Texas roster 2019

Machinator

24 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Green looking like he's supposed to half a year in to YM's slim to dayyumm program. 

Wrong   He’s saying that Green appears to be required to cut a year in half inside yahoo mail’s program to expand its appeal   He’s a software engineer and his schedule is unacceptable  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am still really hopeful about Woodard and hope he plays this year. I know his position is becoming hard to find time but he was one of the players I thought didn’t get talked about enough in that class. Was more impressed with him versus eagles in high school but what do I know, eagles got playing time this year. 

49 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I am still really hopeful about Woodard and hope he plays this year. I know his position is becoming hard to find time but he was one of the players I thought didn’t get talked about enough in that class. Was more impressed with him versus eagles in high school but what do I know, eagles got playing time this year. 

Woodard is a pretty focused dude. Eagles sounds like one of those guys who drifts if he's not playing.

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I'm hoping Woodard and Eagles both ball out and live up to their hype. They have the skills 

Thanks to Scholz....

From Anwar:  Texas has been able to redshirt 18 players as a result of the new rule. In addition, 13 of those players were freshmen.

Here is the list of scholarship players who are eligible to redshirt, have not previously redshirted and did not participate in senior day (games played in parentheses):
LB Ayodele Adeoye, FR (4)
QB Shane Buechele, JR (2)
WR John Burt, SR (4)
DL Jamari Chisholm, SR (4)
DL Keondre Coburn, FR (3)
WR/TE Malcolm Epps, FR (2)
DL Moro Ojomo, FR (3)
OL Denzel Okafor, JR (1)
RB Kyle Porter, JR (4)
Freshmen who did not play and redshirted:
OL Junior Angilau
DL Daniel Carson
OL Rafiti Ghirmai
OL Christian Jones
OL Reese Moore
QB Cameron Rising
QB Casey Thompson
LB Byron Vaughns
WR Al'Vonte Woodard

"Just for clarity, Longhorn offensive lineman Patrick Hudson did not play this season, but redshirted as a freshman in 2017 and was a sophomore in 2018. Assuming he is cleared to play football in the future, he could seek a sixth-year of eligibility down the road."

(FYI.... Mike Williams & Toneil Carter also were redshirts, but left Texas)

Edited by LTtxfan

38 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

The QB departures have the biggest impact on depth. We have guys at WR including some exciting youth at slot, but LJ was special. We actually look pretty good if Thompson de-portals.

Got your wish on Casey.....

Go Horns..... Hook'em 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

I’m announcing that I am in the transfer portal and am open to offers. My resume includes three years of youth football at guard, tight end and linebacker. I run a 6.5 forty with a limp. I’m almost eligible to raid my 401k, but I will be a dependable player for any team I join. Woo me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Jimmy Saxton’s son. Had a Rutgers offer amongst other New Mexico-ish offers. Good guy to have on board when every scholarship QB is in the transfer portal.

Are there rules regarding when the PWO can become a scholarship player?  If Thompson and Shane bolt, I would wager he gets a scholarship right then.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Jimmy Saxton’s son. Had a Rutgers offer amongst other New Mexico-ish offers. Good guy to have on board when every scholarship QB is in the transfer portal.

Grandson.

The website had him 100% Crystal Ball'd to Michigan State but it seems he did not actually have an offer from MSU. I guess that shows the brilliance of the CFB recruiting media.

Still he is a FBS quality QB. A good guy to have the QB room.

4 minutes ago, deech said:

Are there rules regarding when the PWO can become a scholarship player?  If Thompson and Shane bolt, I would wager he gets a scholarship right then.

I don't know.  Then you effectively make him a scholarship player his entire career.  It's not like you can take it away the following season.  That's why the walk ons that get leftover scholarships are typically upperclassmen.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m announcing that I am in the transfer portal and am open to offers. My resume includes three years of youth football at guard, tight end and linebacker. I run a 6.5 forty with a limp. I’m almost eligible to raid my 401k, but I will be a dependable player for any team I join. Woo me.

You had me at the 59.5 years young part. Err I mean the 401k part. Same thing.