2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, imagine being such a bitch that you save these posts, and wait for Texas to fall apart, just to say that you being a bitch is justified.

Yeah, I totally 'saved the posts' to save myself the trouble of scrolling back all of four pages. What a superhuman search job that was.

But sure, keep missing the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But MY point stands. If you can’t get on a train of optimism when we had/have reason to even potentially be optimistic, then what’s the point? 

if that dude thought he had legitimate reasons not to be optimistic, and those reasons were borne out, why are you telling him he should have been optimistic?

I'm no fan of either this particular poster, or the guys seem to follow sports mostly so they can finger the wound when we lose...

tumblr_ojfeaiG34x1rk0k2jo1_500.gifv

...but I don't understand why you are trying to sell him on "why not be optimistic" when he correctly expected a disappointing season. 

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

if that dude thought he had legitimate reasons not to be optimistic, and those reasons were borne out, why are you telling him he should have been optimistic?

I'm no fan of either this particular poster, or the guys seem to follow sports mostly so they can finger the wound when we lose...

tumblr_ojfeaiG34x1rk0k2jo1_500.gifv

...but I don't understand why you are trying to sell him on "why not be optimistic" when he correctly expected a disappointing season. 

Being right is fun. I’m glad he’s getting some joy when the rest of us are likely getting none. I’m pessimistic, arguably overly pessimistic all the time here. I just struggle to understand the point when there is NEVER any optimism. If it’s always the glass half full. If hope or belief never exists, if someone is never confident or optimistic about there team, we’ll, whats the point? That’s what I don’t get. 

Dude was right, he should enjoy his victory lap of dragging his nuts all over our faces all he wants. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Being right is fun. I’m glad he’s getting some joy when the rest of us are likely getting none. I’m pessimistic, arguably overly pessimistic all the time here. I just struggle to understand the point when there is NEVER any optimism. If it’s always the glass half full. If hope or belief never exists, if someone is never confident or optimistic about there team, we’ll, whats the point? That’s what I don’t get. 

Dude was right, he should enjoy his victory lap of dragging his nuts all over our faces all he wants. 

I don't know where you got the idea that I take some sort of perverse joy in Texas losing.

It's fucking terrible. It's maddening to watch our offense repeatedly struggle w/ predictable playcalling, and it's infuriating to watch our defense blowing tackles and being constantly out of position. What's worse is changing the channel and seeing teams like blOU and Baylor make the same thing look downright easy. As if that's not miserable enough, I then read all the news about how our recruits are wavering, internal strife with the coaches/players, coordinators in over their heads, and the rest of the media gladly lining up to take cheap potshots at us when we're down. And it's been going on for years.

At this point, if there was any reason for optimism I'd gladly seize it. But there really wasn't. All signs over the offseason pointed to a defensive downturn with us losing 8/11 defensive starters and Orlando's visible decline from the 2017 season. I even said as much last year, and of course got ridiculed for it too:

Everyone, including me, was pinning our hopes on the offense taking a big step forward this year. And initially it seemed that was the case, which makes our recent malaise all the more frustrating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

In regards to the first part, I think the "satya=one who rubs their pussy in hindu" bit that CTJ used to do kinda took on a life of its own. He's not as bad as he gets made out to be, and provides useful content across the board. Don't get me wrong, he's the type I'd have to kick out of the house when watching a game winning drive, but I'd drink a beer with him. I haven't seen the "never happy even if winning" some of you say but that's just what I've noticed. 

To the second part, you're fucking right he should feel a little vindicated. He can't be the whipping boy and win one only to say it didn't matter. Fucking hate those reactions to getting called out... Own your shit. 

I thought the offense would continue to develop as Sam and the more experienced players on offense got into a groove and expanded the playbook.

Considering injuries, the offense has been underperforming as much as the defense for much of the season. The LSU game was the best game our offense has played, and how we're starting to see that LSU just doesn't have a good defense.

How is it possible that the offense has regressed like this since the LSU game? It’s like teams know what play we’re gonna run and they are waiting for it. Are we tipping our hand with the formations, or down and distance, or what? Have the offensive players gotten slower? In the loss to OU it seems that many plays would develop like molasses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XYZ said:

How is it possible that the offense has regressed like this since the LSU game? It’s like teams know what play we’re gonna run and they are waiting for it. Are we tipping our hand with the formations, or down and distance, or what? Have the offensive players gotten slower? In the loss to OU it seems that many plays would develop like molasses.

the o line got their asses kicked against OU and ISU.  It’s going to be the same against Baylor.  You can’t beat good teams if you can’t block up front.  The question is why have they regressed.  I do think part of the problem is teams know what’s coming based on alignment and situation and that has taken some of the advantage away from the linemen.  It’s harder to block someone who knows what you are going to do.  We have a very reactive coaching staff. It’s only now that they realize something needs to change. 

3 reasons:

1. No deception in the scheme

2. Collin has been hurt and Sam can only throw to him, Duv and sometimes Eagles

3. We have an offense designed for running QBs, but our QB has stopped running (other than blatantly obvious situations) because we don't want him to get hurt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

3 reasons:

3. We have an offense designed for running QBs, but our QB has stopped running (other than blatantly obvious situations) because we don't want him to get hurt

To be fair, Duv and sometimes eagles are the only ones that get separation. CJ just supermans everyone. 

this staff sucks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

3 reasons:

Regarding #2:  The Lack of development of the younger WRs and TEs is completely the fault of Mehringer, Meekins and Warehime!!

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Regarding #2:  The Lack of development of the younger WRs and TEs is completely the fault of Mehringer, Meekins and Warehime!!

I have no real knowledge of the abilities of the coaching staff other than what I see on Saturday and the stuff I read here.  But even I had no idea why we kept Warehime on our staff and moved him to TEs.  

From my observations, WR, TE, DB and LB coaches (yes I know that is Frodd) all need walking papers. I could be convinced on RB, but Drayton is pretty hamstrung by injuries. 

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yep. Iowa State magically had two TEs that could catch and block. Other teams seem to be able to find guys and develop them, and if you're going to insist on throwing a TE out there no matter what then you better find a way to make the players at that position not suck.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XYZ said:

How is it possible that the offense has regressed like this since the LSU game? 

I think it’s a matter of, they gave it everything they had against LSU but it wasn’t good enough and it broke them.  But I’m not just talking offense, the whole team, coaches included. 

Edited by GotThatFire

2 hours ago, jinx said:

I have no real knowledge of the abilities of the coaching staff other than what I see on Saturday and the stuff I read here.  But even I had no idea why we kept Warehime on our staff and moved him to TEs.  

From my observations, WR, TE, DB and LB coaches (yes I know that is Frodd) all need walking papers. I could be convinced on RB, but Drayton is pretty hamstrung by injuries. 

Washington and Naivar's units have at least shown a ton of improvement over the course of the season. Good DB play and stout run D by the DL are the only things holding this defense together. 

For me there are three tiers of coaches right now: 

Fire: Orlando, Warehime, Mehringer, Meekins

Can see both sides but I don't personally have a strong opinion: Washington, Naivar, Herman, Drayton, Giles

Keep: Hand, Beck

22 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Washington and Naivar's units have at least shown a ton of improvement over the course of the season. Good DB play and stout run D by the DL are the only things holding this defense together. 

Can see both sides but I don't personally have a strong opinion: Washington, Naivar, Herman, Drayton, Giles

and all you accomplish is delaying the inevitable ala Mack Brown. It's not going to be a fun next few years for you. To think, a few years ago I was pissed we settled for ed. College Football is a cruel bitch sometimes.

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, austintiger said:

and all you accomplish is delaying the inevitable ala Mack Brown. It's not going to be a fun next few years for you. To think, a few years ago I was pissed we settled for ed. College Football is a cruel bitch sometimes.

Pretty sure the next few years will be the same for both of us bud

10 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Pretty sure the next few years will be the same for both of us bud

It wouldn't shock me. Our game in Baton Rouge could be a "battle of the pissed off fans". If we somehow win a natty this year that'll buy ed several more years regardless of record. At least we have aggie to beat up on every year.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, austintiger said:

It wouldn't shock me. Our game in Baton Rouge could be a "battle of the pissed off fans". If we somehow win a natty this year that'll buy ed several more years regardless of record. At least we have aggie to beat up on every year.

Sorry I did not realize you were an LSU fan. It's in your name but it didn't register that there would be non-Texas fans in this thread. I still don't really understand the comment. With Mack we ended up in purgatory because of his accomplishments and the goodwill he had built up. Herman does not have enough of either to coast for 5 years. I think he'll either win big or the team will implode dramatically. Our program has had extreme highs and extreme lows every year under Herman so far. Eventually one of those two will win out. And it's not looking good. I think Malzahn is a more apt comparison than Mack. 

And sorry I didn't mean to take a shot at LSU. Y'all are hot right now and probably have a great future but there are still lots of questions this off season. I have no idea how it will play out but you'll be one of the most interesting teams in the country this offseason

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Sorry I did not realize you were an LSU fan. It's in your name but it didn't register that there would be non-Texas fans in this thread. I still don't really understand the comment. With Mack we ended up in purgatory because of his accomplishments and the goodwill he had built up. Herman does not have enough of either to coast for 5 years. I think he'll either win big or the team will implode dramatically. Our program has had extreme highs and extreme lows every year under Herman so far. Eventually one of those two will win out. And it's not looking good. I think Malzahn is a more apt comparison than Mack. 

And sorry I didn't mean to take a shot at LSU. Y'all are hot right now and probably have a great future but there are still lots of questions this off season. I have no idea how it will play out but you'll be one of the most interesting teams in the country this offseason

Nah it's ok I don't disagree. I actually root for UT...at times harder than my own alma mater.  My kid's a UT student. I do care about the success of the program. I just think the UT job is too big for Tom. I don't want to see UT get stuck in the ever revolving coordinator door when the root of the problem is the guy in charge.

Edited by austintiger
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, austintiger said:

Nah it's ok I don't disagree. I actually root for UT...at times harder than my own alma mater.  My kid's a UT student. I do care about the success of the program. I just think the UT job is too big for Tom. I don't want to see UT get stuck in the ever revolving coordinator door when the root of the problem is the guy in charge.

It's hard to get stuck in the ever revolving coordinator door when the door hasn't revolved at all in 3 years. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:23 PM, austintiger said:

I hate this post so much because I'm terrified it is true.

On 11/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, satyanash said:

Everyone, including me, was pinning our hopes on the offense taking a big step forward this year. And initially it seemed that was the case, which makes our recent malaise all the more frustrating.

The offense did arguably take a step forward, it's just that the losses on defense were too much to overcome.  This was of course foreseeable but people convinced themselves that the difference in talent would make up for the crippling lack of experience and the questionable coaching of Orlando.  That was obviously wrong then and I only hope those who made absolute fools of themselves on this board earlier this year arguing otherwise learn from this humiliation.  

On 11/17/2019 at 9:58 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Drayton only stays if he get Bijan signed, it should be that clear. RB coach needs to be one of your top recruiters and Drayton is not that but if he gets Bijan, he's worth keeping.

Warehime was utterly fucking useless as OL coach. He also appears fucking useless as TE coach.

Though, in his defense, the offensive gameplans use TEs as in line blockers pretty much every play, without fail. No wrinkles. Despite this, Texas continues to recruit lean receiving TEs with minimal to no development as blockers. Brewer, Reese, Wiley. If they want a blocking TE who can occasionally catch a wide open pass, go get an undersized HS OT or convert a HS LB like Beck. At least you kniwe those guys like to hit. Warehime is still garbage - we already know he can't even teach the guys that want to block how to do it - but any TE coach would be set up to fail here.

All that said, y'all need to stop getting your hopes up. Everyone's coming back next year. The writing is on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Warehime was utterly fucking useless as OL coach. He also appears fucking useless as TE coach.  Though, in his defense, the offensive gameplans use TEs as in line blockers pretty much every play, without fail. No wrinkles. Despite this, Texas continues to recruit lean receiving TEs with minimal to no development as blockers....       All that said, y'all need to stop getting your hopes up. Everyone's coming back next year. The writing is on the wall.

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The offense did arguably take a step forward, it's just that the losses on defense were too much to overcome.  This was of course foreseeable but people convinced themselves that the difference in talent would make up for the crippling lack of experience and the questionable coaching of Orlando.  That was obviously wrong then and I only hope those who made absolute fools of themselves on this board earlier this year arguing otherwise learn from this humiliation.  

This statement is wrong for so many obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This statement is wrong for so many obvious reasons. 

What are those obvious reasons?  The 2019 offense has a higher EPA/play, success rate, SP+ than the 2018 offense...which I would consider to be obvious reasons for why your statement is incorrect.

Jesus what in the Mississippi fuck are you watching? What has this offense shown you since WVU? Why the fuck are we still playing to "win by 1" if admittedly the defense is so shitty? That same shitty defense gave up 23 points this past weekend and averaged 28 points a game the past 3 games. You mean to tell me 28 points is too much for your infallible offense to overcome so we're 1-2?

You're clearly not watching the same games I am. Our offense was all figured out after okie lite and it's been a cluster fuck since. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Jesus what in the Mississippi fuck are you watching? What has this offense shown you since WVU? Why the fuck are we still playing to "win by 1" if admittedly the defense is so shitty? That same shitty defense gave up 23 points this past weekend and averaged 28 points a game the past 3 games. You mean to tell me 28 points is too much for your infallible offense to overcome so we're 1-2?

You're clearly not watching the same games I am. Our offense was all figured out after okie lite and it's been a cluster fuck since. 

I don't know if you recall, but the offense had some stinkers last year as well down the stretch.  Overall though, the offense has clearly been better this season.  Sorry if that triggers you.