Thank you Herb Hand!

Laxtonto

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Have to give it up for Calvin Anderson, too. Not exactly Conor Williams, but quite a help in our hour of desperate need at LT. 

anderson had a couple of marginal games but I actually think he was more consistent than williams.

• Like 1

The performance of the OL was very impressive considering how often they faced fronts with 4 large DL.  The game plan used their mobility to get numbers outside.  Herman refused to get into a wrestling match with Georgia's big linemen until they were good and tired from chasing plays downfield and to the sideline.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Vahe played his best game tonight. The whole OL really. It was so fucking good. The power and counter pulls were on point.

Patrick has problems with quick defenders.  He did a lot better locating and blowing up 270 lb DEs and 250 lb hybrids than with the fast little 210 lb "OLBs" he saw so often in league play.

Just now, sushihorn said:

Patrick has problems with quick defenders.  He did a lot better locating and blowing up 270 lb DEs and 250 lb hybrids than with the fast little 210 lb "OLBs" he saw so often in league play.

Exactly. And he had his best game. Haha

we've got some tall athletic guys from the last few classes.  Really excited to see Christian Jones and Junior Angilau with another year under Yancy.  If Pat Hudson can come back, that will be huge for this OL.  Hudson is the biggest mother fucker on this team.  Dude is a tank.

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

anderson had a couple of marginal games but I actually think he was more consistent than williams.

13 hours ago, Blanton said:

Gonna have to agree. Made a bigger impact on the team vs. Connor

yall are drunk.  CW was a consensus All American as a true Sophomore and was injured for 7 games as a Jr. 

i mean, i suppose that could be considered inconsistent and less impactful, sense he missed 7 games.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Vahe played his best game tonight. The whole OL really. It was so fucking good. The power and counter pulls were on point.

Once Vahe engages you, he pretty much makes the block... when he misses, he misses.

I think he'll actually be OK in the league for this reason.  Defense is pretty straightforward from week to week.

• 4 weeks later...

Top 10 Paid OL Coaches

1. Sam Pittman, Georgia — $825,000
2. Will Friend, Tennessee — $805,000
3. Joe Rudolph, Wisconsin^ — $720,000
4. Greg Frey, Florida State — $675,000
5. Justin Frye, UCLA — $650,000
5. Herb Hand, Texas — $650,000
7. Mike Summers, Louisville — $632,000
8. Bill Bedenbaugh, Oklahoma — $625,000
9. Jim Turner, Texas A&M — $600,000
9. Eric Wolford, South Carolina — $600,000
^ – Also holds offensive coordinator title

http://footballscoop.com/news/highest-paid-offensive-line-coaches-college-football/

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Top 10 Paid OL Coaches

1. Sam Pittman, Georgia — $825,000
2. Will Friend, Tennessee — $805,000
3. Joe Rudolph, Wisconsin^ — $720,000
4. Greg Frey, Florida State — $675,000
5. Justin Frye, UCLA — $650,000
5. Herb Hand, Texas — $650,000
7. Mike Summers, Louisville — $632,000
8. Bill Bedenbaugh, Oklahoma — $625,000
9. Jim Turner, Texas A&M — $600,000
9. Eric Wolford, South Carolina — $600,000
^ – Also holds offensive coordinator title

http://footballscoop.com/news/highest-paid-offensive-line-coaches-college-football/

Interesting note..... #4  Greg Frey Florida State likely to be available this spring with Briles trying to free up  Clements from UH as his OL Coach. 

Any leads on Frey's new destination??  

Edited by LTtxfan

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting note..... #4  Greg Frey Florida State likely to be available this spring with Briles trying to free up  Clements from UH as his OL Coach. 

Any leads on Frey's new destination??  

That's still up in the air with Frey. FSU has an open coaching slot since they let Alonzo Hampton go (ST coach). They moved David Kelly from WR coach to off the field role and hired Ron Dugans from Miami in his place. Rumor is that they want to hire Clements and keep Frey.

Not sure if that move makes complete sense but given the disaster state Jimbo Fisher left that team in, especially OL, Taggart is pulling out all the stops.

Edited by TBGFL

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Thanks, Auburn.  Despite your claims Hand sucked at run blocking or something, I think we'll keep him.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought it was pass blocking?

It was pass blocking, and to be fair, giving up double-digit sacks to Temple while Hand was at Penn State was not a good look, nor was Auburn giving up 6 sacks to UCF in the Peach Bowl. But in context, it's more forgivable when you consider that Temple's defense back then was loaded with NFL players, and Penn State's talent level was lower than usual due to sanctions, while Stidham had a reputation for holding onto the ball longer than he should. I have minimal complaints about our pass blocking this year when you consider what we had to work with.

Of course, now that Auburn's line looked worse this year, Tiger fans have pivoted to saying that Hand is the reason it's in bad shape, because he recruited poorly or something, which is the exact opposite of what they were claiming at the time.

• Like 2