Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

Who brags about only being liked by half the country? Watch out when(if) he hits 51% and he'll screaming a majority of the people like him.

He cannot help himself from being a shitbag asshole.  It's in his DNA, it's the only thing he knows.

Sadly so many people like the Slorches and Aggys of the world think that's what it means to be a man and to be American.

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Then answer my question.

This seems more xenophobic and un-american than specifically racist. 

But Trump has spewed much racist nonsense in the past. I think he is a racist. 

It was answered multiple times on the previous pages.  If you were serious about finding an answer, rather than just trolling, you would have seen that.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

Looking at Trump 2020 (if he makes it that far). I think he would be wise to push for legalization of marijuana. 

1.) His base is against the move...until Trump is for it. So no problem there.

2.) Young people are one of his biggest problems and if you take an issue they care about off the table a bunch of them will stay home (yes I think many are that shitty), especially if some purple states have ballot measures for leagalization in 2020.

U.S. public opinion on legalizing marijuana, 1969-2018

6 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Sadly so many people like the Slorches and Aggys of the world think that's what it means to be a man and to be American.

This is one of my favorite parts of this whole thing.  People like slorch, who didn't go to aggy, surely make fun of them for everything they do... yet, somehow think that politics is the one area where aggy has it all figured out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Looking at Trump 2020 (if he makes it that far). I think he would be wise to push for legalization of marijuana. 

2.) Young people are one of his biggest problems and if you take an issue they care about off the table a bunch of them will stay home (yes I think many are that shitty), especially if some purple states have ballot measures for leagalization in 2020.

The problem is he's a teetotaler and doesn't know the difference between cannabis and other fun drugs that should be legalized immediately.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The problem is he's a teetotaler and doesn't know the difference between cannabis and other fun drugs that should be legalized immediately.

I don't think he really cares if it's a good strategy to get him re-elected and one of his advisers mentions it.

Edited by SimonBolivar

It’s an interesting thought.  He’d lose some culture warrior olds who live their life in fear of the yoots because of it, but I bet the young vote offset would be big. 

My guess is the risk to him is the D candidate saying he’d do it too.  Then Trump just loses the olds. 

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is one of my favorite parts of this whole thing.  People like slorch, who didn't go to aggy, surely make fun of them for everything they do... yet, somehow think that politics is the one area where aggy has it all figured out.

Yeah, if you find yourself on the same side of Trump as 90% of aggy, you might want to rethink your position. 

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It’s an interesting thought.  He’d lose some culture warrior olds who live their life in fear of the yoots because of it, but I bet the young vote offset would be big. 

My guess is the risk to him is the D candidate saying he’d do it too.  Then Trump just loses the olds. 

My thought is that anyone who has marijuana legalization as their BIG ISSUE already tends to lean Democrat.  I don't think there are many young people dying to vote Republican, but are refraining because of their stance on marijuana.  It may make some young Republican voters feel better about the vote that they were always going to cast, but I doubt there's much to gain there.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My thought is that anyone who has marijuana legalization as their BIG ISSUE already tends to lean Democrat.  I don't think there are many young people dying to vote Republican, but are refraining because of their stance on marijuana.  It may make some young Republican voters feel better about the vote that they were always going to cast, but I doubt there's much to gain there.

The theory is that there are plenty of college age kids who view it as a fairly big deal in their bubble and the issue can get them to the ballot box. If he takes the issue off the table they're more likely to stay at home and not vote for a D. I think the olds won't care if he spins it as an economic benefit that he was the first one to think of or some BS. 

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

The theory is that there are plenty of college age kids who view it as a fairly big deal in their bubble and the issue can get them to the ballot box. If he takes the issue off the table they're more likely to stay at home and not vote for a D. I think the olds won't care if he spins it as an economic benefit that he was the first one to think of or some BS. 

Ah, I see what you're saying.  Not 100% sure it would work, but certainly a better plan that whatever the fuck he is doing now.

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Wonder what would happen if Trump were accused by a victim of child rape. Another meaningless resolution? 

Discussing it on the House floor would be unparliamentary, so no resolution either.

44 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

This gets to one of the bigger questions with Trump.  Why hasn't he done ANYTHING for general population.  Trump could literally pass single payer healthcare right now and get re-elected.  The Republicans wouldn't dare buck him on it and the democrats would be forced to go along with it. 

Most ruthless dictators enact some widely popular policy early on to neutralize any threat from the population while they consolidate power.  Kim Il Sung did it in North Korea and Mussolini did it in Italy.   I guess our Dotard is just too incompetent for something like that.  

What I've seen from past pages (giving reasons, not conclusions, i.e., saying "I know racism when I see it" doesn't provide a reason, even if the statement is true) is that the primary reason is that Trump wouldn't/didn't say the same thing to white European immigrants/non-native Americans. Which seems to imply what, I don't know.

It's also interesting that if one uses the argument that Trump's assertion that native-born women of color "originally came" from other countries is racist, then why isn't the term "African-American" also inherently racist? 

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

4 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

What I've seen from past pages (giving reasons, not conclusions, i.e., saying "I know racism when I see it" doesn't provide a reason, even if the statement is true) is that the primary reason is that Trump wouldn't/didn't say the same thing to white European immigrants/non-native Americans. Which seems to imply what, I don't know.

It's also interesting that if one uses the argument that Trump's assertion that native-born women of color "originally came" from other countries is racist, then why isn't the term "African-American" also inherently racist? 

Why don't you go back and watch the clip in Pancho's post? If you don't get it then, you're a lost cause.

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Yeah, here's the problem. If someone treats people of other races and ethnicities badly, insults them, disparages them, or ridicules them based on their origin while never treating people of their race and ethnicity badly in the same context, that implies racism. Saying "which seems to imply what, I don't know" immediately after discussing that kind of behavior just makes you sound stupid. So congratulations.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

This is very "but why male models?" series of posts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

source.gif

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, here's the problem. If someone treats people of other races and ethnicities badly, insults them, disparages them, or ridicules them based on their origin while never treating people of their race and ethnicity badly in the same context, that implies racism. Saying "which seems to imply what, I don't know" immediately after discussing that kind of behavior just makes you sound stupid. So congratulations.

there's also more than a healthy dollop of misogyny to go along with the racism sundae that i think is going largely overlooked.

he can't stand that these four women (of color) have any power at all. they should know their racial and gender place. like melania.

• Like 9

imo Trump's comments at the Cabinet meeting yesterday were equally disgusting.

The president’s disparagement of Omar and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) have been offered only in broad strokes. The group is “anti-Israel, anti-USA, pro-terrorist” and swears, Trump claimed, a group that has said “filthy and hate laced things” — “some of the most vile, hateful, and disgusting things ever said by a politician in the House or Senate.”

What exactly are those statements? If you're going to make accusations like that against sitting Congresswomen, at least quote them. /pollyanna

*ah well, nevertheless*

Just now, retread said:

imo Trump's comments at the Cabinet meeting yesterday were equally disgusting.

What exactly are those statements? If you're going to make accusations like that against sitting Congresswomen, at least quote them. /pollyanna

*ah well, nevertheless*

"Filthy."

"Disgusting."

"Dirty."

Anyone who studies the greatest hits of murderous, racist dictators recognizes these buzz words.

• Like 1

"Look guys, there were dozens of people in a group all doing the same thing. This guy picked out the minorities and insulted them and told them to go back where they came from. He did not insult the white ones or tell them to go back where they came from. Are you guys saying that implies something? I don't know what it could imply. My mind is boggled. I am truly stumped. Just flummoxed, I tell you."

• Like 7

Then answer my question.
This seems more xenophobic and un-american than specifically racist. 
But Trump has spewed much racist nonsense in the past. I think he is a racist. 

Telling people from America to go back to a country that they aren’t actually from is a statement that non-Anglo Americans are somehow lesser. It’s a denial that they are actually “from here” because their ancestry goes back to brown parts of the world.

White supremacists and skinheads OFTEN tell Black Americans to “go back to Africa”, and it’s racist AF.
  • Like 3

Hmm, good question. Tell you what, how about we run an experiment. Go up to a random African-American, say, BJ Foster, and tell him to go back to Africa. Report back to us if he found that offensive or racist.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

"Look guys, there were dozens of people in a group all doing the same thing. This guy picked out the minorities and insulted them and told them to go back where they came from. He did not insult the white ones or tell them to go back where they came from. Are you guys saying that implies something? I don't know what it could imply. My mind is boggled. I am truly stumped. Just flummoxed, I tell you."

It’s a mystery, wrapped in a riddle, inside a cocoon of enigma.

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If you were to tell a co-worker, at work, ‘go back to their country’, what would be response from HR ?

I guess we can add 'vicious' to this list. Young American D women who want to make America better, and this is the treatment they get...

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

"Filthy." "Disgusting." "Dirty." Anyone who studies the greatest hits of murderous, racist dictators recognizes these buzz words.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, retread said:

I guess we can add 'vicious' to this list. Young American D women who want to make America better, and this is the treatment they get...

Considering every Karen in HR in this country voted for Trump, I wouldn't put much stock in the EEOC.  

33 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Since you don't appear to be capable of making more than the most superficial of arguments, what rationale other than race do you propose for Trump's professed belief that AOC, Tlaib, and Pressley were born in foreign countries?   Keeping in mind that Trump did not offer any in his repeated comments on this topic since then. 

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Since you don't appear to be capable of making more than the most superficial of arguments, what rationale other than race do you propose for Trump's professed belief that AOC, Tlaib, and Pressley were born in foreign countries?   Keeping in mind that Trump did not offer any in his repeated comments on this topic since then. 

Well Obama was born in a foreign country so it just goes to follow that the squad was, too.