2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

This is some grade A level knobbery. My wife had dreamed of a fall wedding much of her life, but I went ahead and was the dream crushing asshole that informed her that a fall wedding on any date, much less the Texas/OU weekend, was a non starter. Outside of the fact I wasn't having it, I certainly wasn't going to either a.) Force a large portion of my friends to miss college football or b) have a wedding where a large portion of my friends wouldn't attend. Shit, I'm still irritated that she managed to squeeze our son's birthday at the end of November. 

Also, speaking of knobs, Jeremy Clark is a giant one. 

12 hours ago, d.plainview872 said:

Got dammit. Recieved a wedding invitation from my cousins girlfriends family for Oct. 12. Fuck did I type that out correctly?

"What invite? I didn't receive any invite."

That's how you handle that one, rookie. 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:15 PM, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Notre Dame (can accept), Michigan (ok maybe), Ohio State (lolok), and Oregon (wtf?) were the four helmets ahead. 

Michigan is a no-brainer. 

Notre Dame's helmet is only iconic because Notre Dame's program is iconic. 

Ohio State?  It's silver with a red and white stripe.  I guess the dozens of buckeye stickers they hand out like candy help?

Oregon . . . come the fuck on.

I'd probably put Clemson and Georgia on that list, although UGA basically lifted it from the Green Bay Packers.  (Contrary to legend, Grambling's version came later.)

I might even consider UCLA, given how unique it is.  Or USC (California version).

Now, if you really want to get twisted on this, here's a Bleacher Report ranking that DOESN'T INCLUDE TEXAS IN THE TOP 25:

Some idiots try to rank helmets

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Michigan is a no-brainer. 

Notre Dame's helmet is only iconic because Notre Dame's program is iconic. 

Ohio State?  It's silver with a red and white stripe.  I guess the dozens of buckeye stickers they hand out like candy help?

Oregon . . . come the fuck on.

I'd probably put Clemson and Georgia on that list, although UGA basically lifted it from the Green Bay Packers.  (Contrary to legend, Grambling's version came later.)

I might even consider UCLA, given how unique it is.  Or USC (California version).

Now, if you really want to get twisted on this, here's a Bleacher Report ranking that DOESN'T INCLUDE TEXAS IN THE TOP 25:

Some idiots try to rank helmets

I think you lost everyone at Bleacher Report. You might as well have posted a link to Billy Liucci's helmet rankings on Texags.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is some grade A level knobbery. My wife had dreamed of a fall wedding much of her life, but I went ahead and was the dream crushing asshole that informed her that a fall wedding on any date, much less the Texas/OU weekend, was a non starter. Outside of the fact I wasn't having it, I certainly wasn't going to either a.) Force a large portion of my friends to miss college football or b) have a wedding where a large portion of my friends wouldn't attend. Shit, I'm still irritated that she managed to squeeze our son's birthday at the end of November. 

Did you consider becoming a grown-up?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Also, speaking of knobs, Jeremy Clark is a giant one. 

Image result for silly gif

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

Saturdays in the fall are sacred. Morning kickoffs at Iowa State...

Let me help you out. I fixed it for you.

I celebrate the entire college football catalog, sir. I've worked hard to cordon off those days with my wife, and giving up real estate you've earned is rarely a good idea.  I enjoyed having a wedding where dozens of people weren't focused on their phones or TVs at the reception.Fortunately, I have a kick-ass wife and our marriage seems to not have suffered from having a wedding in July versus October. How's your marriage? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I celebrate the entire college football catalog, sir. I've worked hard to cordon off those days with my wife, and giving up real estate you've earned is rarely a good idea.  I enjoyed having a wedding where dozens of people weren't focused on their phones or TVs at the reception.Fortunately, I have a kick-ass wife and our marriage seems to not have suffered from having a wedding in July versus October. How's your marriage? 

It was just a joke, and it's fine.

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

“Just need QB”  might truly be the funniest thing I’ve ever read within the sports Internet world. 

TCU fans are convinced it'll be a quick bounce back because of what they did after the terrible 4-8 year in 2013.  But there are some key differences.

1. They completely changed their offense to air raid and brought in two OCs in 2014. Now they're trying to slightly adjust to a more Baylor style without changing staff.

2. Texas was dogshit the last time they turned it around. And Oklahoma was a level below what they are now.

3. They had an elite talent at qb.

Patterson's a great coach but I don't think it's a given that they compete for conference titles again this decade.  The stars aligned for them last time. 

Edited by fellside
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Texas/OU is sacred. Morning kickoffs at Iowa State...

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

It was just a joke, and it's fine.

I've been too busy having sex with my supermodel wife to read any of these posts.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, fellside said:

TCU fans are convinced it'll be a quick bounce back because of what they did after the terrible 4-8 year in 2013.  But there are some key differences.

1. They completely changed their offense to air raid and brought in two OCs in 2014. Now they're trying to slightly adjust to a more Baylor style without changing staff.

2. Texas was dogshit the last time they turned it around. And Oklahoma was a level below what they are now.

Patterson's a great coach but I don't think it's a given that they compete for conference titles again this decade.  The stars aligned for them last time. 

4.  TCU no longer has the best defensive coaching staff in the league.  He might not have the 2nd best staff now.

5.  Texas is not only on the rise.  The coaches seem to be doing a much better job of evaluating and developing recruits.  Those were two areas that TCU exploited in the past to compete with the big name programs.  That's going to be harder for them now.

3 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Texas/OU is sacred. Morning kickoffs at Iowa State...

It's almost like you don't realize that Saturdays move on the calendar because the number of days in the year is not divisible by 7. What was a boring road game against a hapless Rice squad in 1984 became an amazing win over Oklahoma in 2018 (October 6th).

Or that schedule formats change. What was a meaningless bye week Saturday in early September in 2002 is the biggest home game in years in 2019 (September 7th).

Wives are weird and like to celebrate anniversaries and shit. Avoiding fall weddings entirely is the only solution.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fellside said:

57 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

4.  TCU no longer has the best defensive coaching staff in the league.  He might not have the 2nd best staff now.

5.  Texas is not only on the rise.  The coaches seem to be doing a much better job of evaluating and developing recruits.  Those were two areas that TCU exploited in the past to compete with the big name programs.  That's going to be harder for them now.

TLDR-- they're starting Alex fucking Delton. Frog ain't winning shit

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's almost like you don't realize that Saturdays move on the calendar because the number of days in the year is not divisible by 7. What was a boring road game against a hapless Rice squad in 1984 became an amazing win over Oklahoma in 2018 (October 6th).

Or that schedule formats change. What was a meaningless bye week Saturday in early September in 2002 is the biggest home game in years in 2019 (September 7th).

Wives are weird and like to celebrate anniversaries and shit. Avoiding fall weddings entirely is the only solution.

It was a joke, but your response is a prime example of why I couldn't resist making it.