Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

The new requirements apparently apply only to non-disabled individuals without children.  They require that anyone receiving more than 3 months of food stamps over a 36 month period to work at least 20 hours a week, unless the local unemployment rate is higher than a certain threshold.

I am not quite sure what I am supposed to be outraged about. Seems fairly reasonable to me.  Biggest downside would appear to be increased administrative requirements. 

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The new requirements apparently apply only to non-disabled individuals without children.  They require that anyone receiving more than 3 months of food stamps over a 36 month period to work at least 20 hours a week, unless the local unemployment rate is higher than a certain threshold.

I am not quite sure what I am supposed to be outraged about. Seems fairly reasonable to me.  Biggest downside would appear to be increased administrative requirements. 

Is "work" only paid labor?

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

The "only deep respect" closing tells me he knows that the clip of Johnson, Macron, etc making fun of him went viral.

what you're seeing is not what you're seeing.  these are tough times, and you cannot trust your own eyes.  

#onlydeeprespect

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i feel like there's a long book called "responsibilities of nato" and chapter 1 covers dues.  then he stopped reading.  because that's all he fucking talks about.

In the NATO handbook (no longer updated) Chapter 4 discusses funded resources, budgets and financial management. No way he made it that far.

Trump picks up a few buzzwords and makes the rest up.

I am currently watching Amanpour interview Kay Bailey who gets to defend the Trump doctrine on TV.

Amanpour: President Trump shoved his thumb up his ass while hissing at fellow NATO leaders. Why would he do that?

Kay Bailey: What the President is saying is that the higher law argued by Cicero is the basis of the Grotian tradition of international law which is what the President wants to strengthen.

Amanpour: I see. Thank you.

• Like 2

Or maybe fuckface could not golf one extra day at his property on our dime.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Or maybe fuckface could not golf one extra day at his property on our dime.

I'm pretty sure they could stop routing military personnel through his resorts and use that savings to fund SNAP. Probably have enough left over to increase benefits.

• Like 1

The President retweeted this. While I am of the opinion that underage children of a President should be off limits, the commentary surrounding this has gone off the charts but then distraction is the name of the game. The Trumps should be glad that a toy company has not created a Baron doll like Ty did when they debuted Sasha and Malia dolls in 2009. Mrs. Obama was not too happy about that...

Today the President will meet with the UN Security Council and then join the First Lady in the afternoon for the Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

How so?  Should it be off limits to utter the names of the President’s children?  Because the professor did little more than that, and this manufactured RepublicN outrage is ludicrous.  These assholes support locking children up in cages, yet are morally incensed at the mere mention of one kid’s name?  Just more GOP self-righteous hypocrisy.  

Well, you have to remember, these are the worst people.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s clean the swamp now?

A lot of cock-eyed optimists rush into Washington and think they are just gonna drain it on day one.  But you see, we have to build to that

23 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

How so?  Beyond official events scheduled with the parents, the press should keep their distance. Should it be off limits to utter the names of the President’s children?  No, that would be weird. Because the professor did little more than that, and this manufactured Republican outrage is ludicrous.  Yes, it is, and this is part of what I'm alluding to in that the media is going to whirl this up into something the child had nothing to do with. The prof apologized, it is over. These assholes support locking children up in cages, yet are morally incensed at the mere mention of one kid’s name?  Just more GOP self-righteous hypocrisy.  

A lot of cock-eyed optimists rush into Washington and think they are just gonna drain it on day one.  But you see, we have to build to that

There is only one way to drain it - one elected official at a time that refuses to participate. Career state department, intelligence community, staffers at all the various agencies, etc aren’t the problem, the problem folks are elected leaders and the entourage of appointed and hired loyalists that come with elected officials. Anyone that claims they can drain the swamp - meaning they will control others - is full of it. Focus on your own self and who you bring to DC and support others who commit to govern with real integrity.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

How so?  Should it be off limits to utter the names of the President’s children?  Because the professor did little more than that, and this manufactured Republican outrage is ludicrous.  These assholes support locking children up in cages, yet are morally incensed at the mere mention of one kid’s name?  Just more GOP self-righteous hypocrisy.  

You're exactly right.  It was a trifling comment uttered by a political amateur.  In no way did it do anything to call her testimony in question.  It was ill-advised, but that's what happens when you put people up on testimony for 8 hours.  It's not like we didn't already know her politics.

I wish she hadn't have said it because it just created a talking point that the right can run with, but ultimately, they would have picked a talking point, regardless, and it would have been deflective in nature.  This one was just served right over the plate.  It happens.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wish she hadn't have said it because it just created a talking point that the right can run with, but ultimately, they would have picked a talking point, regardless, and it would have been deflective in nature.

That’s the key.  The right answer is not to self-censor.  That only prevents you from making the points you need to make in the way you think is best to make them.  The right approach is to tell the GOP to fuck off when they go into their faux outrage routine, and to point out their hypocrisy and snowflakery.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the key.  The right answer is not to self-censor.  That only prevents you from making the points you need to make in the way you think is best to make them.  The right approach is to tell the GOP to fuck off when they go into their faux outrage routine, and to point out their hypocrisy and snowflakery.

We should note that the right wing fauxrage of the day makes no note of her subsequent apology.