Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

It's amazing the logical backbends that people will do to protect other people from accusations of racism.

It's because they take it personally.  Which, in turn, is because they believe the same racist things that Trump is saying. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

What I've seen from past pages (giving reasons, not conclusions, i.e., saying "I know racism when I see it" doesn't provide a reason, even if the statement is true) is that the primary reason is that Trump wouldn't/didn't say the same thing to white European immigrants/non-native Americans. Which seems to imply what, I don't know.

It's also interesting that if one uses the argument that Trump's assertion that native-born women of color "originally came" from other countries is racist, then why isn't the term "African-American" also inherently racist? 

This is why all the discussion about bringing Trumpkins back into the fold is ridiculous. They are lost. Either through stupidity, ignorance, or bigotry. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's because they take it personally.  Which, in turn, is because they believe the same racist things that Trump is saying. 

True. It's fucking ridiculous. They're basically saying "Look, I want to be a racist POS...but I want to be able to do so comfortably, like in the old days, and it makes me uncomfortable when you call me a racist"

• Like 3

Trump and his administration is methodically dismantling with purpose the best and brightest in our federal workforce. Some anti-tax/anti-government radicals likely see this as a good thing, but anyone who understands the mission and value of what these agencies do should be deeply concerned.

Scientists Desert USDA As Agency Relocates To Kansas City Area

Two vital research agencies at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are hemorrhaging staff as less than two-thirds of the researchers asked to relocate from Washington to the Kansas City area have agreed to do so.

When U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the planned new location of the research agencies last month, he said it "will be placing important USDA resources closer to many stakeholders" and "increasing the probability of attracting highly-qualified staff with training and interests in agriculture."

The USDA gave employees until just before midnight on Monday to notify their employers whether they planned to accept the relocation.

On Tuesday, a USDA spokesperson told NPR that at ERS, 72 employees accepted relocation and 99 declined or did not respond. At NIFA, the spokesperson said 73 accepted and 151 declined or did not respond. That means the total number that accepted is about 36% of those reported.

An ex-employee of ERS recently told Morris that "efforts by the secretary ... have just destroyed morale." He said the way the agency is run has become increasingly partisan, and he resigned after the surprise announcement about relocations.

"I think it's had its intended effect. People have left, morale is low. The agency will take a long time to recover from the damage that's been inflicted," the former employee told Morris.

Some of ERS' recent studies, as Morris noted, may be politically uncomfortable for the Trump administration:

"ERS studies, for instance, concluded that the 2017 tax cuts championed by the administration would most benefit the richest farmers, and that the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which Trump wants to cut, is good for the economy."

Perdue said last month that the move would save the USDA some $300 million. That number has been met with skepticism by some analysts. The Agricultural & Applied Economics Association estimated the relocation would actually cost taxpayers between $83 million and $182 million, partially due to the lost value of the research from staffers who decide not to move.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Trump and his administration is methodically dismantling with purpose the best and brightest in our federal workforce. Some anti-tax/anti-government radicals likely see this as a good thing, but anyone who understands the mission and value of what these agencies do should be deeply concerned.

This shit didn't start with Trump. This is yet another example of why Ronald Reagan was one of the most destructive presidents in American history.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

This shit didn't start with Trump. This is yet another example of why Ronald Reagan was one of the most destructive presidents in American history.

Everyone is fine with "cutting down the gubmint" until it's their ox that's being gored.  What it will take is some catastrophe (say, a variety of 737 MAX-like issues) across various agencies until the stakeholders say, "Hey wait a minute.  Isn't agency X supposed to be overseeing that?"  And there will be a pushback of "Yes, but you wanted smaller government."  And so the pendulum will swing.

So Al Green end arounds Pelosi by filing articles of impeachment as a priviledged motion, forcing a full house vote on some form of dealing with the measure.  Everyone in the House gets to go on record by end of day tomorrow. Does Nancy allow them to punt it to Judiciary or just kill it. I'm going with it ends up in Judiciary. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/trump-impeachment-house-vote/index.html

(CNN)A leading Democratic proponent of impeaching President Donald Trump says the House is expected to vote Wednesday on his resolution aiming to oust the President from office, in what amounts to the most direct challenge yet to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's handling of the impeachment question.

Texas Rep. Al Green's resolution faces long odds, but the vote nevertheless presents a dilemma for impeachment supporters and moderate Democrats alike, as it will put them on the record in what's likely to be a vote to either kill the resolution or refer it to the Judiciary Committee.

Edited by Anastasis

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

there's also more than a healthy dollop of misogyny to go along with the racism sundae that i think is going largely overlooked.

he can't stand that these four women (of color) have any power at all. they should know their racial and gender place. like melania.

I think focusing on racism is political strategy by the GOPs because they don't want to focus on the President of the United States suggesting citizens of the US who are elected representatives should return to the countries of their heritage. They don't want to talk about the literally hateful language Trump has used.

By challenging the racism claim, Trumpist GOPs can go to the tried and true: Libs accuse everyone of racism; Trump didn't use an ethnic slur; Racist? Racist? You're the racist! All with a wink about these being women of color who are dumb and bringing down this greatest of countries that we all love and never want to see change into the country we tell ourselves it is. We're all about the freedom and equality. Fuck your feelings, snowflake. We can build more concentration camps, ya know.

A giant iron cage filled with the treasonous element. A slow voyage to the North Atlantic in winter with the cage strapped to the open deck. Slide the cage into the sea.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think focusing on racism is political strategy by the GOPs because they don't want to focus on the President of the United States suggesting citizens of the US who are elected representatives should return to the countries of their heritage. They don't want to talk about the literally hateful language Trump has used.

By challenging the racism claim, Trumpist GOPs can go to the tried and true: Libs accuse everyone of racism; Trump didn't use an ethnic slur; Racist? Racist? You're the racist! All with a wink about these being women of color who are dumb and bringing down this greatest of countries that we all love and never want to see change into the country we tell ourselves it is. We're all about the freedom and equality. Fuck your feelings, snowflake. We can build more concentration camps, ya know.

A giant iron cage filled with the treasonous element. A slow voyage to the North Atlantic in winter with the cage strapped to the open deck. Slide the cage into the sea.

That is some dark shit RV.  

55 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If you were to tell a co-worker, at work, ‘go back to their country’, what would be response from HR ?

Depends, but I wouldn't put any faith at all in HR or upper management doing a thing.  There are a lot of people in those roles applauding Trump.

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Looking at Trump 2020 (if he makes it that far). I think he would be wise to push for legalization of marijuana. 

1.) His base is against the move...until Trump is for it. So no problem there.

2.) Young people are one of his biggest problems and if you take an issue they care about off the table a bunch of them will stay home (yes I think many are that shitty), especially if some purple states have ballot measures for leagalization in 2020.

U.S. public opinion on legalizing marijuana, 1969-2018

his Dem challenger will cancel him out because whomever the likely candidate is, that's probably already on their platform.

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Make America Great Again distilled into its real meaning.

it really was the ultimate racist dog whistle. the message is essentially motivating his supporters to think of the leave it to beaver days of the 50s and early 60s. before the blacks and mexicans got all uppity and ruined the social order of the day.

trump says a TON of racist shit in between the lines. occasionally the mask slips, but mostly, he's actually pretty clever in how he appeals to his racist base.

and make no mistake, whether his supporters either realize it or would admit it, there is absolutely an element of racism in their support for trump. 

to me, there is no argument on this front.

i have always maintained that racism is alive and well in america, back to the old site. i even believe there is a not insignificant cadre of racist posters on this site. you can spot them when someone brown does something terrible. they never seem to post in the someone white does something terrible threads.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Me:  “So what is your opinion of President Trump telling non-Caucasian Democrat congresswomen to go back to the countries of their ethnic ancestry?”

Female Republican: “Well, the President never...”

Me:  “SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FIX ME TURKEY POT PIE!!!”

Me:  Mr Trump, can you explain why your labor secretary let a child sex predator — a man you socialized with many times during the height of his predation — off the hook when he was a US Attorney?

Trump:  ALEXANDRIA OMAR-TLAIB SHOULD GO THE FUCK BACK TO AFRICA!!

Edited by Goredho

58 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

They voted for him because he spoke like them. They will defend him because he continues to speak like them. 

exactly.  its why his support among Republicans has gone up since this latest set of racist statements. 

“You mean we can say this stuff in public now?  This is fucking great!  Trump is incredible, look what he’s doing for us - destroying PC and totally owning the libs with open and obvious hatred and racism!”

- Republicans 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it really was the ultimate racist dog whistle. the message is essentially motivating his supporters to think of the leave it to beaver days of the 50s and early 60s. before the blacks and mexicans got all uppity and ruined the social order of the day.

trump says a TON of racist shit in between the lines. occasionally the mask slips, but mostly, he's actually pretty clever in how he appeals to his racist base.

and make no mistake, whether his supporters either realize it or would admit it, there is absolutely an element of racism in their support for trump. 

i have always maintained that racism is alive and well in america, back to the old site. i even believe there is a not insignificant cadre of racist posters on this site. you can spot them when someone brown does something terrible. they never seem to post in the someone white does something terrible threads.

And this narrative, based on conjecture, stereotypes, speculation and outright lies, is exactly why you will get 4 more years of Trump. 

57 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

What Trump is doing with his elevated racist attacks is moving the Overton Window.

69AFC7E8-3C5B-4611-981E-863CDFF59016_zps

He’s making racism more mainstream and publicly acceptable which also makes it more dangerous and harmful. 

Liz Warren made a subtle but important point yesterday when she was asked if Trump was a racist and she said it’s not important if he’s a racist.  

What’s important is the real world impact of the racist things he’s saying and doing.  Racism doesn’t do much damage when it’s dormant but when it’s weaponized with language and policy from the most powerful office in the land, the consequences can be catastrophic to a society.  

It doesn’t make a difference if Trump is a racist in his heart or just using racism as political tool, the effect is the same when he’s messaging racism. 

Also, this latest episode was another subtle loyalty test for the Republicans in Congress. Trump does these often because he needs to be reassured of his power so he tests the system for vulnerabilities.  I don’t think he does this consciously, it’s just part of his personality disorder. 

He’s going to keep pushing on the racist rhetoric.  Trump will be calling Maxine Waters a stupid monkey before the end of the year or something to that effect and the Republicans will deny it was racist again.  Trump will keep moving the Overton Window and gaslighting the population throughout the election season.  This is going to get much worse because there’s no one stopping him.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

And this narrative, based on conjecture, stereotypes, speculation and outright lies, is exactly why you will get 4 more years of Trump. 

i'm sorry racist republicans don't like being called out as racist.

trump is an idiot, but he knows how to work an audience. he knows a significant number of his base are older white people who are racist. they've reached their peak voting age. 

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/04/behind-2018-united-states-midterm-election-turnout.html

the only age demographic that votes at a higher than 50% clip are the olds. 

but take a look at that 2018 18-29 and 30-49 cohort increase for 2018.

if that momentum continues into 2020, trump is done, no matter how many trump supporters get offended by being called racists or deplorables.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Hayden was right, the racists are easy to spot.

Which ones? The posters that brush off transgressions committed against a POC or the ones suggesting that being white carries an implicit racial bias in every interaction and have the audacity to disagree with that opinion?

I agree, it's pretty easy to spot.

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Which ones? The posters that brush off transgressions committed against a POC or the ones suggesting that being white carries an implicit racial bias in every interaction and have the audacity to disagree with that opinion?

I agree, it's pretty easy to spot.

Who said being white makes you a racist?  

I think people are saying that talking and acting like a racist makes you a racist.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What Trump is doing with his elevated racist attacks is moving the Overton Window.

69AFC7E8-3C5B-4611-981E-863CDFF59016_zps

He’s making racism more mainstream and publicly acceptable which also makes it more dangerous and harmful. 

Liz Warren made a subtle but important point yesterday when she was asked if Trump was a racist and she said it’s not important if he’s a racist.  

What’s important is the real world impact of the racist things he’s saying and doing.  Racism doesn’t do much damage when it’s dormant but when it’s weaponized with language and policy from the most powerful office in the land, the consequences can be catastrophic to a society.  

It doesn’t make a difference if Trump is a racist in his heart or just using racism as political tool, the effect is the same when he messaging racism. 

Also, this latest episode was another subtle loyalty test for the Republicans in Congress. Trump does these often because he needs to be reassured of his power so he tests the system for vulnerabilities.  I don’t think he does this consciously, it’s just part of his personality disorder. 

He’s going to keep pushing on the racist rhetoric.  Trump will be calling Maxine Waters a stupid monkey before the end of the year or something to that effect and the Republicans will deny it was racist again.  Trump will keep moving the Overton Window and gaslighting the population throughout the election season.  This is going to get much worse because there’s no one stopping him.

And throw another reason why trump is gonna lose in 2020 log on the pile. 

Sure using overly racist language will help him in the south, and among neo Nazis, and among ignorant whites in the Dallas exurbs, and among 90 percent of the white nationalist/republican party. Those assholes are gonna vote for trump in 2020 no matter what. Who cares. 

Where moving from illegal immigrants only rhetoric  to overtly racist rhetoric will hurt him is among Obama/trump voters in the Midwest who aren’t comfortable with overt racist talk and will go back to their Obama roots so long as the dems don’t nominate Hillary again. 

And then trump loses. 

i never understood why people use the shine box as a shit talking example of finality. 

billy batts ended up beaten within an inch of his life, then stabbed to death in a trunk, then put in a shallow grave, exhumed and reburied somewhere else.

BUT HE SURE SHOWED TOMMY.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i never understood why people use the shine box as a shit talking example of finality. 

billy batts ended up beaten within an inch of his life, then stabbed to death in a trunk, then put in a shallow grave, exhumed and reburied somewhere else.

BUT HE SURE SHOWED TOMMY.

"Hey, what do you want from me?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Do you hear how stupid this sounds?

No, I do not. People that form their own opinion, which may conflict with a social narrative, may not be amped to vote in a candidate that furthers said false narrative. This creates the "Anyone but (Insert candidate)" crowd on both sides of the aisle.