Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

World tuned upside down. DOTUS obstructs justice, believes Putin over our IC, tries to wrest the power of the purse from Congress, declares meaningless Nat'l Emergencies, defies oversight, etc.

And it's the Ds disrespecting the office.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

And there's the triple down. Fuck this guy and fuck his party. You can be a conservative, constitutionalist, libertarian, prolife whatever the fuck you want...just don't think you can be those things in the republican party anymore. It is a white nationalist party. Full stop.

Longorns on the Hill coming up in September in DC. I might go scorched earth there, telling all the hipocryt Texas republicans how I really feel.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, retread said:

World tuned upside down. DOTUS obstructs justice, believes Putin over our IC, tries to wrest the power of the purse from Congress, declares meaningless Nat'l Emergencies, defies oversight, etc.

And it's the Ds disrespecting the office.

And his basket of deplorables eat. it. up. 

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

And there's the triple down. Fuck this guy and fuck his party. You can be a conservative, constitutionalist, libertarian, prolife whatever the fuck you want...just don't think you can be those things in the republican party anymore. It is a white nationalist party. Full stop.

Longorns on the Hill coming up in September in DC. I might go scorched earth there, telling all the hipocryt Texas republicans how I really feel.

I can tell you're posting angry, and there's good reason for that, so I'll just give you credit for knowing there's a "y" in there somewhere.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry T. Spider said:

If I’m reading the numbers right, Dotard already has 56 mil in cash on hand and is fundraising at a brisk pace. Not sure how much it will matter. This election seems different and unpredictable to me. 

It doesn't matter with all the media attention he gets.   It only matters to the extent it confirms that it's the party of trump, and the corporate donors who pretend to be bothered by dotard are in actuality fine with his racism.

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Don't forget sharp, witty, and deft.

I'm not over the moon about her, but she is a refreshing change.  I love that she is a master troll and is currently in the process of reeling in Trump.

She does not lack intellect.  She may lack wisdom, especially the wisdom of years, but she is no idiot, despite what the right wing would have us believe.  It's circumstantial evidence, but if you look at average #'s for Boston University (3.6 GPA, 1380 SAT, ACT 31) you'll see they're for the most part above those of UT (3.68 GPA, 1275 SAT, ACT 29).  That doesn't speak to her specifically, I get it, but combine the general academic rigor of BU with her cum laude achievement (top 30% of graduating class) and we can safely conclude she's not a moron.  Her HS award of 2nd place in Microbiology at the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair furthers the point, as does her Lopez Fellowship.

In short, she's a helluva lot smarter than the dipshits who are calling her stupid.  We have several of those here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

If I’m reading the numbers right, Dotard already has 56 mil in cash on hand and is fundraising at a brisk pace. Not sure how much it will matter. This election seems different and unpredictable to me. 

He raised by himself like 1/3 what the combined field of Democrats raised.  He's touting his combined fundraising with the RNC ($108 million).  The top 20 Democrats raised $131.5 million, without the DNC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dertyberd said:

Fair enough.  It's on my mind because we witnessed the moment it turned yesterday and the GOP strategy for the next year and a half.  I've attempted to be positive on the direction of this country and stay of the politics as much as I can for my own sanity, but this was a seminal moment.  As an educated observer, sure she's going to clean his clock on every argument.  Unfortunately fear overrides everything and we don't exactly have an Obama or a hopeful messenger to truly fight back.  They win in the mud where America lives.    

We certainly agree that the problem is the electorate with the subtext of what has encouraged the electorate to become what it is. You wouldn't have to experience the pain and boredom of sifting through my posts for very long before you came upon my opinion about that.

My guess is that there is no going back. That's a grim thought. A widely shared grim thought in these parts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

I need to shift to work but appreciate Nate Silver's take. He always has nice well-informed insight.

Nate is spot-on.  Hate and racism is a winning strategy because - where it matters - we are a hateful, racist, POS country.  It is our brand, we wear it and wave it proudly.....

3wpxcb7eejnx.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&au

• Like 3

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nate is kind of a dumbass that often gets credit for stating the obvious.  Lol at “white working class” now being synonymous with racist assholes.

Well, to be fair, the last couple of years have made it clear that the Venn diagram of those two groups is pretty much just two overlapping circles.  

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Well, to be fair, the last couple of years have made it clear that the Venn diagram of those two groups is pretty much just two overlapping circles.  

The white working class in this country is outnumbered, even in many red states.

The non-white and non-working class white votes can beat them anywhere if they just vote.

16 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I seriously don’t think I’ve ever despised a person as much as I do Trump.

If I were ever within earshot of his bloated head I would.......well, let’s just say the creativity of my cussing would never be topped.

Oh, I have.  Trump is a mentally ill, demented moron.  Which is not to excuse him from also being a horrible human being.

But even worse than trump are all his many enablers.  They know he's cruel, racist, stupid, and so on, and yet they prop him up.  

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Oh, I have.  Trump is a mentally ill, demented moron.  Which is not to excuse him from also being a horrible human being.

But even worse than trump are all his many enablers.  They know he's cruel, racist, stupid, and so on, and yet they prop him up.  

My right wing family says "oh he's just not a politician! He's new to this and he's trying really hard!". 

Same people think Barack and Michelle are actual spawns of Satan. 

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nate is spot-on.  Hate and racism is a winning strategy because - where it matters - we are a hateful, racist, POS country.  It is our brand, we wear it and wave it proudly.....

exactly.  Don't underestimate the power of the redneck, the angry white masses.  This is the defining trait of the American public,  a decreasing one, but the numbers are very strong and they vote more than others.  

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Fuck them. 

If America survives Trump, there is an election coming soon where a LOT of old, male, white Rs will be sent packing. Maybe not '20 or '22, but it's coming.

Edited by retread

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The Civil War was not about slavery.

The Stars and Bars is just about Southern Pride it has nothing to do with racism.

Narrator: Sheesh

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

exactly.  Don't underestimate the power of the redneck, the angry white masses.  This is the defining trait of the American public,  a decreasing one, but the numbers are very strong and they vote more than others.  

No it's the "evangelicals" who vote at 150% of their actual % of the population. 

Fuck them. 

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The Civil War was not about slavery.

The Stars and Bars is just about Southern Pride it has nothing to do with racism.

Narrator: Sheesh

Even if we accept that as fact, it is still about supporting treason.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NowThis said:

If all it takes is showing up and voting to beat them, why doesn’t that happen?

we should be working towards making voting easier, but as it stands there’s early voting to help out with the traveling/working on Election Day crowd. 

I’ll be looking forward to the turnout next year. 

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The worst part about white people is that all of them paint other ethnic groups with a broad brush!

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No it's the "evangelicals" who vote at 150% of their actual % of the population. 

Fuck them. 

they help your people immensely though. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If all it takes is showing up and voting to beat them, why doesn’t that happen?

we should be working towards making voting easier, but as it stands there’s early voting to help out with the traveling/working on Election Day crowd. 

I’ll be looking forward to the turnout next year. 

i happened to be driving through some small Arkansas town a few days before Election Day 2016. In this small town, the damn early voting line stretched around the building, probably 400-500 people. Wow, i knew then Trump was going to win. 

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Kellyanne asks Jewish reporter what his ethnicity is:

Remember how the fucking President of the United States said that a sitting federal judge should not be allowed to consider a specific case because of his ethnic HERITAGE?  I remember.  Racial purity tests under this admin have been a thing since the beginning, and it's only going to get worst.

If you support this administration, you support active racism fomented by the State.  The fact is beyond any reasonable debate.

• Like 2

While the entire world debates whether or not this man is a racist asshole, real problems go unaddressed. Deficits are skyrocketing, June was the warmest June on record worldwide, it appears that July is going to be the warmest July on record, and Trump jets around golfing and sending out 30 tweets/retweets in two hours.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

While the entire world debates whether or not this man is a racist asshole, real problems go unaddressed. Deficits are skyrocketing, June was the warmest June on record worldwide, it appears that July is going to be the warmest July on record, and Trump jets around golfing and sending out 30 tweets/retweets in two hours.

It's the greatest reality TV show on the planet.  It's what the President wanted. He gets to dictate the news of the day, every day.  Something negative comes up?  He tosses out a distraction.  Once the distraction wears off?  He comes up with a new one, or recycles one from a few weeks/months ago.  Rinse, repeat.  This is governing.  This is ratings.  To him, they are all the same thing.

We (aside from his loyal following) are just subjected to the mindbending horror, incompetence and overall stupidity on display daily.  And I do hope it comes to an end in January 2021, but it won't...even if he is voted out.  Because his megaphone isn't going to be taken away, and he will just blather on endlessly and stoke the emotions of the flock.  

He's the ultimate carny. We (er, most of us here) all look around at our friends and family and coworkers and wonder "what the hell is it?'  or "what will it take?".  The answer to these questions is nothing.  Because sadly, this is entertainment to them.  Trump took the office of the President and turned it into reality television.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 6