Texas roster 2019

Machinator

31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

First participation tracker of the year (courtesy of Joe Cook). Freshmen:

Non-freshmen who have not redshirted yet:

image.png

image.png

So X-mas-Giles and Wilbon didn't play..think they RS this season to transfer in the spring?  Kinda odd they didn't get any snaps at all, right?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

DCG will transfer. Surprised that didn't come out already. 

I thought Wilbon played. What number is he?

According to the box score the only backup DL to play were Jones, Bimage, Ojomo, Sweat, Chisholm, and Carson.

Edited by HtownHorn

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

According to the box score the only backup DL to play were Jones, Bimage, Ojomo, Sweat, Chisholm, and Carson.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

94. I didn't see him. Maybe Tom held him out since he had a minor injury the week before.

Yeah, I just wasn't matching names and numbers correctly. I didn't see 94 on the field either.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

2019 Composite rankings of Team rosters. 

1. Bama 69 total 4 & 5 stars out 85 players (11 Five stars)
  2. Ohio St 60 total 4 & 5 stars out of 85 players (13 Five stars)
  3. Georgia 59 total 4 & 5 stars out of 85 players (14 Five stars)
  4. USC 47 total 4 & 5 stars out of 83 players (6 Five stars)
  5. LSU 51 total 4 & 5 stars out of 85 players (7 Five stars)
  6. Florida St 41 total 4 & 5 stars out of 83 players (5 Five stars)
  7. Texas 46 total 4 & 5 stars out of 85 players (3 Five stars)
  8. OU 50 total 4 & 5 stars out of 85 players (5 Five stars)
  9. Clemson 40 total 4 & 5 stars out of 80 players (7 Five stars) **the fact that Clemson is now entering into the uber elite category with their upcoming class is down right scary**
  10. Penn St 50 total 4 & 5 stars out of 79 players (4 Five stars)
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

9. Clemson 40 total 4 & 5 stars out of 80 players (7 Five stars) **the fact that Clemson is now entering into the uber elite category with their upcoming class is down right scary**

Even taking into account the regular inflation of Georgia HS kids' rating vs. their college production, that UGA stat is absurd.

The Clemson thing is terrifying. The FSU and USC bits are lulzy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So Josh Moore will be gone. Johnson is gone. Brown probably goes on medical scholarship after this season. If those 3 spots are open, what's the count available for 2020 without any other attrition? 20? 21?

I count 13 fourth- or fifth-year seniors, 3 underclassman walk-ons whose scholarships (I'm guessing) won't be renewed unless we have room, the 3 athletic scholarship attrition candidates you named, plus 2 currently open spots. Brings us to 21.

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Derrian brown?  I thought he was going to give it a shot in the spring?  

Also I thought Christmas was rumored to leave.  And potentially Cosmi leaves early.  

If you were Brown's doctor or parents or coach, would you feel good about letting him play a sport that trades daily in head trauma? I'm glad he's on campus and I hope he gets his degree. If he plays again, man, I'll be blown away. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you were Brown's doctor or parents or coach, would you feel good about letting him play a sport that trades daily in head trauma? I'm glad he's on campus and I hope he gets his degree. If he plays again, man, I'll be blown away. 

I think it could happen.  tedy bruschi had a stroke that fucked his shit up and he came back and played in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think it could happen.  tedy bruschi had a stroke that fucked his shit up and he came back and played in the NFL. 

See exhibit A as to why Brown shouldn’t play football again. futureman’s parents dropped him on his head as a child, what? 40-50 times? That’s the rough equivalent to the kind of trauma Brown would be facing with a weaker neural make-up. Do we want another one of these fucking guys posting on here? I think not. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

See exhibit A as to why Brown shouldn’t play football again. futureman’s parents dropped him on his head as a child, what? 40-50 times? That’s the rough equivalent to the kind of trauma Brown would be facing with a weaker neural make-up. Do we want another one of these fucking guys posting on here? I think not. 

sorry, pal, brown’s gonna play.  

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So Josh Moore will be gone. Johnson is gone. Brown probably goes on medical scholarship after this season. If those 3 spots are open, what's the count available for 2020 without any other attrition? 20? 21?

if you had told me a few months back that Josh Moore would no longer be on the team, i'd flip out.  He was my breakout player of the year.  IIRC, Herman called his mom last year to personally thank her on the way he was raised -- he does this to a handful of freshman. oh well, more reps for Jake and Dev.

I haven't checked the timeline of events to compare when Josh got into trouble vs. us moving Dev to the inside -- reason (portrayed by the media/coaches) for this move was because Eagles was shinning on the outside (Dev's previous position).  But, it makes me wonder if that had anything to do with it as well.  From my poor research, it looks like Dev was moved to slot in early August and maybe earlier while Josh was arrested in early August (https://www.hookem.com/2019/08/26/as-legal-process-plays-out-texas-suspends-receiver-joshua-moore/)

Likely stupid speculation here on my part, but instead, a good coincidence to have as Dev started getting more snaps in the slot before he was "forced" to by stupid acts of hit teammate.

Edit.  One last thing - I don't doubt that Josh is leaving but what's the deciding factor.  Verdict?

Edited by The Whistler
i edit

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Brockermeyer's will since he's only in his second year at Texas.

Thanks.... saw @TKthunder2 post this related to Luke Brockermeyer's new scholarship in another thread:

"That costs us a counter.  Walk on scholarship don’t cost anything if they’ve been on campus for 2 years."

Edited by LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Wilbon and Christmas are going to red shirt and go the grad transfer route.

Don't know about DCG, but honestly that's so cool for Wilbon. Dude was a low-ranked recruit, dad in Angola, OV pics looked like his mom is really doing her best to get by, and now he's about to graduate from the University of Texas and get a masters degree.