2019 Board Improvement Thread

immamac

On 4/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, ztejas said:

What is up with some of these ads? This is the 2nd one I've seen this week that blocks the login button so I have to refresh and hit "sign in" before the ad loads. I mean this is ridiculous:

adslol.png

sent to my ad network guys - this shouldn't be happening like this. 

For those wondering - lurkers see ads all you have to do to get rid of them is sign up

• Like 1

We need the ability to leave comments with our rep. I had to pos rep someone today that I cant stand pos repping. I like to let them know that their post was good enough to overcome my dislike for them without dragging it into the thread.

This would be awesome

On 4/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, ztejas said:

What is up with some of these ads? This is the 2nd one I've seen this week that blocks the login button so I have to refresh and hit "sign in" before the ad loads. I mean this is ridiculous:

adslol.png

I want to sign up for that boot camp, though.  Not for the certainly waste of money shitty "financial advice", but for that cool Bobby Brady 70's haircut and Greg Brady Johnny Bravo sweater!  Man I hope they can tell me where to go to get those!

26 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I want to sign up for that boot camp, though.  Not for the certainly waste of money shitty "financial advice", but for that cool Bobby Brady 70's haircut and Greg Brady Johnny Bravo sweater!  Man I hope they can tell me where to go to get those!

I can't wait for Rugby Shirts and Toughskins to come back.

So threads still jump with tweets, next unread will never be fixed, the entire fluid mode is still completely fucked. 

Just out curiosity, imma, what exactly have you done? Why are there so many unresolved issues?

You keep saying shit will be fixed, but it never is. 

• Like 1

1. Any way we could get https://streamja.com/ and/or https://streamable.com/ links to embed? A lot of the sports highlights, esp from reddit, seem to be hosted on that and it never displays as anything but a link. It can be a pain in the ass trying to track down the same plays on twitter or YT (mostly due to strict copyright - esp from soccer broadcasting rights) and twitter always takes you through multiple screens to get the link you need to embed.

2. Another suggestion I'd like to crowdsource if it hasn't been already - seems like "Other Sports" is mostly soccer dominated. To me it seems it would be a cleaner view if soccer had it's own either forum or sub-forum. I think it would help visibility for the "other" other sports on the main forum and make it easier to find threads for the soccer fans here.

That said, I think most of the auto-embed work is really, really good and I have very few issues with the site as a whole. I would guess most issues that get brought up are user-side and not board-side. 

In the Lulz forum, 2 threads have a unique condition: the LOL thread and the Holy Shit one.

When I click on them, and then click "back," I have to hit back several times to get back to the Lulz main page.  It's as if the page loaded 8 times, and I have to go back that many times.  Is this ad-related or what?

Check this out:

2019-04-29-100726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not sure if improvement, but mayhaps the site would be better without these hideous black bars when I view the website on my phone.

The "Default," not "Main (Default)" theme eliminates those, but it's fuct up in some other ways, as in can't access inbox, profile, and some other things.

Please fix the Default theme.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I don't care about any of the minor inconveniences I put up with on this site, but I will say it seems to suffer from more than the average number of bugs. If it's the forum software, which seems to be the consistent answer, consider hitting reboot and migrating to a different product. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 7:44 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

Rocko neg posts were like a ray of sunshine.

I remember when someone had a screenshot of a rocko neg where he said he'd take a shit on their entire family. I bet that guy's second cousins and other distant relatives were so confused when this black dude in a sweet vette pulled up and started undoing his pants. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 8:33 AM, alincoln said:

Posters with more than 50% of their total posts in CR should be banned from all boards other than CR.

If you make more than say five posts in CR in a 24 hour period you are not allowed to post on any other board until you have fewer than five posts in CR in the last 24 hours.

• Like 2