2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

I’m rewatching the Big 12 championship game right now, and god damn we are going to beat the fuck out of OU this year. They just lost too much on Offense. Hurts just can’t do what Baker and Murray did. 

Not only that but a healthy Sterns and Jones for the entire season solidifies a lot of questions about this secondary. If our corners grow up in a hurry we are going to throat fuck this conference. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Jalen Hurts in this conference makes as much sense as a female being an aggy cheerleader. Dude is gonna get wrecked. 

I was told baby Stoops is a QB whisperer and it doesn't matter that his skill set doesn't match the system... or position...

Dude stares down his receiver, looks to run when pressured, you can see him back there behind the line... he's the opposite of Ewok..

Just now, Zavala said:

I was told baby Stoops is a QB whisperer and it doesn't matter that his skill set doesn't match the system... or position...

Dude stares down his receiver, looks to run when pressured, you can see him back there behind the line... he's the opposite of Ewok..

If he was a qb whisperer he wouldn’t need to keep bringing in transfers over the kids he actually recruited. 

12 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Our D-line is going to feast. I may not drink to save room for the tears. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hurts is overrated, but you guys are overcorrecting on him. He's good enough to tear up most of the defenses they'll face, and will struggle against the top couple 

Correct.  He's got good straight line speed plus size and the power that comes with that.  He's not nearly as quick or elusive in the pocket or escaping from it as the last couple of OU QBs.  But he is fast enough to break some long runs and big enough to run over a lot of DBs once he breaks contain.

32 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hurts is overrated, but you guys are overcorrecting on him. He's good enough to tear up most of the defenses they'll face, and will struggle against the top couple 

Agreed, plus it hard to discount the Lincoln Riley factor at this point. He seems to be pretty good at picking and elevating QBs

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

lulz, but Feleipe Franks improved so much in the second half of last year, right?

Hurts is still a really good QB even if he's not on Mayfield and Murray's level. Our Defense is still going to struggle to hold OU under 40 this year. 

38 minutes ago, Fud said:

28 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Correct.  He's got good straight line speed plus size and the power that comes with that.  He's not nearly as quick or elusive in the pocket or escaping from it as the last couple of OU QBs.  But he is fast enough to break some long runs and big enough to run over a lot of DBs once he breaks contain.

I think he’ll be very good, but a noticeable step down from the last two. Keep in mind: these are the same posters that assured us Murray wouldn’t play a full season without getting injured. 

Kyler is more electric, but Hurts might be a more effective overall runner; he can run inside, he can lean forward for extra yards, and he's not a pussy. Lincoln will do a great job of scheming open first reads for him, and as we saw in his freshman year with Kiffin, he can hit guys running wide open down the field. He'll run into trouble when real defenses take away his first read and force him to throw into tighter windows. 

Hurts is not as good as Murray in escaping trouble in the backfield (few are) which becomes a bigger deal considering the losses on their OL. I don't think anyone doubts that the offense will still be productive, but what I think is a reasonable prediction is that they won't be able to still convert first downs and big chunk gains on plays where the defense covers the first and second read like they could last year. Murray's quickness and their OL allowed more time for longer progressions, or even allowing receivers time to go into "just get open" mode if the intial routes were not open.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Hurts is not as good as Murray in escaping trouble in the backfield (few are) which becomes a bigger deal considering the losses on their OL. I don't think anyone doubts that the offense will still be productive, but what I think is a reasonable prediction is that they won't be able to still convert first downs and big chunk gains on plays where the defense covers the first and second read like they could last year. Murray's quickness and their OL allowed more time for longer progressions, or even allowing receivers time to go into "just get open" mode if the intial routes were not open.

I think he does give them a frequent called run chain moving option that they didn't really have with Baker (not as athletic) and Kyler (don't want to injure him). Baker was better at moving around in the pocket, and Kyler was quicker and more explosive and could also hit home runs. Just different runners all around, but he might be more effective in his own way. 

34 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

I think he’ll be very good, but a noticeable step down from the last two. Keep in mind: these are the same posters that assured us Murray wouldn’t play a full season without getting injured. 

I think most people underestimated how big of pussy Murray had become/is. No one could have known that he would go into the fetal position(or dive for a safety) whenever anyone got close to him. The last time he played, he didn't slide and was getting concussed by Bama. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

lulz, but Feleipe Franks improved so much in the second half of last year, right?

Hurts is still a really good QB even if he's not on Mayfield and Murray's level. Our Defense is still going to struggle to hold OU under 40 this year. 

We will see. Florida is 1-0, beating a tough Miami team at a neutral site. Oklahoma sucks.

Hurts long run from scrimmage is 27 yards. Murray was a MUCH bigger rushing threat/harder to contain than Hurts will be.

Not saying Hurts isn't a good player but his time at Alabama when his entire team on Offense and Defense were 5 stars have skewed perspective on just how good a QB he is.

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Did you watch the game? It's a rivalry, and yeah, Miami has some beasts on defense and a pretty good QB, though he's a freshman. I bet Miami will shit on the ACC until they get to Clempson.

That's like saying that Florida will shit on the dregs of the SEC East until they get to Georgia.