jofus

Insomnia

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

What's it called when the dog wakes you up at 3:30 because he didn't pee enough at 10:30 and you're still awake at 5:30?

It's called: time for some Korean barbecue.

49 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

It's called: time for some Korean barbecue.

he's 14, he'd be stringy

Whats it called when you don’t have any issue going to sleep, but are wide awake after 5 hrs sleep and can’t fall back asleep for over an hour and then wake up groggy as hell a couple hours later?  A run on sentence?

On 12/23/2018 at 7:38 AM, RPM said:

I just can't shut my mind down. More accurately, it doesn't want to shut down.

This is me.  Not the apnea, but the racing mind.  It's terrible.  Imagine when you are fast-forwarding through a show on x3 speed.  That's what's going on in my mind.  This week, four nights, maybe 12-14 hours total sleep.  Fucking awful.  Looking at a "Whoop" (different from what SA's mom wears) strap.  

I take a bevvy of bullshit:  CBD/theanine.  Tylenol/Advil PM.  Lunesta (prescription for this).  Even have one of those super-heavy blankets (thing weighs like 20+ pounds).  Try and use meditation aps.  I just can't "turn it off".  Then have anticipation anxiety.  "Ok, tonight I HAVE to sleep, etc"

Anyone tried CBT therapy?  Done a sleep study? 

This could also go in the "wives" thread.

We have a tempur-pedic mattress we bought about 5 years ago.  Great investment--no back pain, etc., since we bought it.  But (as any of you that have one know) it retains heat.  You wake up 2-3 times and have to shift to another spot in the bed.  To remedy this, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a chiliPAD, which is a mattress topper with very small tubes laced through it that circulate cooled water.  https://www.chilitechnology.com/

In theory, it's an awesome development.  On a couple of nights, it has really helped me sleep deeper with less interruption.  That's confirmed by my sleep patterns from my Garmin watch.--much more deep sleep and REM sleep, and much less movement while sleeping. 

The problem is, for most humans the little water tubes are imperceptible.  You don't even feel them.  But for my superhuman wife, they make it impossible to sleep on her stomach, which is the position in which she does not disturb my sleep.  So I have to choose between laying comfortably in the bed, but unable to sleep because of the sound from the other side of the bed, or going to the guest room, which does not have the chiliPAD which I bought for myself.  Either way I'm not sleeping.  

Whats it called when you don’t have any issue going to sleep, but are wide awake after 5 hrs sleep and can’t fall back asleep for over an hour and then wake up groggy as hell a couple hours later?  A run on sentence?

That’s my usual recipe. I woke up at 3:30 and just gave up and am watching tv. If I try to go back to sleep I’ll probably drift off about 30 mins before the alarm goes off at 5:50 and then I’ll wake up completely exhausted. Better to just stay up and then hope to get a nap later today.

I've been having a bad spell since broke my ribs a few months ago. Can only fall asleep for a few minutes at a time. It's been particularly bad the last few days, but I found a cure. I turned the heat down to 60 and rolled up in the covers. Best night's sleep I've had in months.