Game 13: Texas at Kansas State, 8 PM, ESPNU

Machinator

We played pretty good defense, but we gave up too many open 3's, which was also something that cost us vs Michigan State. We need to get better at that, but the story of the game is Hayes and Febres. They came up big for us tonight. Also, the overall team body language was encouraging.

Texas’ basketball team is now higher rated by Kenpom (28th) than Texas’ football team is rated by S&P+ (30th post-Rose Bowl). Texas must be a basketball at heart given how much fans have viewed the respective seasons for these two teams. 

Edited by Fozzz

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Jase shoots like the rest of the team, we probably win but with some tense moments. With Jase shooting like he did, it became a laugher.

The rest of the team shot 39% from both the field and from deep. I don't know if that's enough for a win. Would have been very close. 

12 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Funny seeing Liddell say he didn’t want to go in. Not sure what to make of that 

12 hours ago, TornACL said:

Yeah that was weird. 

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah that was strange.  it didn't look like either he or shaka was upset that he said no but weird

What was up with that?  Has this team given up on Shaka?  That was a major red flag imo.

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

The rest of the team shot 39% from both the field and from deep. I don't know if that's enough for a win. Would have been very close. 

as limited as KSU was I think it would have been.  WVU going to be interesting, I think it will give us a better view of where we are.  I will still be shocked if we go 9-9. we have to shoot around 38% from 3 to be in every game.

1 hour ago, Lerka Lerka said:

What was up with that?  Has this team given up on Shaka?  That was a major red flag imo.

I didn’t see it that way. 30 seconds of mop up duty for a scholarship player was an interesting choice and the response was equally interesting. 

Edited by Revolution512

2 hours ago, justhookit said:

He just shook him off. I really don’t think there was an issue

I agree it didn't look like there was any issue with Liddell saying no(from either side).  maybe Shaka has a deal about asking a scholarship guy if he wants to go in before running in the walk on's.  Shaka probably should have put him in before that but I wasn't paying attention to score/time/stoppages.