Insomnia

jofus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I truly feel for y'all.  About 7 years ago, I went to the doctor thinking that I had a pretty severe case of restless legs.  

I was put on a prescrip that seemed to make the issue better for a few months.  Problem was, I had to raise the dose up a few miligrams every few months.  After I got to the recommended max, I was switched to another med.  This began 4 years of absolute anguish as each med seemed to make everything worse.  Suffice to say it got bad enough that I'd often get an hour of sleep every night, I couldn't sit still long enough to watch a movie, I couldn't be the passenger in a car, etc..  I was truly in hell.  According to the forums at rls.org, the next step for me might have been low doses of opiods - something I absolutely did not want to try.

So about two years ago to this week, I flushed everything I had down the toilet.  I figured nothing could be worse than what I was going through WITH medication.  Guess what?  After about 2 days, I was completely cured.  I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.  Apparently, the meds that were supposed to help were actually antagonizing the issue.

Point being?  Be very careful with prescrips and short-term fixes.  I hope y'all find peaceful sleep sooner rather than later.  I know how truly awful it is to be completely exhausted and unable to sleep.

I think part of the problem I have sleeping is sleep apnea. I've never been tested or diagnosed or whatever the hell you get, but people always bitch about my snoring. That doesn't have anything to do with me not going to sleep. I just can't shut my mind down. More accurately, it doesn't want to shut down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have issues only being able to sleep 2-3 hours at a time.  When I do get to sleep I'm out like a light, I can sleep through a tornado siren going off right above my house.  I never hear alarms.

Fucks me up so bad If I wake up at 3am I just stay up because I won't hear the alarm and wind up really really late to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:00 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

It is when it's day 2 and counting. 

Can't stop my brain, 40 years same company, just found out it's been sold and no word on retaining current employees.

Update: New owners are retaining employees with the exception of a few screwups that need to go anyway. 

Dammit, I'm Golden.😎🤘

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Update: New owners are retaining employees with the exception of a few screwups that need to go anyway. 

Dammit, I'm Golden.😎🤘

If true great news.  Of course that is always the song and dance when businesses change hands.  Can't think of very many where it was true.

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

If true great news.  Of course that is always the song and dance when businesses change hands.  Can't think of very many where it was true.

100% fam. new company credit cards ordered, paperwork to be signed at 2pm today.

Of course as far as retention goes, the new owners will NOT tolerate a lot of the garbage that went on for the last 4 years. (Thank God) 

People pulling the same old tired garbage will be gone.