2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

On 1/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, Xcalibur said:

Sep. 7 -    LSU 

This is the game.  LSU will be ranked top 10 to start next season.  But so will we.  This is the game that will put us squarely in the discussion for a CFP appearance, or will take us out of that discussion completely.  I really hope that our players treat this game like our 2005 players treated the Ohio State game.  The parallels are there.  Ehlinger confidently declared in front of the country on Jan. 1, 2019, that "we're back."  I'd love for him to take another page from VY's playbook this summer, before two-a-days begin, and write on the locker room white board something similar to "Anyone who wants to beat (LSU), meet me at (practice location) for drills."

Sep. 14 -  @Rice (NRG Stadium)

This will be a workman's win.  Rice does not have the horses to compete.

I hate college games in neutral site NFL stadiums, but I would almost be okay with having the LSU game at NRG. Having the Rice game there is inexcusable -- you have one of the finest college stadiums in the country right up the road in a much better neighborhood and with about the same capacity as NRG. I've seen us play Rice at what was the Reliant and even though I was in a suite feasting and drinking away, I would rather have been at Rice with popcorn and a spiked Coke. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Tom Herman spoke at the AFCA convention today. Here are some quotes, taken from this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/1082037775585759232

Q: How has the December singing day changed things? 

Herman: “I think it’s very strenuous on the high school coaches. With kids making official visits in the spring, making decisions before their senior year, how much are you going to get out of that young man?”

Herman says it’s “mind-boggling” year coaches can’t go out in the spring. “We may have a young man take an official visit in May and that’s the first time I’ve ever met him.”

Herman: “In our program, there’s never been a scholarship awarded based on a camp performance. Scholarships are awarded playing football on Friday nights with your 10 teammates.”

Herman: “I’m a firm believer that it’s not the ones you don’t sign that beat you, it’s the ones you do sign that you mis-evaluate that you’ve got for four or five years.”

Herman says Georgia is the only state he’s seen that rivals Texas in terms of commitment to high school football in terms of staff sizes, 7-on-7, etc.

Herman says tight end and offensive line are the hardest positions to find college-ready players out of HS football. “It’s not your job to be a farm system for college football. It’s your job to win games and mentor young men.”

The topic of 7-on-7 travel teams come up, and Herman says, “The silver lining is 7-on-7 is not football and will never be football....Football is not played with a pretty little towel hanging down and a pacifier mouth piece.”

Herman: “I can tell you this: if he’s a skill guy, I better see track numbers. If they’re a big guy, I want to see them throw the shot, throw the disc... Who knows who’s timing them at these Nike SPARQ deals.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck that.

No kidding. There is no way in hell I would trade a home-and-home with those crazy cajuns for a couple of games at some soulless NFL stadium. And I love NRG as far as professional football places go, it's infinitely better than Cowboys Stadium, for example.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, Lobo said:

And keep in mind, it's been 10 years since we beat OU two consecutive times.  that last third of the season with road games at TCU, Iowa State, and Baylor has stumble written all over it.  LSU is a toss-up.  All that said, with tie-breakers, I think we'd be hard pressed not to grab the #2 bid to the Big XII Championship again.  

We win the B12 outright, with no more than 1 loss we have a chance for big four.  Anything less we are out period.  I would love a Big XII Championship next year and another big bowl win.

I never fully adjusted to the Mack Brown/Greg Davis "formula" that resulted in our beating the North Texases of the world 24-17. We should always score a minimum of 45 pts against those opponents and occasionally rack up 60 or so.

Think we probably need a couple of big linemen and the next Ricky Williams to pull that off.

(OB War Room: Anwar)

One of the questions entering the 2018 season was how Tom Herman intended to utilize the new redshirt rule, which allowed players to participate in four games without giving up a year of eligibility. Previously, appearing in one game could burn a year of eligibility for a player, but the new rule gave coaches more options.

Some Longhorn observers believed Herman could play his freshmen against weaker teams. Of course, Texas did not blow out any squads, and that opportunity never occurred.

Instead, Herman was pretty clear prior to the season he intended to save the playing opportunities for redshirt candidates until the end of the year.

“If you get banged up early in the season at a couple of different positions, and you know those guys are going to be back in four or five weeks, then you play some of these young guys and then put them back on the shelf,” Herman said during Big 12 Media Days. “If not, ideally, I think you want to wait until the end of the season to when you know historically you’re going to get pretty beaten up and worn down. Hopefully, you’re able to use a lot of your skill, and big skill guys, especially on special teams.”

It is safe to say Herman accomplished his mission.

Texas has been able to redshirt 18 players as a result of the new rule. In addition, 13 of those players were freshmen.

Here is the list of scholarship players who are eligible to redshirt, have not previously redshirted and did not participate in senior day (games played in parentheses):

LB Ayodele Adeoye, FR (4)
QB Shane Buechele, JR (2)
WR John Burt, SR (4)
DL Jamari Chisholm, SR (4)
DL Keondre Coburn, FR (3)
WR/TE Malcolm Epps, FR (2)
DL Moro Ojomo, FR (3)
OL Denzel Okafor, JR (1)
RB Kyle Porter, JR (4)

Freshmen who did not play and redshirted:

OL Junior Angilau
DL Daniel Carson
OL Rafiti Ghirmai
OL Christian Jones
OL Reese Moore
QB Cameron Rising
QB Casey Thompson
LB Byron Vaughns
WR Al'Vonte Woodard

Just for clarity, Longhorn offensive lineman Patrick Hudson did not play this season, but redshirted as a freshman in 2017 and was a sophomore in 2018. Assuming he is cleared to play football in the future, he could seek a sixth-year of eligibility down the road.

One player Herman constantly expressed his happiness about redshirting was receiver John Burt.

Herman talked about the bonus of being able to redshirt Burt on multiple occasions last season. Burt had 28 receptions for 457 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman. He did not have a major impact as a sophomore, but rose to first-string on the depth chart for a brief moment during training camp in 2017.

However, Burt struggled during a scrimmage and dropped multiple passes, and he recorded only 10 passes for 170 yards that season. Burt was forced to come off the bench last season, but with Lil’Jordan Humphrey’s recent announcement about entering the NFL draft, Burt has another more chance to work his way into the lineup this season.

“The redshirt rule, I thought was great,” Herman said in December. “I really did. I still wish we would have just five to play five, but this was a step in the right direction. I feel like we managed it well. We're going to get another year from John Burt, one of the fastest guys in the Big 12. We've got a lot of young guys that got some experience but were able to redshirt. We had some true freshmen that you look at them, their development, where they're at, we had to make some decisions and say, you know, is Jalen Green going to be here for five years? No, he's not going to be here for five years. Let's play him on every special teams, let's get him some reps, some experience.

“I think there were all those different categories of older guys that we wanted to save a year, Denzel Okafor falls into that category. We're going to get another year out of him. That is awesome. If you remember when I first got here, I was actually complaining about everybody wanted to call him a true sophomore last year. He played whatever he played, 27 snaps as a true freshman. I think it went well.”

Speaking of Buechele, it is safe to assume the speculation about his future at Texas will be a constant theme throughout the offseason.

Hang in there.

Apparently, gamblers can bet on which school Buechele will transfer to. Arkansas is the favorite to land Buechele. Nevertheless, Arkansas needs a quarterback now since starting quarterback Ty Storey recently added his name to the transfer portal, and the Razorbacks probably cannot afford to wait.

Laying bets on a player’s future is one way to occupy free time, but there is nothing new to report about Buechele at the moment.

I was told Buechele is not in the transfer portal when I asked on Thursday afternoon, which means the quarterback has not informed anyone associated with the program he intends to leave. Obviously, that could change at any moment. However, if leaving Texas is on Buechele’s agenda, he has not taken any official steps to make it happen.

The first day of class is on January 22, and Buechele is expected to rejoin his team for winter conditioning that week.

I will let you know if anything new develops with Buechele.

Jeff Howe: No shortage of weapons on hand to make up for losing Lil'Jordan Humphrey

Texas will obviously lose a lot by not having Lil'Jordan Humphrey on offense in 2019. The talented wide receiver made his declaration on Tuesday that he will forgo his senior season with the Longhorns to enter the 2019 NFL Draft, but it's a decision that doesn’t cripple the offense in what will be the third year of the Tom Herman era.

For the first time in a long time, the 2019 offense on the Forty Acres will be one where the mix at the wide receiver position is a good one between proven veterans with skins on the wall (Collin Johnson, Devin Duvernay, John Burt), young playmakers who flashed big potential in limited roles (Brennan Eagles, Malcolm Epps, Joshua Moore) and exciting true freshmen who might be too good to keep on the sideline (Marcus Washington, Jake Smith, Jordan Whittington).

Nevertheless, the loss of Humphrey is a roster move that will force things to change, which isn’t as bad as it sounds. The answer to filling the void Humphrey is leaving behind could be as simple as Herman showing off more of what the pro-spread offense can do in terms of featuring skill talent on the perimeter. Johnson's return is one of the many positives Texas has working in the offense's favor to cushion the blow of losing Humphrey.

Outside of his numbers — 86 receptions (No. 5 on the school’s single-season list), 1,176 yards (No. 3 in a single season by a Longhorn) and nine touchdowns (tied for the No. 7 on the single-season charts) — the playmaking presence created by Humphrey’s departure is what Herman and the offensive staff will find, in many respects, impossible to replicate or replace. The Longhorns will have no shortage of weapons to put around Sam Ehlinger, but Humphrey is a unicorn — Texas hasn’t had a receiver like him in recent memory and there doesn’t appear to be one like him headed to the Forty Acres in the foreseeable future.

Six-foot-4-inch wide receivers blessed with a tremendous ability to high-point the football and use an abnormally large catch radius to their advantage are one type of beast on their own. Those players who also possess the natural instincts and ability with the ball in their hands of a running back allowing them to play to and through contact and work successfully in and out of traffic are rare breeds.

That’s why Humphrey was able to be a player who could both move the chains and change the game for the Longhorns. Leaning on Humphrey helped Ehlinger's confidence grow and allowed the offense to play with a physical edge. Furthermore, Humphrey’s presence did a lot to grow Ehlinger’s confidence and help his development during what turned out to be a record-setting sophomore campaign.

Humphrey’s ability to win 50/50 balls gave Ehlinger a significant margin for error to where he didn’t have to always feel the pressure to make a perfect throw (something he did to his detriment at times in 2017). Humphrey thrived in the short passing game, which gave Ehlinger high-percentage throws to a target capable of turning nothing into something by maximizing yards to be gained after the catch.

Humphrey’s pile-pushing plays in wins over Oklahoma and Iowa State were season highlights and four of his team-high seven receptions in the Allstate Sugar Bowl win over Georgia were on third-down conversions, including a physical 16-yard catch-and-run on third-and-6 from the Georgia 49 to keep alive a 10-play drive in the fourth quarter where the Longhorns took 5:33 off of the clock and effectively clinched the victory. It was efforts like those that gave the offense a physical edge no defense seemed capable of denying Texas through the course of 14 games.

Throw in Humphrey’s ability to handle the ball as a Wildcat quarterback and take traditional handoffs as a running back and it all adds up to him being a seemingly irreplaceable offensive cog. What Herman and Co. can do, however, is utilize different parts of the offense in order for the overall production in the passing game to avoid sliding back. Replicating Humphrey’s production starts with moving Johnson (68-985-7) around and getting him in favorable matchups. For starters, expect to see Johnson in the slot (although it will be far from his most dominant position) more as a senior than he was in 2018.

The ability to move around and make plays from multiple spots is where Humphrey appears to have an edge over Johnson in terms of what the NFL values in wide receivers in today’s game. Johnson showed throughout the season he could handle making plays from areas on the field other than into the boundary and outside the numbers, which is the part of his game he will need to develop most in the offseason to maximize his value to the offense. Duvernay caught 41 passes in 2018 and appears primed and ready to handle being moved up in the pecking order.

Johnson drawing more bodies to account for him wherever he lines up will create more one-on-one opportunities on the outside for Duvernay, who just wrapped up one of the quietest 40-catch seasons in school history (41-546-4). Johnson and Duvernay both have proven themselves capable of providing big plays down the field, but where both improved tremendously in 2018 was in the short passing game in their ability to get themselves vertical after the catch and pick up extra yards.

Texas will need that from their senior tandem, but Herman and the offensive staff will likely lean on a pair of true freshmen — Smith and Whittington — to provide the rest of the tools Humphrey brought to the table. Both incoming Longhorns have the ability to truly be what Herman wants in a slot receiver in the pro-spread offense, which is what he had with Demarcus Ayers at Houston when he handled the ball in a number of different ways but was able to allow the Cougars to change personnel groupings on the fly due to his versatility.

Smith was named the Gatorade Player of the Year following his senior season and profiles as the perfect pro-spread slot receiver. Smith and Whittington can both get vertical, are both capable of becoming good route runners, but both will first and foremost be hellacious in space in the short game. They two rookies figure to get running back touches from the slot, something the Texas version of the pro-spread hasn’t unleashed through 27 under Herman’s watch.

It’s possible Whittington winds up getting a long look at running back this spring. With Moore returning from injury and D'Shawn Jamison’s future position undecided, the Longhorns have plenty of options in the slot in terms of finding a starting-caliber player who can run with Duvernay and Johnson.
Epps could give the offense the flex tight end presence the Longhorns will be missing with Humphrey's departure. (Photo: Icon Sportswire, Getty)

Then there’s Epps, who could wind up being the flex tight end, which is essentially what Humphrey was at times as a big slot receiver who was an impossible matchup for defenses. Oklahoma had a similar weapon in 2017 with Mark Andrews and so did Texas Tech with Jace Amaro through the 2013 season; it remains to be seen if Epps will stick on the outside or move inside, but he’s got the tools to be a big body who can high-point the football and serve a significant role within the structure of the offense.

Humphrey was so good at what he did, Herman didn’t need to have that many branches on the route tree or dive too deep into the playbook to get him in favorable spots on the field. With plenty of toys — old and new alike — to play with, Humphrey leaving early for the NFL could have Herman unleashing more of what the pro-spread can truly do in order to get the most out of all of the available pieces and keep the Longhorns clicking on all cylinders.

Jeff Howe: Return of Jones helps Texas in quest to build elite secondary

As the Texas safeties were gathering on the field inside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for a group photo following a 28-21 win over Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Year’s night, P.J. Locke III offered a noteworthy parting shot. After wrapping up his 47th and final game for the Longhorns, Locke told a group of assembled reporters trying to snap a picture of a victorious safety unit that Texas can once again rightfully claim being Defensive Back University.

“DBU is back,” Locke said. “Are you sure?” a reporter asked back, seeking clarification. “Yes!” Locke shouted back. “DBU is back!” Kris Boyd and Caden Sterns were both first-team All-Big 12 selections by the league’s coaches and the Associated Press. Over the last two seasons, Texas has had three such players (DeShon Elliott was a first-team All-Big 12 pick by both entities) earn the designation, the first time that’s happened in consecutive years for the first time since 2011 (Carrington Byndom and Kenny Vaccaro) and 2012 (Vaccaro).

Boyd, a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, is a sure-fire bet to follow Elliott (a 2017 unanimous All-American and a Thorpe Award finalist) as a draft pick. It will be the first time a for a Texas defensive back to be taken in the draft in consecutive years since 2010 (Earl Thomas) and 2011 (Aaron Williams, Curtis Brown and Chykie Brown). Sterns has helped the Texas secondary rebrand itself as a defensive back factory for the NFL.

Things continue to trend upward on the back end and 2019 could be another monster season for the Texas defensive backs with Brandon Jones announcing on Thursday that he’s going to put off the NFL draft until 2020 to play one more season for the Longhorns.

Evidence of how strong things are in the secondary how the group can lose two starting cornerbacks and a starting nickelback from one season to the next with the potential existing to not slip a notch (and possibly be better when the dust settles). For Texas, the rebirth of DBU under Craig Naivar and Jason Washington will be bolstered in the third year of the Tom Herman era by the return of Jones.

A player who appears likely to be elected a team captain as a senior, Jones will be the veteran leader with Locke, Boyd and Davante Davis passing the torch to the returning honorable mention All-Big 12 selection. Between Locke, Boyd and Davis leaving, the Longhorns will rely on talent — including one of the deepest and most talented groups of safeties in the country — to replace experience in the form of 146 games played (100 starts) to keep Texas chugging along.

Jones and Sterns will be in the discussion as the nation’s top safety tandem. Jones showed improved instincts over his first two seasons during a 10-game junior campaign where he recorded 70 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, two fumble recoveries, a pass breakup and a quarterback hurry, showing the kind of skills on a consistent basis that earned him loads of praise from Herman and Todd Orlando going back to last spring for how much he improved on the field.

With Jones and Sterns locking down the two safety positions and Anthony Cook and Jalen Green looking like safe bets to be penciled in as the team’s starting cornerbacks for 2019, the Longhorns could come out of spring practice with four starting spots etched in stone. The return of Jones not only bolsters the safety position, him coming back will allow Orlando and Naivar to use B.J. Foster and DeMarvion Overshown where they’re most needed rather than being forced to pigeonhole them into specific roles out of necessity.

What the Los Angeles Chargers did in an AFC Wild Card win over the Baltimore Ravens by using seven defensive backs on the field to neutralize the speed and open-field playmaking ability of Lamar Jackson might seem like a gimmick on the surface. Not only was the defensive package used by the Chargers effective, but it’s also something Orlando — who guided one of the nation’s best turnaround efforts defensively in 2017 by making the Lightning package with six defensive backs a base package — could actually put to use given the bodies he’s got at his disposal.

Behind Jones and Sterns during the coming season will be a veteran in Chris Brown (trusted to start two games in 2018), an unproven commodity in Montrell Estell (injuries have kept him from making a dent) and two athletic, fast-twitch true freshmen in Chris Adimora and Tyler Owens. If things at inside linebacker — Gary Johnson and Anthony Wheeler are gone and Jeffrey McCulloch has the only experience to speak of among the returnees — don’t work out the way he would like them to, Orlando could simply do what he has to in order to get his best 11 defenders on the field.

If that includes (hypothetically) using Brown and Jones at safety, letting Sterns spin down to the nickel spot (a position he could play and excel at given his skill set), having Foster stay in the Joker role (dimeback) where he thrived as a true freshman and getting Overshown on the field as the Rover (he worked there behind Johnson throughout the season while also continuing to work at safety and Joker), Orlando has the required pieces to experiment with such a package for Big 12 play. The Longhorns also have Josh Thompson — the top candidate to take over for Locke in the nickel role — returning and there’s always a chance D'Shawn Jamison could switch over from offense back to defense, which is where he was initially recruited to play.

Texas is oozing talent on the back end right now. Naivar and Washington have recruited at an elite level over the last two cycles and have admirably developed what they inherited from Charlie Strong and Co., but Orlando’s scheme is the type where position logjams can be avoided due to the ability to get as many quality defenders on the field at one time as possible, especially if there are an abundance of players like Jones, Foster, Overshown and Sterns who have hybrid skill sets and can perform multiple roles.
Foster's monster Sugar Bowl performance against Georgia was a sign of what a player with his skills can do in Orlando's defense. (Photo: Stephen Lew, USA TODAY Sports)

Football Outsiders defines havoc rate as the percentage of plays where a defense records a sack, tackle for loss, forced fumble or pass defended (interception or breakup). One year after finishing second in the country with a defensive back havoc rate of 9.7 percent, Texas finished No. 5 nationally in 2018 with a havoc rate of on the back end of 9.2 percent.

In the Sugar Bowl win over Georgia, the defenses recorded 10 havoc plays on the 65 offensive plays the Bulldogs ran. Of those 10 havoc plays created by the Longhorns, according to the advanced box score data, the Texas defensive backs accounted for eight of them, which included four by Foster (two tackles for loss, one pass breakup and one forced fumble). The data proves Orlando can create opportunities within his system for capable defensive backs. The makeup of the 2019 secondary will leave him no shortage of options on how he can best attack opposing offenses.

Whether the Longhorns look at using a package similar to the Quarters package the Chargers deployed to win a playoff game doesn’t matter. The bottom line is the return of Jones assures Herman, Orlando and the rest of the staff that the secondary is more than capable of being the heartbeat of what should be a fast, physical defense attacking opponents in 2019.

I'm not seeing how Burt gets on the field with CJ, DD (if he's really sold this time around) and the 2 freshman. 

Jamison will/ should be on defense and I'm thinking he should compete with Green for field corner unless he magically puts another 20 lbs or so on him. Cook should be good to go on the other side but if Green comes along nicely, they need to flip sides of the field. 

Nickle is the big question in the secondary. Thompson seems like the easy choice but Foster needs to be on the field at all times. Him getting looks here would make sense. 

Then there's the great problem of having Overshown. I know everyone wants to throw him in at rover but I'm wondering if working him into the dime package first is the best approach but I guess it depends what happens at mac. Inexperience here is my biggest concern. 

Not concerned on the defensive line and hope Orlando keeps multiple like he was against Uga. Starters are Roach, Graham and Wilbon with McCulloch and Ossai as your  bbackers in nickle. Behind that is a legitimate 2 deep that can feature all kinds of problems with a little creativity from Orlando. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I'm not seeing how Burt gets on the field with CJ, DD (if he's really sold this time around) and the 2 freshman. 

Jamison will/ should be on defense and I'm thinking he should compete with Green for field corner unless he magically puts another 20 lbs or so on him. Cook should be good to go on the other side but if Green comes along nicely, they need to flip sides of the field. 

Nickle is the big question in the secondary. Thompson seems like the easy choice but Foster needs to be on the field at all times. Him getting looks here would make sense. 

Then there's the great problem of having Overshown. I know everyone wants to throw him in at rover but I'm wondering if working him into the dime package first is the best approach but I guess it depends what happens at mac. Inexperience here is my biggest concern. 

Not concerned on the defensive line and hope Orlando keeps multiple like he was against Uga. Starters are Roach, Graham and Wilbon with McCulloch and Ossai as your  bbackers in nickle. Behind that is a legitimate 2 deep that can feature all kinds of problems with a little creativity from Orlando. 

Burt might see field on 4 WR sets..... and longer drives for a play or two so either DD or CJ get play(s) off after running go routes.....

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman rarely uses 4 WRs set. When they spread the field, they still use their TE and HB out wide. 

Yep.  One of the key advantages to running HUNH is preventing the defense from substituting.  If your offense substitutes situationally, you give the defense the opportunity to do the same.  And it can mess with your timing if the offense is attempting to run tempo.  Recall the way Orlando trotted subs slowly on and off the field when the offense substituted late.  Forced several hurried snaps and timeouts on offense this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Yep.  One of the key advantages to running HUNH is preventing the defense from substituting.  If your offense substitutes situationally, you give the defense the opportunity to do the same.  And it can mess with your timing if the offense is attempting to run tempo.  Recall the way Orlando trotted subs slowly on and off the field when the offense substituted late.  Forced several hurried snaps and timeouts on offense this year.

Plus one of the things that, when things were going well and we weren't turtling to protect a 10pt lead, that we liked about this staff was their adaptability. And because of that I think a lot of us expect 4WR sets while Brewer gets back to 100%. Unless Leitao surprises us all with a new, physical outlook on football.

I haven't been this excited about a season in a long time. I think we put it on LSU and that momentum carries us to the end of the year. I love the fact that Herman's teams do well big games. That was the one things that always bothered me about Brown's teams. He could have a national championship contending team that would walk in to the Cotton Bown and get blown out by 50. That crap seemed like happened every other year. They hung 60 on us I think 3 times during Mack's tenure.  🤦‍♂️

On 1/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, Huckleberry said:

No kidding. There is no way in hell I would trade a home-and-home with those crazy cajuns for a couple of games at some soulless NFL stadium. And I love NRG as far as professional football places go, it's infinitely better than Cowboys Stadium, for example.

You are correct. Hate jerryworld, but NRG is a well laid out stadium. As you said though, no soul.

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Any info on Spring Game dates?  Hoping for late March this time around...

In the past they put it the Saturday before Easter which is the April 21st this year. My guess is April 20th. (It was the 21st last year).

Edited by UTEX_ME

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 1/13/2019 at 11:42 PM, LTtxfan said:
Texas Win in Sugar Bowl helped B12 Conference be rated 3rd out of all conferences in poll (below)
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813859-ranking-every-fbs-conference-after-the-2018-19-season#slide0

Put it on the wall aggy

What a dipshit the author (Brad Shepard) is. He's a Vol so he's party to the contract of inflating the stature of the sec even when he acknowledges the BDF got the better of them (and an ACC team annihilated their top dog).

35 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

....and yet look at the way to early preseason ESPN top 10 for next year. 5 SEC teams in the top 10.  It’s going to take 3-4 more bowl seasons like this one to change the narrative. 

I don't think the mouse is going to change, their credibility on the other hand is shit, so their SECSECSEC opinions no longer matter. 

On 1/2/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ravishing Rick said:

Just as Vince Young won the Rose Bowl in 2004, and then won the MNC the following year, also in the Rose Bowl....

...Sam Ehlinger just won the Sugar Bowl at the Mercedes Superdome in New Orleans, LA.....in early 2020 he will complete the prophesy and win the playoff championship, which will be held at....the Mercedes Superdome in New Orleans, LA.

It is ordained. Vaya con Dios.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman rarely uses 4 WRs set. When they spread the field, they still use their TE and HB out wide. 

He used them plenty at UH, but they only had 1 healthy TE for most of his 2 years there, and he was a walk-on LB.

With the QB news, it appears Texas has a real pecking order at the position since Young, Nordgren, McCoy.

Edited by HtownHorn