Whistler, BC. (Summer time)

Reagan1k

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Bump/. Heading out of ATL today for BC.

Anyone have  restaurant recommendations?

Think I have my itinerary done except for dining.  

Went there 3 summers ago. You flying into Vancouver and driving?

if so, stop here. Howe Sound Brewing

37801 Cleveland Ave, Squamish, BC V8B 0A7, Canada
+1 604-892-2603
https://goo.gl/maps/doWtgjjZy9hxWLAr5

Sure. My experience is from Winter. The Chalet and Clubhouse at the Fairmont Golf Course is nice fine dining. We did fondue, but I'm not sure if that's on the summer menu. Actually I think they only are there through March. Sorry. 

21 Steps is really good, as is Harajuku Izakaya I'd recommend reservations for both. The Portabello restaurant in the Fairmont is quite good. Need to get there early as it fills up quickly. Good meats, casual. 

The BrewHouse (or 'High Mountain Brewing') isn't bad. Oddly enough, the beer selection is a little limited sometimes, but the food is decent. 

Pizzeria Antico is a bit hit or miss - probably overpriced for the hype. No reservations IIRC, so often a wait. Frankly, I like Pasta Lupino across the way better - it's 'of a style' of Italian which seems really great during a white-out. 

The BC Liquor Store on Lorimer is really good, frankly. Nice selection of BC wines too. 

Edited by Txzen

On 6/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, Reagan1k said:

Bump/. Heading out of ATL today for BC.

Anyone have  restaurant recommendations?

Think I have my itinerary done except for dining.  

We went last summer and unfortunately the wildfires were really bad. Hopefully you won't catch that given you are going earlier. 

Eats:

Creekbread Pizza is legit and fun local joint

Araxi was also good

Highly recommend:

https://blackcombhelicopters.com/

They gave us a tour of one glacier, flew us over lake Garibaldi, and then we landed on top of another glacier and got to hang out for a bit. Was fucking awesome and worth the cost.