Kirby Smart on Texas after he lost to the Longhorns

Horn Under a Bad Sign

Kirby has been paying Herman a lot of respect all week.  Most likely because Herman whipped his ass with Cardale Jones when osu played bama.  They also spent time together after that game sharing ideas.  He knew going into this game Tom would have this team ready for a brawl.

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I agree.  But that quote is one that you file away and use on recruits. I mean, that's pretty high praise coming from a pretty good SEC coach.  Texas just whipped 'em, physically, and he admitted it. 

Nice to see stuff like that again. It's been a while.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Devotion to principles and logic isn't really typical for cults and should not be expected from aggy.

Also head to head performance isn’t indicative of how the conferences would match up. You have to look to reliable metrics like the opinions of TV talking heads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, yoshi said:

But aggy fans are saying that Georgia was not motivated.   So are they saying Kirby is a liar?

We just won the sugar bowl. Who gives a fuck what they think. I’ve essentially stopped thinking about them other than the handful of times we played them in baseball or whenever they fuck up on the largest scale

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

The Longhorn's physicality was the most impressive thing about this win. It extended all the way to the QB position.

I think it STARTS with the QB. Herman has said all season that the attitude of Ehlinger feeds the entire team, even the defense. Sam let his nuts hang all over the Georgia defense and the team saw it.

Herb Hand and the OL are the MVPs of this game in my opinion.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I agree.  But that quote is one that you file away and use on recruits. I mean, that's pretty high praise coming from a pretty good SEC coach.  Texas just whipped 'em, physically, and he admitted it. 

How would that recruiting pitch go?

"You should come to Texas. Look at what Kirby Smart from the SEC said about us. You know the SEC, they're really great. So that compliment from the head coach at Georgia should carry some weight."

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Also head to head performance isn’t indicative of how the conferences would match up. You have to look to reliable metrics like the opinions of TV talking heads. 

And internet polls. Don't forget the internet polls. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How would that recruiting pitch go?

"You should come to Texas. Look at what Kirby Smart from the SEC said about us. You know the SEC, they're really great. So that compliment from the head coach at Georgia should carry some weight."

Nah, just show the tape of all the restaurant quality ass wearing burnt orange.

Edited by Alien Octopus

This morning on the local (STL) sports radio show the hosts are in full "Georgia didn't want to be there" mode.  Fuck, I hate these idiots.  They were talking about playoff expansion (I also want to expand the playoffs) and their big argument this morning is "Don't expand the playoffs and you'll continue to get games like Texas and Georgia last night, where Georgia clearly didn't want to be there". 

Oh well, I'm just going to enjoy the win, but fuck the SEC and especially fuck these Mizzou fans that still see Texas as the evil giant.

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Many of their fans weren’t so gracious. They also weren’t in the building when our team received the trophy. 

Did you expect them to hang around and applaud Texas?

I dont recall, as a fan,  ever hanging around to watch an opponent receive their trophy. is this a thing?

That giant whooshing sound you heard last night was the big football pendulum in the sky swinging back (with authority) toward Texas championship-level college football.  To those on this board who had doubts about Coach Mensa, the woodwork is thataway ---> y'all can go right back into it from whence you came.  This was a big shot in the arm for college football.  Great game, Horns, all across the board.  Kirby Smart meant every word he said and he was absolutely right.  UGA asshole fans, have another piece of humble pie.  UGA non-asshole fans, you know you will be in the hunt for years to come, so there's that.  

This morning on the local (STL) sports radio show the hosts are in full "Georgia didn't want to be there" mode.  Fuck, I hate these idiots.  They were talking about playoff expansion (I also want to expand the playoffs) and their big argument this morning is "Don't expand the playoffs and you'll continue to get games like Texas and Georgia last night, where Georgia clearly didn't want to be there". 
Oh well, I'm just going to enjoy the win, but fuck the SEC and especially fuck these Mizzou fans that still see Texas as the evil giant.

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I think it STARTS with the QB. Herman has said all season that the attitude of Ehlinger feeds the entire team, even the defense. Sam let his nuts hang all over the Georgia defense and the team saw it.

Herb Hand and the OL are the MVPs of this game in my opinion.

you saw those nuts hang each time he pounded that endzone for that TD that took all 4 downs

11 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Did you expect them to hang around and applaud Texas?

I dont recall, as a fan,  ever hanging around to watch an opponent receive their trophy. is this a thing?

I stick around and wash the feet of all the opposing fans after a loss.  Maybe you should think about having some class.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, the 3 and 4 seeds lost to the 1 and 2 seeds...the horror. 

That, and a) the #4 seed has won the playoff twice, I believe, and b) #9 team lost to #6 team so not sure what point of adding that in there was. 

It’s a catchy tweet but fairly flimsy.