Texas roster 2019

Machinator

11 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

I remember following DCG in recruiting and thinking he was going to light the world on fire here.  

I remember following DCG in recruiting and watching his commitment on a NOLA nightly news broadcast, where he was preceded by segments about a bunch of gruesome murders, shootings, and stabbings.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I remember following DCG in recruiting and watching his commitment on a NOLA nightly news broadcast, where he was preceded by segments about a bunch of gruesome murders, shootings, and stabbings.

The only more painful wait was Walker Little’s fucking 90 minute documentary about the first 17 years of his life. The t shirt guy acting like he trolled us when everyone knew he was a fake was pretty great too.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

The only more painful wait was Walker Little’s fucking 90 minute documentary about the first 17 years of his life. The t shirt guy acting like he trolled us when everyone knew he was a fake was pretty great too.

Good times.

I remember Kenyatta Watson's being interminable, too, where all those Grayson guys were committing and the local news anchor looked exactly like Woody from Toy Story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, Machinator said:

Minus Shepherd (portal and no longer listed on the TexasSports roster) makes 15 spots but there is no guarantee that walk ons Hank (JR), Russell (RS SO), Cort (RS SO), Justin (TR SO), or Luke (RS FR) keep their scholarships after this year.  It would be unusual to see so many non Seniors pick up permanent scholarships, especially when we’re in a tight spot this recruiting class.  That being said, it’s unlikely Luke loses his, with his brothers in the 2021 class.  Also I think it’s notable that Justin Mader was not included in any scholarship award videos.

I also have the following attrition candidates highlighted in my roster chart.

Possible Medical: Derrian Brown, DeGabriel Floyd (hope not), Rob Cummins

Non Starting RS JR (possible grad transfers): Donovan Duvernay, Tope Imade, JP Urquidez

Other: Josh Moore, Brennan Eagles (hope not)

11 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Minus Shepherd (portal and no longer listed on the TexasSports roster) makes 15 spots but there is no guarantee that walk ons Hank (JR), Russell (RS SO), Cort (RS SO), Justin (TR SO), or Luke (RS FR) keep their scholarships after this year.  It would be unusual to see so many non Seniors pick up permanent scholarships, especially when we’re in a tight spot this recruiting class.  That being said, it’s unlikely Luke loses his, with his brothers in the 2021 class.  Also I think it’s notable that Justin Mader was not included in any scholarship award videos.

I also have the following attrition candidates highlighted in my roster chart.

Possible Medical: Derrian Brown, DeGabriel Floyd (hope not), Rob Cummins

Non Starting RS JR (possible grad transfers): Donovan Duvernay, Tope Imade, JP Urquidez

Other: Josh Moore, Brennan Eagles (hope not)

Add Pouncey.  His brother just decommited and rumor is Jordan is about to enter the portal.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for below tweets @texifornia 

Great finds on roster management problems at LB.  These roster issues fall directly on Orlando. 

31m
Have been thinking how much the Texas D misses the speed of guys like Malik Jefferson, Gary Johnson at LB. As a coach would say, those guys could make it right just with their speed. With Dele, Juwan Mitchell out there, the price in space for poor technique/fundamentals is high.

Js2Mbog-_bigger.pngWescott Eberts @SBN_Wescott
Juwan Mitchell in particular got roasted by Kansas State early in the game. After an offseason with Yancy McKnight, Todd Orlando thinks Mitchell will be much more explosive, but right now, Mitchell is nine months away from perhaps being able to make things right with his speed.
1:37 PM · Nov 15, 2019·

32m
And that's an indication of poor program depth. Mitchell showed up in June after a year at a JUCO and then almost immediately had to start. Tom Herman didn't take a HS LB when he arrived in 2017 and Charlie Strong only took two in 2016. Demarco Boyd washed out after his charge.

The result is having one senior LB who got hurt against Oklahoma and not a single junior LB who was recruited as a scholarship player. A full 27 percent of the scholarship LBs right now are walk ons who got awarded a scholarship. That's... not good.
1:42 PM · Nov 15, 2019·

6 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Juwan Mitchell try to cut underneath anything in a rat role is painful to watch. He looks stiff and slow doing anything other than attacking the LOS. 

It is pretty amazing - the dude went from a two-star Rutgers signee to not getting picked up out of JUCO until schools realized he was immediately eligible to starting in the Big XII in like eight months. That should never happen at Texas.

He should be fine his senior year, but wow it's bad that he's a starter.

Edited by texifornia

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Can't remember what 9.95er said it, but the 9.95er hoped Kenyatta Watson didn't play today in hopes that KW's 4th game could be saved for the Bowl Game.

Personally not so sure that redshirting KW for 2019 is that big of a deal though...

Found the quote prior to Tech game from Wells and Nahlin article:  "They should do everything in their power to not play Kenyatta Watson. He has played in three games already and the fourth should be saved for the bowl, if possible."

Is It a coincidence that Watson and Washington received more playing time this last game.  Both players have had people from their family share their displeasure with Herman and their kids development and lack of playing time.  I would say those two and Smith will receive a lot more attention/playing time to prevent them from hitting the portal. 

• Like 1

Is It a coincidence that Watson and Washington received more playing time this last game.  Both players have had people from their family share their displeasure with Herman and their kids development and lack of playing time.  I would say those two and Smith will receive a lot more attention/playing time to prevent them from hitting the portal. 

Exactly this. Saw Washington in there and thought the same.