2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I’m across the street from galleria and was being an idiot on the patio when all of a sudden the winds got strong as fuck. Blew my damn patio door open hard as hell, couldn’t imagine being any closer. 

glad you’re ok zep.  don’t need your contributions here getting sucked up in damn tornado. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I’m across the street from galleria and was being an idiot on the patio when all of a sudden the winds got strong as fuck. Blew my damn patio door open hard as hell, couldn’t imagine being any closer. 

Could you hear the sirens broadcasting someone talking?  I had never heard that before and it was creepy as fuck. 

House across the street is on fire from an apparent lightning strike in Richardson.  
Where in Richardson? I'm in Richardson Heights. Neighbors have a transformer on fire but the fire department can't get to it yet. Huge oak trees down here, looks as bad as that July storm.

1 minute ago, fuggled said:
4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
House across the street is on fire from an apparent lightning strike in Richardson.  

Where in Richardson? I'm in Richardson Heights. Neighbors have a transformer on fire but the fire department can't get to it yet. Huge oak trees down here, looks as bad as that July storm.

East side.  Cops said everything south of Belt Line in Richardson is fucked to some degree.

9 minutes ago, The University said:

oh shit. i know someone who lives right in the middle of that. gonna make some late calls just in case...

I’m on the fence with this.  I’m in austin and I can’t do shit to help anyone in dallas.  I want to call and hear from certain people but it won’t make a difference if I call them in the morning, and they may be dealing with lots of shit right now.  so I’ll call in the morning. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We have friends in Highland Park that have trees down and their roof is fucked.  They heard sirens, but don't know if it was just high winds or actual edge of the tornado.

Lots of shit going on.

Shit, that's scary. The track was basically two major streets north of us (Lovers/Midway/Lemmon).

21 minutes ago, dimyh said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/weather/tyler-seguins-house-destroyed-in-dallas-tornado/287-b7d4f70c-1b12-4c57-9f78-e6f2342d1cd5

Reports say tornado destroyed Tyler Seguin's home. Nobody home and nobody hurt thank goodness. 

Saw somewhere it might be his old house that he's trying to sell. Who knows?

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Hearing the Central Market at Preston/Royal is fucked up. Wife said news said gym at St Mark’s on fire. 

HICKS GYM (Donated by Tom Hicks to ensure that all of his boys got into St. Mark's) 
The-Hicks-Gym.jpg

It used to have an EAST & WEST WALL, but apparently it no longer does.

And the St. Mark's Chapel bell tower didn't used to look like this.

St-Mark-s-Bell-Tower.jpg

It didn't used to look like this.

Assembling the reports, it appears that the tornado started just north of Love Field, which would mean north of NW Hwy, crossed the tollroad between Walnut Hill and Royal, and crossed 75 at Forest.

It shouldn't have done much in Highland Park proper (south of Mockingbird) or UP (south of NW Hwy).

The later-night, earlier morning winds were more dramatic.  Except:  Right in the midst of the sirens as the tornado was being reported at the tollroad, it was eerily still.  And we lost power so we couldn't hear the fucking weather dude freaking out.  No data, either.  So that was fun.

IIRC @luke duke lives in the area affected.  Check in, friendo.

28 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Blaming shit on the Injuns gets old after awhile. 

Forgive me, it was 2:30 in the morning, dumping rain, my dog had to shit so bad that she still went out in the rain and lightning, I was tired as shit and somehow I got from squall to squaw on my iPhone.  Fuck.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Constant said:

I’m posted up at Harry Hines and Walnut Hill. This area is a disaster zone. Tons of debris all over. Harry Hines is completely impassable from Walnut Hill down to Northwest Highway. 

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Damn, Dallas PD going all NOLA Heineken man...

You got some splainin' to do, Constant.