2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

holy shit, man, you think you ran over “sandbags”?  how many starfuckers did you have before getting behind the wheel?
Lots of construction in that area. No street lights on 35 at all. Zero visibility. I had a hard time making sure I was even on the road and had to trust the tail lights in front of me. Had some rough areas where I was running over holes or something under the water. It was pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Probably destroyed a homeless camp. Adler is not amused.

Abbot's goons probably moved the homeless camp out from underneath a bridge to the middle of the interestate.  He's playing chess while Adler's playing checkers.

Or maybe they're both playing Candyland, hell if I know.

• Haha 1

i've driven through hurricanes and i've driven very close to a couple tornadoes.  this was the hardest rain i've ever driven through.  for a 10 second stretch it was raining so hard i couldn't see outside the car in any direction-  everything was just pitch black and i had no idea where my car was going.  this was on metric north of parmer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

4.75 inches in 78748. 

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Lordy. Didn’t slosh through the mud to check my gauge this morning, and I knew we got a lot, but I wouldn’t have guessed that much. Crazy

Well shit. Looked up the wunderground station across the street from me and we only got 2.6. I'm in the SW corner of 78748. Looking at the NE corner, they got 8.25. Crazy difference for only a few miles. 

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Well shit. Looked up the wunderground station across the street from me and we only got 2.6. I'm in the SW corner of 78748. Looking at the NE corner, they got 8.25. Crazy difference for only a few miles. 

I'm right around Slaughter and Manchaca.

We just got about 4 inches of rain in about 45 minutes. It’s trash day today so everyone’s trash cans have turned into boats floating around the neighborhood. This genius decided to try to run through a couple of feet of water before realizing he couldn’t make it. He drove up into my yard and the tried to back out of it when I told him to get the fuck off my yard. He backed into a large rock that I have on the corner of my yard to protect the grass from cars cutting the corner. He decided to spin his tires for a few minutes before realizing he was stuck. All the dumbass need to do was wait about 15 minutes for it to stop raining and for the streets to drain. Now he’ll pay for my yard and the damage to this loaner vehicle.

e5d3c84b6e042b842f492d4b92a60cfe.jpg

0987fa34c97704e04274f326d232a441.jpg

Username checks out.  Remind me to never to have a psycho try to murder me in front of your house, you'd probably throw the guy a gun. 

Wait. I’m the asshole because I told him to get his car out of my yard? This asshole that decided that he should drive though 2 feet of water and then realized he couldn’t make it so he thought he should drive into someone’s yard? He should have tried to back up as there was nobody behind him instead of what he did.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

Wait. I’m the asshole because I told him to get his car out of my yard? This asshole that decided that he should drive though 2 feet of water and then realized he couldn’t make it so he thought he should drive into someone’s yard? He should have tried to back up as there was nobody behind him instead of what he did.

Hey asshole, calm the fuck down. 

...asshole

Fucking-A, skipped my favorite season once again.  Blazing summer that would not fucking quit until mid October, ten days of nice Autumn and now 40’s and rainy.  Yey!!!

what the fuck do people have against Autumn?  It was always the best time of year growing up.  I blame all the Karen’s that can’t wait to get Christmas shit up everywhere as soon as Columbus Day is over.  

15 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Where in the heck is PHD?

Seems like it’s about time for a real world wellness check, no?

You're probably right.  Does anyone here know Phd in real life.  It's not like him to quit posting, especially during all of these change of weather events.  I hope he's ok. 

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

You're probably right.  Does anyone here know Phd in real life.  It's not like him to quit posting, especially during all of these change of weather events.  I hope he's ok. 

when someone is not posting on surly can’t we assume their life has improved?  I’m happy for Phd, wherever he is. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hate said:

Seriously.  It's always odd when a quality and prolific poster goes silent for a while.  Hope all is well @phdhorn.  Check in if you can.