Thujone

Jkwellborn

So, in the realignment thread, the Picasso of Pricks announced the unveiling could be ... tonite.

In the meantime, I was never curious enough to look up what is the origination of the Master's name. Until  ...

"Thujone acts on GABA as an antagonist (opposite to the effects of alcohol). As a competitive antagonist of GABA, thujone alone is considered to be convulsant,[5] though by interfering with the inhibitory transmitter GABA, it may convey stimulating, mood-elevating effects at low doses. It is also used in perfumery as a component of several essential oils."

Clever Lad that Thujone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

So, in the realignment thread, the Picasso of Pricks announced the unveiling could be ... tonite.

In the meantime, I was never curious enough to look up what is the origination of the Master's name. Until  ...

"Thujone acts on GABA as an antagonist (opposite to the effects of alcohol). As a competitive antagonist of GABA, thujone alone is considered to be convulsant,[5] though by interfering with the inhibitory transmitter GABA, it may convey stimulating, mood-elevating effects at low doses. It is also used in perfumery as a component of several essential oils."

Clever Lad that Thujone.

Most people (well, not many, actually) will encounter it in a liqueur named "Absinthe". Absinthe is created with an infusion of wormwood (a herb) distillate. The drink is a beautiful, clear emerald color in the bottle - giving it the nickname "the green fairy". Usually, before drinking, it's poured into the bottom of a glass, a slotted spoon containing a lump of sugar is placed over the top, and cold water filtered in. When the water mixes with the absinthe, it turns an opalescent cloudy white.

Absinthe was favored by your creative types like Baudelaire, Picasso, Oscar Wilde, and such. Aleister Crowley wrote a book called "The Green Goddess". Since the thujone was supposed to be psychoactive, eventually absinthe was mostly banned. It's easily available today, but with most of the thujone filtered out.

To me, it's another anise (licorice) flavored liqueur that I don't really care for.

42 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Clever Lad that Thujone.

it stands for theodore hujone. 

• Haha 1

Gonna attach this mp4 here since I just recently found the original render of this that I made. Sadly, I lost the original project file somewhere so I can't upres it to 1080p, but this should still be higher quality than any of the old gifs of this that are floating around. Too bad you can't just have a video loop on here, but go ahead and save it if you want. All hail Thujone! I look forward to what he has in store coming up soon. And thanks again for letting me use your artwork to make what many consider to be my masterpiece. Honestly kind of stopped doing all the gif stuff because I could never top this and once imgur banned this site, it made posting gifs a lot harder.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Gonna attach this mp4 here since I just recently found the original render of this that I made. Sadly, I lost the original project file somewhere so I can't upres it to 1080p, but this should still be higher quality than any of the old gifs of this that are floating around. Too bad you can't just have a video loop on here, but go ahead and save it if you want. All hail Thujone! I look forward to what he has in store coming up soon. And thanks again for letting me use your artwork to make what many consider to be my masterpiece. Honestly kind of stopped doing all the gif stuff because I could never top this and once imgur banned this site, it made posting gifs a lot harder.

This was truly the greatest mixed media presentation of art of all time. The bending of the dong that they guy eats is so legit.

• Hook 'Em 2