate for Muslims. I was wrong. Their Muslim hate is bullshit too.  Because here we have Muslims serving in the military of a Muslim nation that invented Islamic Fundamentalism and bred most of the 911 hijackers. And our POS conservatives still aren't going to man up and face that country. 

It's actually quite simple. Moderate Muslims and everyone else have always had a single problem. Saudi Arabia. They invented Wahhabism.  They continue to support it now.  They need to go. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 3

It is actually shocking. I have long thought that US conservatives had almost no true ideals, but I really did think they had a genuine wrongheaded hate for Muslims. I was wrong. Their Muslim hate is bullshit too.  Because here we have Muslims serving in the military of a Muslim nation that invented Islamic Fundamentalism and bred most of the 911 hijackers. And our POS conservatives still aren't going to man up and face that country. 
It's actually quite simple. Moderate Muslims and everyone else have always had a single problem. Saudi Arabia. They invented Wahhabism.  They continue to support it now.  They need to go. 
This shit right here.

We have plenty of oil but as a nation we are cool supporting these murderous shitbags. Training, weapons, military support - here you go- yes sir.

We don't need them but we bend the fuck over and take it in the ass for no modern reason.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

If you're not sure why Jewish people might be scared about being identified by the government as members of a different nation, maybe research basically the entire history of Jews in Europe.

• Like 2

Our transactional President will complete the "Deal" today, following upon yesterday's Executive Order announcement regarding Americans who are Jewish: this afternoon he and the First Lady (Be Breast!) will participate in a Hanukkah reception in the East Room. At last perhaps, " ... you have to vote for me; you have no choice." he will think he has settled the "Jewish Question."

Prior to that, he will be attending the Swearing In Ceremony of the new Secretary of Energy, Dan Brouillette.

Since Trump was elected and subsequently chosen as Time Person of the Year in 2016, the following have been named during his actual presidency:

• The Silence Breakers of the #MeToo movement (direct shot at President Sexual Assault)
  • The Guardians of the War on Truth
  • Greta Thunberg

And odds on 2020 favorite is whoever beats Trump in November

Image result for greta thunberg trump

Edited by Js1

10 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Generations really matter.

World War 1 was the war to end all wars. Then it ended. And only 21 years later, and really an entirely different generation at that point, started fighting World War 2.  21 years.  It's nothing really.  I have a copy of Nevermind that is 28 years old.  Now World War 2 was really the "biggest war" for everyone after it. It dwarfed WW1 in deaths even if WW1 had a more brutal warfare type. Everyone that saw WW2 said never again.  Sadly, everyone that saw WW2 is mostly gone now so we are looking at repeating it. 

And I was a super liberal idealistic kid growing up in Reagan's 80s. Now I see only a dystopian future. I know the Boomers have lived too long. I think Gen X will as well. The Millennials aren't gonna have time to save shit.  Maybe they won't even want to when they hand it off to Gen Z anyway. 

There's not enough of us Gen X'ers to matter.  Once the Boomers are gone things will be better for both Gen X and The Millennials the world.

Edit:  Fixt for troof.

• Like 1

"Be Breast" is good stuff. Out of rep after so many good posts yesterday. Nice job, Mrs. Whiggins.

I've found that I can still be mildly surprised. This time it's that 60 million Americans rabidly support a man who abused a charity to swindle the rubes or funnel hidden payments to himself from business transactions.

Think about that. Just about anybody else from any political side or economic class would be disgraced to the point of not being elected to county court by the revelation of such an easily digestible story. There are literally hundreds of reasons to spit out Donald Trump (thousands if you throw in the easily provable lies), but this has to be the most simple given for changing your support.

Sixty million Americans can hear this and refuse to digest it or dismiss it out of hand through deflection or fun house mirror reflection (What about Clinton giving away all of America's uranium?). I mean it's right there. No problem with determining meaning of the law or what the actual intent of the accused was.

The fact just lies there like a baby perfectly healthy that, for some reason, won't breathe. Sixty million Americans won't even flinch when they hear the baby struggle nor move to help when they see the baby turn blue. They choose negligent homicide instead of lighting up another rock of MAGA crack that makes them feel so good. They'll take a big one up anus while the baby goes cold and dies just so long as they can feel good about whatever it is they feel good about: victory? Unjustified superiority? Just a nice, simple, dumb world where they, delusionally, see themselves as the big winners?

Yes, I am surprised when I pause to think about this. I thought facts and knowledge would carry at least some weight with anyone exposed to them. As often is the case, I overestimated the abilities I thought common among us all in a country with a public education system.

Mitt Romney traveled with a dog in a cage tied to the roof of his car. The dog is fine, but heartstrings were pulled and he lost support. Trump robbed his own charity and support remains solid.

Wow.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

There's not enough of us Gen X'ers to matter.  Once the Boomers are gone things will be better for both Gen X and The Millennials the world.

Edit:  Fixt for troof.

Thanks, man. We must strive for new and useless ways to divide Americans.  I and all my boomer friends stand with you. Not all of the younger generations stand the same.

I get the resentment. It's justified by the way the younger generations were exploited as a market and enslaved by absurdly high costs of higher education and the malfeasance of the federal government. Many boomer dogs have fleas. Boomers also lead the fight to correct some of this mess.

We were lucky to be born in the time of an enormous economic boom when post war America held 50% of the world market. A lot of that was squandered, no doubt. But we didn't all vote for the bad shit.

You inherit a tougher world to get by in. Tougher in regard to the boom described above. Not tougher than almost any other time in US history. The main crime against your generation is the debt forced upon you that benefits the banks and universities. To graduate college with what would have been a house loan in my day is criminal.

My friend, let's avoid facile thinking and labeling. It's a distraction from the real fights.

8 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

So Trump's plan is to kill half the world's population?  Specifically the brown half?

I suppose the Jews make up the non-brown part of that half (some are, some aren't). They're a nation living within our nation. Ask the Comanche, Sioux, and Cherokee how that works out in the long run.

Let's all join Lee Greenwood in singing about his pride. Or vomit instead.

The Thanos video is kinda creepy. It ends with Pelosi speaking and this black cloud comes and sweeps her away.

Now, tbh, I don't do much with the superhero movies. I love the Deadpool movies and Guardians of the Galaxy (this one not so much at first, but the blue guy and Groot won me over-very sad when the blue guy died)  because they have a lot of humor. My husband watches all the movies, but I don't like to be annoying and come in and ask a zillion questions during a movie because well, that is annoying to the viewer being asked.

So, I'll ask you guys, isn't this Thanos a villain and is the Trump Campaign doing this as a troll? I guess I could see psychologically why that might play well with the "hehe, we're all in on this joke against the libs together" crowd, but over time it seems like it could not age well. At all.

@RomaVictathanks, you're very nice. The 60 million supporters need some Amazing Grace type revelation to clear the propaganda from their senses. They are lost but who knows if they will ever be able to see....

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

It's too much to ask for, but please couldn't the judge have required that to be held in public? You know how the required 'training seminars' for the rich go: they get there, sign something, pretend to be interested for five minutes while the facilitator says 'you all know don't do this again, right? K thanks, we're done here."

So much more fun and instructive(!) if Jacob Wohl, and the Trump Baby Balloon could be there as well as some of the supporters who sent them money. Green shirt guy I would sponsor to be there.

Heck, if you video it you might earn enough to send people a refund...

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, I'll ask you guys, isn't this Thanos a villain and is the Trump Campaign doing this as a troll? I guess I could see psychologically why that might play well with the "hehe, we're all in on this joke against the libs together" crowd, but over time it seems like it could not age well. At all.

Not only is a mass murderer, he's an environmentalist. Just goes to show that Trump's supporters would follow him anywhere.  

It's more than alarming that his campaign has used photoshopped videos of him violently harming people. DO NOT NORMALIZE THIS SHIT.

I don't usually swear, but this is at least the second one in the space of about a month. With a year to go into the campaign. I know what Brisket, et al said, and it's bound to be true about it getting worse, but wow. Who was it that said violent videos and games were 'responsible' for gun violence? Where are those people now?

You can’t make this shit up

Also huge lulz@at the Trumpkin rage on fb. One coworker who I know couldn’t fast walk 100 yards, posted about marching On Washington if congress votes for impeachment. I already know he didn’t vote in 2016 LoLoLoL 

Edited by tx 3 putt

21 hours ago, Captainant said:

meanwhile, good 'ol HTX is happy to let a new chemical plant burst into flame every few months. I'm looking forward to all the new kinds of fish I'll get to catch in the gulf in 30 years.

You can lay the blame for that squarely on the ironically named Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Who will, I'm sure levy a fine of a few thousand dollars on the company, which they will pay for out of their insurance payment. Insurance that was no doubt subsidized by state and/or federal government.

• Like 1